quan

How does Inter Ledger benefit xrp?

1 minute ago, KarmaCoverage said:

*If you are wondering the other ingenues strategic moves Ripple has made IMHO, the Market for Float idea. It's absolutely genies. This is cream of the crop team they have and are continuing to grow.

Don´t want to hijack the thread but, never heard about this before, and have no clue what it is, can you give us some more information about?
Thanks in advance

8 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

*If you are wondering the other ingenues strategic moves Ripple has made IMHO, the Market for Float idea. It's absolutely genies. This is cream of the crop team they have and are continuing to grow.

Do you mean this one? https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@alex13/value-of-ripple-xrp-holding-explained-in-details

Edited by Lamberth
I think I found the explanation

3 minutes ago, Lamberth said:

What is Market for Float? Escrow?

Basically XRPLedger is like an uber for money. A 2 sided market for float where Corp Treasury departments can both borrow and lend international float. Like a Uber user can both be a Rider or a Driver.

ILP further enables this by extending XRPledger's ability to connect and bring more liquidity flow through XRPLedger.

It is all pretty genius, and 100% will "leave a dent in the world". 

@KarmaCoverage, could you explain the flow concept for XRP further? What is the incentive for a Driver in this case? Why would anybody allow to borrow his international flow from XRP Ledger?

Edited by Lamberth
Paying for Market making?

4 minutes ago, Lamberth said:

@KarmaCoverage, could you explain the flow concept for XRP further? What is the incentive for a Driver in this case? Why would anybody allow to borrow his international flow from XRP Ledger?

14 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Basically XRPLedger is like an uber for money. A 2 sided market for float where Corp Treasury departments can both borrow and lend international float. Like a Uber user can both be a Rider or a Driver.

ILP further enables this by extending XRPledger's ability to connect and bring more liquidity flow through XRPLedger.

It is all pretty genius, and 100% will "leave a dent in the world". 

I was curious about this too, lending float would need some type of coupon rate wouldn't it like a bond?

25 minutes ago, Lamberth said:

I tried to explain this here

This is a 2d chart, but I imagine it as a 3d chart in the shape of a tornado.

The outer edges are xVia at the top (of the tornado) and, xCurrent the middle,  then xRapid close to the center, with XRPLedger being the center of the vortex. Sure not 100% of flows will pass through the middle, but plenty will to create a world changing impact.

ILP is essentially making all the connections. The only exception would be Escrow or PayChan, but those would probalby be used in conjunction with an ILP payment.

Capture.PNG.39e5d57e0808f2c5fc869b8351a8a337.PNG

Edited by KarmaCoverage

@KarmaCoverage yep, I have seen this pic. It is great and everything makes sense in the explanation of the products.

I still don’t see how a Corp Treasury can be a Driver in this concept. Say, I am Apple. Everybody knows I have plenty of cash in all jurisdictions. Are you saying my bank will forward me payment / settlement requests through xVia? Why would they?

15 minutes ago, Lamberth said:

@KarmaCoverage yep, I have seen this pic. It is great and everything makes sense in the explanation of the products.

I still don’t see how a Corp Treasury can be a Driver in this concept. Say, I am Apple. Everybody knows I have plenty of cash in all jurisdictions. Are you saying my bank will forward me payment / settlement requests through xVia? Why would they?

Does this help? it's not ILP specifically, but enabled by the whole suite that is the IoV or RippleNet.

Edited by KarmaCoverage

7 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Does this help? it's not ILP specifically, but enabled by the whole suite that is the Iov or RippleNet.

I see the point and I now understand what you are trying to say.

Don’t you think that the Corporate Treasurer with a lot of cash on hand would be acting as a bank in your example? Just saying the guy would probably be better off making REPO deals with his bank instead of trying to squeeze a penny here and there.

Both examples make perfect sense when a corporation can keep part of its money in XRP. If/when this happens - we’d see a completely new world. 

2 hours ago, Lamberth said:

I see the point and I now understand what you are trying to say.

Don’t you think that the Corporate Treasurer with a lot of cash on hand would be acting as a bank in your example? Just saying the guy would probably be better off making REPO deals with his bank instead of trying to squeeze a penny here and there.

Both examples make perfect sense when a corporation can keep part of its money in XRP. If/when this happens - we’d see a completely new world. 

Im still batting this around in my head while trying to guess about what xPool could be. It may enable automated micro Fiat loans, instead of just trading through exchanges like xRapid. Just a guess, but xRapid could be the consumer product (buy liquidity), while xPool could be the supplier product (sell liquidity).

Edit: If you think about it... that would make both xRapid and xPool loans in fiat... both effectively Fiat:XRP exchange mechanism... or both accomplishing the old original role of a Gateway

Edited by KarmaCoverage

1 minute ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Im still batting this around in my head while trying to guess about what xPool could be. It may enable automated micro loans, instead of just trading at exchanges. Just a guess.

Same here. Like Underpants gnomes from South park we are struggling with Phase 2 but really like Phase 3. 

To stay on topic of https://interledger.org/ aside from all the activity on Github,https://github.com/interledger/rfcs/issues/

Hopefully this visual helps give some perspective, and I think it is at least 90% accurate given where ILP specs settled.

5ace9d4c3f9ab_ILPLayerStack.thumb.jpg.7f37ea779d25076c487e973ae08d4b80.jpg

This thread is also among the most up to date and through threads on ILP.

Here is an idea of what I believe this ILP and IoV is going enable to be assembled over the next 10+ years across all financial services. Source:

5ace9dd243e4d_networkoffirms.jpg.8b166ae8c7a4de8cfa48194d32857a3e.jpg

Edited by KarmaCoverage

Per my understanding ILP is a token/coin agnostic protocol. It's great that Ripple is the one initiating it but I still don't understand how XRP is even relevant in the protocol. On different thread I was told that XRP is the "native" token for ILP but I still can't find proof that substantiates such claim. Searching for the term "xrp" in ILP repository yielded no results:

https://github.com/search?q=org%3Ainterledger+xrp