Sign in to follow this  
gibbontrader

Just heard an ad for Ripple as part of your 401k

I listen to MSNBC in my car via Sirius. They play different ads on the radio feed then what is on the boobtube. Regardless, they just played an ad for a service that will add crypto to your 401k and investment portfolio. It was pretty terrible production but Ripple was mentioned by name.

Marketing experts will tell you that it takes around 10 impressions for a product to 'land' on a consumers radar. Assuming these ads become ubiquitous, my prediction is that we start to see a new crop of people investigating crypto investments in 2-4 months. Marketing, even bad radio marketing, is a powerful thing.

Anybody else hearing similar ads?

42 minutes ago, gibbontrader said:

I listen to MSNBC in my car via Sirius. They play different ads on the radio feed then what is on the boobtube. Regardless, they just played an ad for a service that will add crypto to your 401k and investment portfolio. It was pretty terrible production but Ripple was mentioned by name.

Marketing experts will tell you that it takes around 10 impressions for a product to 'land' on a consumers radar. Assuming these ads become ubiquitous, my prediction is that we start to see a new crop of people investigating crypto investments in 2-4 months. Marketing, even bad radio marketing, is a powerful thing.

Anybody else hearing similar ads?

Haven't heard or seen any radio or consumer ads yet, but "crypto" has definitely established itself in pop culture for 2018.  References in TV shows and movies are picking up.  I'd prefer to see actual reputable product ads for investment and/or the utility behind some of the projects, but I'll take whatever we can get.  Awareness is awareness.

44 minutes ago, Zedy44 said:

Haven't heard or seen any radio or consumer ads yet, but "crypto" has definitely established itself in pop culture for 2018.  References in TV shows and movies are picking up.  I'd prefer to see actual reputable product ads for investment and/or the utility behind some of the projects, but I'll take whatever we can get.  Awareness is awareness.

The trouble is with over 1500 coin/tokens Joe Public is lost. If you dont understand the tech and the mission how do you figure that Litecoin for example at x 200 price it is not a better investment than XRP. Market needs to shed some  of these sheetcoins but each week the rubbish number grows

1 minute ago, rainbowhunter said:

The trouble is with over 1500 coin/tokens Joe Public is lost. If you dont understand the tech and the mission how do you figure that Litecoin for example at x 200 price it is not a better investment than XRP. Market needs to shed some  of these sheetcoins but each week the rubbish number grows

I think Chris Larson said 90% of the coins will be gone before long.  For the same reason you said.  Their chit.

1 minute ago, XRPisVELOCITY said:

I think Chris Larson said 90% of the coins will be gone before long.  For the same reason you said.  Their chit.

Trouble is barriers to entry are so low, its easy to produce some carp white paper and fleece hundreds of millions from nieve investers. Roll on regulation

5 minutes ago, rainbowhunter said:

Yes weeding out the garbage will be difficult.  I'm not sure how it can be done in a global exchange sense.  The US can have the SEC and CFTC drop the hammer on many scam ERC20 tokens, but how do you vet them all and how do you enforce listing those scam tokens on exchanges outside the jurisdiction of the US?  I suppose if the US decides to implicate foreign exchanges that don't comply as breaking US law (i.e. they have to stop supporting US customers) that would entice foreign exchanges to cooperate to maintain their existing customer base. 

2 hours ago, rainbowhunter said:

Trouble is barriers to entry are so low, its easy to produce some carp white paper and fleece hundreds of millions from nieve investers. Roll on regulation

The days of forking, changing a few lines of code, writing a white paper and ico’ing will be over very soon.  The barrier to entry will be controlled soon and only the chosen will survive and thrive.  

Sign in to follow this