peebo38

Hello! I'm the 'Head of Community' @ Ripple :-)

A warm welcome to @peebo38!

It is indeed great to see you here, liaising with a community that has stood steadfast behind Ripple through all the FUDing. I saw that you mentioned making money transfer easy and painless for those in rural areas. I personally buy things from Fairtrade stores (Coffee, mostly) and as I understand, the money goes through several middlement before it reaches the farmers and craftsmen. If Ripple can change the status quo and enable them to receive their payments directly and fast, that would be amazing and transformative. :) 

Now speaking as an XRP HODLer, please let Brad know that we trust him to take us to Mars and beyond!

5acf3add30cae_ripplestory.thumb.jpg.6b30ab58e3e2d9321cee7330d673a1b2.jpg

Figures. I am gone a day or two and most exciting people join. 

Welcome to the club @peebo38!

Does this mean Ripple is or will be planning to launch more consumer facing services or is this just communication channels for now?

There are a couple steps that could be taken that is beneficial for both Ripple and the community immediately: 

- better access or means to report suspicious activity (scam sites). Right now we PM or tweet developers, socially active employees

- clarity on Ripple brand usage for community initiatives (swag, services)

Hi @peebo38 , hope you are well :)

I'm one of the many average person that invest in regular markets (stocks/banks). 40yr old and I work for a Multinacional IT company. I got to know Ripple in last October. Since then, I did not invest in any Crypto before.

I start with a few thousands of XRP last year and increase my positions on the bull run that happen in December and January by FOMO.  The only reason that I invest in XRP and Crypto was because the company Ripple. Right now, I'm increasing my stack based on facts and confirmed road-map by Ripple.

As you may see, I don't post here a lot, but since January, I start to read a lot about XRP and Ripple and I can tell you, that here is my best source, comparing to Reddit or other sites.

I just like to send you this little note, as you are one official employee of Ripple, understand that a lot of people like me, only invest in Crypto because the COMPANY Ripple. Not because 100% speculation or lotery ticket.

Facts about the company make me believe that INVESTING in XRP will give me a best return when comparing to stocks or regular banks applications.

So, for a regular/average person, middle year, I'd like here. and I'd like people's feelings and believers. I'm a very mathematical person and regarding money I try to stick to plans. (except for the little FOMO in January, but it was ok).

So, welcome, and I hope that you could got the info that you need to pass out to company C-Level.

Cheers

Edu

43 minutes ago, peebo38 said:

Energy and morale are high! this is the most spirited and energetic group of people i have ever worked with 

Wait till we se 10$. 

This forum will be bombarded with gifs of rockets and photoshopped Brad in a body if some God figure?

On 4/11/2018 at 1:06 PM, peebo38 said:

@ReynoldsWrap589 what is the The Tinfoil Castle Club? Thanks for the kind welcome 

I'm sorry for the delayed response. It's sort of like sand castle club, nothing to see there. Sorry for the confusion. I know you are new to Ripple but could you PLEASE let us know if you see this person walking around Ripple HQ? Thx in advance.

NqvcLQIJ_400x400.jpg

54 minutes ago, peebo38 said:

Energy and morale are high! this is the most spirited and energetic group of people i have ever worked with 

If I can read between the lines a bit that says to me that even though XRP went through a god-awful bear market and net worths at Ripple took a big

hit, this company still believes in what it is doing.  Very reassuring.

Edited by Plennie_Wingo