Riseup

XRP 9th by trade volume, despite all great news. Why ?

Why you think this is the case? XRP had so much great news, why you think it has so low trade volume? Recently its mostly from 5th to 9th position, now 9th. Your thought why this is the case? 

I am not taking answer as FUD, because XRP has the most positive news, so you cant "defend" this is a FUD on XRP.

1 minute ago, Riseup said:

Why you think this is the case? XRP had so much great news, why you think it has so low trade volume? Recently its mostly from 5th to 9th position, now 9th. Your thought why this is the case? 

I am not taking answer as FUD, because XRP has the most positive news, so you cant "defend" this is a FUD on XRP.

Lot of crypto investors still don't understand the tech or potential behind their investment.. Most of them believe the FUD and lot of new investors in Ripple got burnt in the last bull run, I mean the persons who got at high.. 

Its not just ripple.. Since volume of whole market is dull, bears are having a good control over Ripple.. But as Brad mentioned, You shouldn't be worried about daily price changes. Ripple as a company is doing everything they can do to promote XRP's usage and I am sure they will be successful with it. Just HODL.

10 minutes ago, xrp_moonjet said:

Lot of crypto investors still don't understand the tech or potential behind their investment.. Most of them believe the FUD and lot of new investors in Ripple got burnt in the last bull run, I mean the persons who got at high.. 

Its not just ripple.. Since volume of whole market is dull, bears are having a good control over Ripple.. But as Brad mentioned, You shouldn't be worried about daily price changes. Ripple as a company is doing everything they can do to promote XRP's usage and I am sure they will be successful with it. Just HODL.

I agree. My understanding from being on reddit and reading around in the different communities is that it’s not your average investor who’s in crypto.

i would say that many are very attached to their investment (I would know, haha??‍♂️). 

I think that with the new hire of Cory Johnson Ripple will begin to present an easier-to-understand version of their products :) 

13 minutes ago, xrp_moonjet said:

One thing that is strange to me is "bears in crypto", can you explain me that because I just dont get it. Because this is not stock where you can earn money while stock is falling. How can be bears present here ? At stocks you have bears who earn on falling (they invest with SELL, if stock go down, the close position and they earn money) and bulls who earn on up movement (BUY). But this is crypto, its not stock on stock exchange how can be bears present here i dont get (i understand lately there are bitcoin futures, but they are traded small scall compared to entire market cap, and i know some CFD companies allow trading crpyto on buy/sale, but still thats not big part of trading vulume)

So care to explain what you mean with bears? It doesnt make sense, this is not stock market

21 minutes ago, Riseup said:

Bitcoin pairing suffocate XRP. No matter how many good news come out XRP follows Bitcoin down.

I still don’t understand that system . It’s like every stock on the S&P 500 was paired to Apple ! Does that make any sense ?

32 minutes ago, Riseup said:

It's been the story of this particular crypto from jump. Last year the same thing happened even after very big announcements like American Express. It tends to to go sideways with little pumps and dumps here and there and then usually out of nowhere it goes BOOM. I wish I had a good answer, but I really don't. I know it's very frustrating, but at least almost all cryptos are way down. Last year was worse, all other cryptos were booming and we stayed at .20 for an eternity it seemed. 

Market is segmented. The people who believe XRP has high future value have bought in. The ones who don't, aren't buying. The impetus to sell is all gone now too - what for? flip it for a couple of cents? It's all rather uninteresting. Volume is gonna stay low for a while, maybe something stirs it up again next year.

18 minutes ago, ChavasRegal said:

Maybe it's because everyone is riding or the storm by hodling and not trading. 

I think this is exactly why the sudden booms happen.

I was trading regularly down from the ATH, but once we got to $1, I couldn’t take the stress of even temporarily not holding XRP, so at that point I shifted to a strategy of locking up my existing XRP by moving them off exchange into a Wallet.

Whilst the price is low, i’ll just accumulate a few hundred each month, but I’m not selling.

Eventually the money moves back in and there aren’t enough XRP to go round.

Funnily enough this currently seems to be happening with Verge/XVG. I’ve got quite a few XVG myself, and basically the Verge crowd are very fanatical and so never sell, and it doesn’ Take that much cash to push the price up.

This is what happens when you are almost three months into a bear market. All of the really, really weak hands have already sold. And others are too scared to buy in, watching to see what the trend is. Therefore, you get low volume. 

I think there is a ton of money just sitting on the sidelines waiting though. I have a huge pile of fiat waiting, and I know others on the forums have talked about having a nice stash waiting to see how much lower we go. 

Something to consider is there were many, many, many new people trying to get into the crypto market during the ATH. So many in fact that several exchanges had to closedown new member applications, and other were having significant delays process new applications. This means the amount of people able to buy and sell crypto now is probably significantly larger than it was during the start of the last bull run. Whenever this market reverses and we start going green again I think there will be a lot more money flooding into crypto than there was last time. 

Lastly, don't forget that a lot of BTC and ETH volume is driven because people have to buy those in order to buy other coins. 

Edited by Coin_Hound

1 hour ago, Riseup said:

I am not going to do the math for you, look at the volume/coin price then come back and see where XRP is coin trade volume

A lot of us understood the proposition well enough to already be all-in, so we're not buying. Understanding the bright future also means we're not selling. A bit of new money has been (temporarily) scared off by the intense bear market, so we're left with a small volume of brave (or brilliant, depending on your stance) souls who are buying in/trading right now.