Hello! I'm the 'Head of Community' @ Ripple :-)

6 minutes ago, Coretex said:

Hi Claire, welcome to XRPCHAT.

Would it be inappropriate to ask you what your objectives are? 

no, it's not inappropriate but it's also early days for me. I've been on the job for 8 days, doing a lot of listening and getting to know the specific needs and characteristics of this community, so I don't have hard objectives yet, still on the 'listening tour'. generally speaking i'll be here as an official liaison between Ripple and the community and I'll be working to strengthen what you have ALREADY built (which is strong and awesome) - there are a lot of strong leaders here. I could work 24/7 if I spent tons of time in the forums, and I don't intend to control the dialogue or dominate, so you'll see me here from time to time. if you have ideas on what you would like from me and Ripple, I'm here to listen 

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello! I'm Claire Arthurs Kart (@clairearthurs), the new 'Head of Community' at Ripple and wanted to introduce myself to the community on XRPChat. I joined Ripple last week and am still getting my fee

I'll let Brad know you miss him. Are guest appearances in the forum from execs and our research team something of interest to the community here? 

@peebo38 we need you to join The Tinfoil Castle club! You could really help the community with the connections we are trying to make, while laughing at some of the speculation.

members like @JoelKatz, @nikb, @miguel were still quite active until last summer, always loved their posts. 

I have one question @peebo38 can we have a fan Friday more frequently? :-) 

Like the one we had with our honorous member @Hodor

Don't know why it is offline now... https://ripple.com/kr/insights/fan-friday-qa-with-hodor/ however I really love Ripple's 404 page. 
Genious for a company partnered with over a 100 banks :-)

Edited by xrp_ins
1 hour ago, peebo38 said:

I became interested in crypto and blockchain technology while living in rural India and seeing first hand the negative effects of financial exclusion and outdated financial systems on the everyday lives of people.

This part caught my eye!  Was it part of a group effort or outreach of some kind, or was it just an independent decision to live in India for a time? 

Welcome!  :D

Welcome Claire.  As you've no doubt seen, the communities on social media revolving around Ripple and XRP are as diverse as the world population itself.  But unlike other cryptocurrencies, the holders and believers of the only true digital asset, XRP, strive to be well informed, factual, supportive, and are fiercely protective.  I'm so glad you are here!

6 minutes ago, xrp_ins said:

Don't know why it is offline now... https://ripple.com/kr/insights/fan-friday-qa-with-hodor/ however I really love Ripple's 404 page. 
Genious for a company partnered with over a 100 banks :-)

From what I understand, there was some sort of legal concern of some kind after the fact.  @ReinhardCate can comment about if this is still a factor or not. 

In any case, her hands may be tied by the Ripple legal team on that end; that being said, I'd be in full support of bringing it back if she can clear the red tape. 

1 hour ago, peebo38 said:

Hello! I'm Claire Arthurs Kart (@clairearthurs), the new 'Head of Community' at Ripple and wanted to introduce myself to the community on XRPChat. I joined Ripple last week and am still getting my feet wet, but I look forward to getting to know everyone and hearing your ideas for how we can build a strong community together. I've been investing in crypto and reading deeply since 2013. Ripple, XRP and XRP Ledger enthusiasts have built a really strong community already, and I admire the passion, intelligence and thoughtfulness of the conversation happening across Twitter, Reddit, XRPChat etc. I became interested in crypto and blockchain technology while living in rural India and seeing first hand the negative effects of financial exclusion and outdated financial systems on the everyday lives of people. Building a more financially inclusive future that allows broader groups of people to participate in a formalized economy is why I joined Ripple and why I believe in the power of the technology. Enough for now - can't wait to meet and chat with you all! 

Hey, approved your post on /r/Ripple. I'll try and add you to the whitelist for posts but Automod gets aggressive sometimes. 

@peebo38

First off, WELCOME!   So 8 days... you filled out enough paperwork to kill a small tree, got the office tour, remembered where the break room is for lunch, and found your way on here where we are happy to have you!  We all have our stories and reasons for being on here .  I enjoyed hearing yours so far and look forward to hearing more!  

Also, personally I think Brad shouldn't be coming on here, but going out and about to give interviews with his $10,000 suitcase on a plane analogy... because he usually drops more juicy hints during those interviews that we drool over for weeks... speaking of which, hoping 200 banks is coming up soon ;)

snoopy-kiss.gif

MGGSnoopy.jpg