Jump to content
xrpmommy

Exclusive: Ripple Invests $25 Million in Blockchain Capital’s $150 Million Venture Fund

Recommended Posts

Guest

Ripple is at such an advantage at this space, I almost feel sorry for the competitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ed1 said:

Ripple is at such an advantage at this space, I almost feel sorry for the competitors.

Can't agree more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smart move by Ripple Labs to invest in a company that vets the many blockchain app startups before funding them, rather than Ripple Labs having to do the vetting themselves. I wonder if Ripple has any leverage in the selection process so as to line up startups that can use the existing state of development. Ripple's software ecosystem is adding features that will enable more use cases, but the new features aren't in production yet, so any startup that can use the existing software should be able to come online faster than those that require new features.

Hmm. After reading this, I betting I'm in the running for the new "Dr. Obvious - he knows things everybody knows!" :)

Edited by n2it
Reflection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, n2it said:

Smart move by Ripple Labs to invest in a company that vets the many blockchain app startups before funding them, rather than Ripple Labs having to do the vetting themselves. I wonder if Ripple has any leverage in the selection process so as to line up startups that can use the existing state of development. Ripple's software ecosystem is adding features that will enable more use cases, but the new features aren't in production yet, so any startup that can use the existing software should be able to come online faster than those that require new features.

Hmm. After reading this, I betting I'm in the running for the new "Dr. Obvious - he knows things everybody knows!" :)

They are geniuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://fortune.com/2018/04/11/ripple-invests-blockchain-capital/

 

Quote

Now, Blockchain Capital says it accepted XRP, reportedly making it one of the first venture firms to accept capital calls in digital assets. The fundraise carved out the XRP funds into a separate special purpose vehicle called Blockchain Capital Parallel IV, which only accepts contributions in cryptocurrencies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes this model of driving adoption is going to be crucial going forward for the teams that can afford to take advantage of it.  Provide the ecosystem and some investment capital and allow the seeds of new business models grow around your ecosystem and integrate your digital asset into their business model.  It's win-win for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else think this is a huge leap forward? I think it's a genuine game-changer, a real genius move on Ripple's part...

"As the ecosystem around blockchain continues to expand and develop, Ripple will look to support new use cases of the technology including more investments in business use cases developed by entrepreneurial teams and funds."

“Blockchain Capital is the premiere fund for any project looking to get off the ground in the blockchain space. They have a proven track record for finding and funding the projects that matter,” said Patrick Griffin, SVP of Strategic Growth at Ripple. “This is the first fund that we’ve contributed to, and it won’t be the last. We plan to be major players in shaping the future generation of blockchain or crypto companies.”"

(emphasis is mine)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GiddyUp said:

Does anyone else think this is a huge leap forward? I think it's a genuine game-changer, a real genius move on Ripple's part...

...

Just realized another cool thing is that Ripple's investment was in XRP, not USD. Blockchain Capital could, of course, convert it to USD and then end up funding a non-XRP app, but why? Wondering if the investment had strings attached so that the invested XRP could only be used for XRP apps .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
11 minutes ago, n2it said:

Just realized another cool thing is that Ripple's investment was in XRP, not USD. Blockchain Capital could, of course, convert it to USD and then end up funding a non-XRP app, but why? Wondering if the investment had strings attached so that the invested XRP could only be used for XRP apps .

Plus this puts it in their best interest to help cultivate the XRP ecosystem with said future apps causing XRP prices to increase and thus the value of their new found treasure trove of XRP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Brad is going to be the benevolent dictator that I expect him to be,  because if they keep laying pieces on the GO board they way they currently are,  then Ripple is going to be so dominant in multiple enterprise and peer to peer spaces that they will truly be masters of the universe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...