Riseup

XRP 9th by trade volume, despite all great news. Why ?

There are just not that many retail investors/speculators (like all of us) in XRP.  When bigger money leaves true retail investor volume shows.  Not that many people are invested in XRP, and it's a problem now, and will be in the future.  "People" engage with Bitcoin and Ethereum.  "People" (the common person) doesn't really have a strong compulsion for XRP.  It's a problem for Ripple the company as well as us.

My view, as someone who only started investing last December, is that the core members of the Crypto community are dominated by a cult that have no connection with reality.  In their bubble world XRP are a criminal organisation that needs to be extinguished before it corrupts the market they have believed in, built up and known for years.

The big explosion in Dec and early Jan was made up of immature get-rich-quick moonies that chose XRP because it was rising fastest.  These people got very disillusioned, especially with XRP.  They either left or became  absorbed  by the crypto community, they believe the FUD spread about XRP.

We are waiting for a new influx, this time not made up of people who have heard about Bitcoin.  The new influx will be people who have heard about Ripple XRP and they will be more mature, more interested in the news.  These people will ignite a new bout of Ripplemania which will clear the FUD away and bring in a whole new group of get rich quick speculators.  I think once the next bull run gets properly started XRP will quite quickly become the No1 coin.

Edited by Julian_Williams
spelling

11 hours ago, Riseup said:

One thing that is strange to me is "bears in crypto", can you explain me that because I just dont get it. Because this is not stock where you can earn money while stock is falling.

Yes you can, in etoro (for example) you can short XRP and some more cryptocurrencies.

Quick reminder to take the indicated volumes with a grain of salt: https://medium.com/@sylvainartplayribes/chasing-fake-volume-a-crypto-plague-ea1a3c1e0b5e

In theory you would need to subtract all the fake volume (or better, the fake volume share) of affected exchanges from the aggregated volume figures to get a clear view on volume. Currencies might not be comparable volume-wise depending on how much share of their respective volume is generated by exchanges affected by the fake volume mentioned in the article.

Anyways - a growing XRP ecosystem should go hand in hand with a massive (and sustainable!) increase in volume.

Edited by crypto1337

7 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

My view, as someone who only started investing last December, is that the core members of the Crypto community are dominated by a cult that have no connection with reality.  In their bubble world XRP are a criminal organisation that needs to be extinguished before it corrupts the market they have believed in, built up and known for years.

The big explosion in Dec and early Jan was made up of immature get-rich-quick moonies that chose XRP because it was rising fastest.  These people got very disillusioned, especially with XRP.  They either left or became  absorbed  by the crypto community, they believe the FUD spread about XRP.

We are waiting for a new influx, this time not made up of people who have heard about Bitcoin.  The new influx will be people who have heard about Ripple XRP and they will be more mature, more interested in the news.  These people will ignite a new bout of Ripplemania which will clear the FUD away and bring in a whole new group of get rich quick speculators.  I think once the next bull run gets properly started XRP will quite quickly become the No1 coin.

I agree. To the early Crypto investors we are the Pinkertons moving in to regulate the gold rush. They truly were the pioneers and if they believed in their market and weren't stupid enough to spend 200,000BTC on a cheese burger in 2008 they should be wealthy and long gone. What we have now however are a bunch of zealots who have jumped at random on the back of a rising currency and are now stuck on it. They are more like Robinson Crusoe than Al Swarengen, trapped on their own little paradise waiting for rescue and I have massive sympathy.

I got into the Crypto market just before the last rush and bought my first XRP's at 24c. I chose XRP because I recognise a good sales pitch from a bad one and 99% of coins have a very, very bad sales pitch. Sales is a science and most people don't understand how powerful a tool it is and as such it is expensive. Most currencies have a flashy looking black and white video and website promising to change the world but that is simply the surface. Scratch beneath and you quickly find the sort of production values commonly found in most second rate universities.

As it turns out, I was right. The ONLY professional company on the crypto space is Ripple and the more I read the more excited I become and the higher my expectations. I take all this cryptic BG123 castle drawings, XRP to be the new world currency stuff with a big pinch of salt and don't believe his/her $589 EOY predictions but I do believe this has the potential to make me wealthy by my standards and is the best possible investment available at the moment.

Others on different currencies forums are very often pretty nervous. Not me and not the folk on this forum and there's a reason for that.

On 10/04/2018 at 10:07 PM, Riseup said:

One thing that is strange to me is "bears in crypto", can you explain me that because I just dont get it. Because this is not stock where you can earn money while stock is falling. How can be bears present here ? At stocks you have bears who earn on falling (they invest with SELL, if stock go down, the close position and they earn money) and bulls who earn on up movement (BUY). But this is crypto, its not stock on stock exchange how can be bears present here i dont get (i understand lately there are bitcoin futures, but they are traded small scall compared to entire market cap, and i know some CFD companies allow trading crpyto on buy/sale, but still thats not big part of trading vulume)

So care to explain what you mean with bears? It doesnt make sense, this is not stock market

In Crypto Bulls & Bears are simply Buyers & Sellers, pretty much the same as the regular stock market I guess, at least that's my take on it :)

10 minutes ago, cryptohippy said:

In Crypto Bulls & Bears are simply Buyers & Sellers, pretty much the same as the regular stock market I guess, at least that's my take on it :)

Correct. Same as stock markets, you'll hear it referred to as a bull or bear market.

Edited by xrp-pat

22 hours ago, cryptohippy said:

I am not sure if you know what "sell" (shorting, bear market) mean in stock market, its not the same as if you buy some crypto on for example bitstamp or coinbase, and later Sell it.

In stock market if you short some stock (somewhere people reffers to that as sell) you make money if stock go down. And if stock go up you lose money.

So if you for example open short position (sell) for tesla at current value (around $300) and if tesla drops to $200 and you close a position, you get profit of $100

Like someone said you can do on same way at some CFD trading companies with crypto, but I am not sure if on that way some big people can in fluent direclty on particular cyrpto (unless you do this with newly open bitcoin futures, but if i am not mistaken so far only bitcoin have futures, and trading volume there is ...lets face it...its not big yet)

Edited by Riseup

8 minutes ago, QuestionTime said:

Platforms like Etoro allow you to short XRP and other Cryptocurrencies.

Make $ on the way up and on the way down.

Yes that what I said in last message where i mentioned "cfd trading companies", but originally by default cryptos "doesnt support shorting" like stocks. So platforms just on their own way offer shorting, and such platforms offer this on their own risk (usually with help of external partners).

Bear market in crypto: people getting scared and selling crypto at lower position then bought (losing money)

Bear market in stock market: people "bettting stock will fall down" with shorting and earning money directly + people closing their buy positions because bears prevailed on bulls

EDIT: BTW: Do NOT go into CFD with crpytos. DONT DO IT!

Edited by Riseup

On 4/10/2018 at 3:41 PM, Riseup said:

Why you think this is the case? XRP had so much great news, why you think it has so low trade volume? Recently its mostly from 5th to 9th position, now 9th. Your thought why this is the case? 

I am not taking answer as FUD, because XRP has the most positive news, so you cant "defend" this is a FUD on XRP.

Ripple has so much great news. XRP not so much. 

The guys at Ripple truly are genius. Associating their name Ripple with a digital currency So that when positive news is released about Ripple everyone assumes that it’s XRP that’s getting the good news. Causing the masses to purchase XRP. Amazing how many reporters refer to XRP as Ripple.