WOW FOR DILIP

Wobile

6 minutes ago, MsKat141 said:

Volatility has to get lower and markets have to get deeper then banks will use xrp because it makes sense but this will take time. 

I wonder how much time.

My thought is that it could well be years still, and to expect it to happen any sooner would likely set one up for disappointment. Not trying to spread FUD; XRP is a very solid investment to me, but I think the realistic timeline for adoption may be longer than some people on these forums are hoping for.

Once XRP is being used en masse in payment corridors around the world, it would be the first digital asset to derive its value from actual use and not simply speculation or market manipulation practices. This has never been done before. The potential upside is appreciable, but I think it will take years for us to see a shift in the USD value of XRP appreciating due to usage rather than speculation.

20 minutes ago, MsKat141 said:

Volatility has to get lower and markets have to get deeper then banks will use xrp because it makes sense but this will take time. 

I wonder how much time.

My guess it will take a few brave banks to get started, then the sheep will all come baaa'ing in to get it as well.   Courage is in very short supply now, but it will happen.

4 hours ago, woytow said:

My thought is that it could well be years still, and to expect it to happen any sooner would likely set one up for disappointment. Not trying to spread FUD; XRP is a very solid investment to me, but I think the realistic timeline for adoption may be longer than some people on these forums are hoping for.

Once XRP is being used en masse in payment corridors around the world, it would be the first digital asset to derive its value from actual use and not simply speculation or market manipulation practices. This has never been done before. The potential upside is appreciable, but I think it will take years for us to see a shift in the USD value of XRP appreciating due to usage rather than speculation.

Again, thanks to BankXRP channel.

Well said. Brad said give it 36 months: 

Edited by Wobile

5 hours ago, Plennie_Wingo said:

I am getting spoiled watching Ripple execs give interviews.  Compare them to the perfect idiocy of US political 'discourse' these fine days.

They are all on top of their game and have complete command of what they want to say.  Bravo!

Seriously spoiled. Not only are they welcoming competition, they are making space for competition. 

What an opportunity. 

Edited by Wobile

7 hours ago, MsKat141 said:

I wonder how much time.

Nah man, read about cobalt. 1second settlements means volatility means nothing.

14 hours ago, woytow said:

In Europe atleast, I think the ball will start rolling in 2019. The ECB has stated that in March, banks must open their API’s for third parties to start testing their systems. In September, all banks systems must be available to go live.

I think banks should want to get a head start before they have to comply to open banking and give access to their customers accounts.

Santander seem to be on the ball with their app and they are using the best tech available and will likely keep a large proportion of their customers who are looking for a way to make faster payments!

The next few years will be very interesting in the grand scheme of the IoV.

15 hours ago, woytow said:

Agreed. A few years ahead is the realistic timeline. 2018 may very well shuffle up the cryptomarkets (separate the wheat from the chaff and such), but widespread adoption takes time. Things that are a good idea remain, Ripple is obviously one of them, things that are not good enough or plain BS will die off.