Hello! I'm the 'Head of Community' @ Ripple :-)

peebo38

Welcome and congrats with your new exciting job! Although, maybe not as exciting as living in India...:)

I was a bit concerned last week when "India banning crypto" was all over the news. I hope it was fake news, or they change their minds.

Hello! I'm Claire Arthurs Kart (@clairearthurs), the new 'Head of Community' at Ripple and wanted to introduce myself to the community on XRPChat. I joined Ripple last week and am still getting my feet wet, but I look forward to getting to know everyone and hearing your ideas for how we can build a strong community together. I've been investing in crypto and reading deeply since 2013. Ripple, XRP and XRP Ledger enthusiasts have built a really strong community already, and I admire the passion, intelligence and thoughtfulness of the conversation happening across Twitter, Reddit, XRPChat etc. I became interested in crypto and blockchain technology while living in rural India and seeing first hand the negative effects of financial exclusion and outdated financial systems on the everyday lives of people. Building a more financially inclusive future that allows broader groups of people to participate in a formalized economy is why I joined Ripple and why I believe in the power of the technology. Enough for now - can't wait to meet and chat with you all! 
Welcome to the XRPChat community! We look forward to your insights!

1 hour ago, peebo38 said:

I'll let Brad know you miss him. Are guest appearances in the forum from execs and our research team something of interest to the community here? 

Hi Claire, and welcome! In time you'll see how truly funny this question is... I literally laughed out loud :lol:

As you peruse the archive of employee comments the forum you'll see how we much we love visits from Ripple employees - it's like having a celebrity drop in on your party!

1 hour ago, peebo38 said:

I'll let Brad know you miss him. Are guest appearances in the forum from execs and our research team something of interest to the community here? 

Also, his beard.  He must never shave that beard. 

Being realistic and honest though, I think most everyone within this community largely agrees that Ripple appears to be doing a fantastic job and we are all more than excited about the opportunity to invest in XRP.  Crypto has a whole has been thrashing about in the depths of a bear market this year and it's easy for morals to sink a bit after watching the 2017 roller coaster that often came with new highs, rather than new lows. From what we can see of Ripple, nothing but good things seem to be happening. We're all chomping at the bit to find out what the company will tell us next. Which new partner they have landed, or who might be going live with xRapid.  I assure you that we all live on the edge of our seats and many have even traded much of their doge for XRP ;)