MaxEntropy

Ripple's Market Cap... needs to move to #1

Watch Stellar...

they have an Eco-system which Ripple does not. ERC-20s will either create their own custom networks or use Stellar Network... depending on use case. Tron and Kin come to mind, but I expect that social media tokens will, as well.

@Tripple

I don't think i was specific in my definition of what i was working on. I expect that I said, that it was a cloud based (Azure) agent that gathered data from numerous global exchanges. The agent has been expanded now, to gather other types of semantic data about cryptos... which is then stored/represented in a proprietary canonical form... for mobile devices.

:-)

@MaxEntropy,

what’s wrong with your memory? Read your own words from just 12 days ago.........all positive about Ripple. 

Bad hairday today?  Wait......your naughty cousin has hacked your laptop again!

Quote:

the author does not identify or describe the STRENGTHS on the Ripple technology/product platform.

I'll give you a hint... Ripple is strong because of the following and arguable in the order presented:

Transaction fee prices... exceedingly low... maybe .001. [I have not used Ripple Network recently. Someone should correct this.]

Execution speed... exceedingly fast, given the perceived competition... 2-3 seconds

Under load, the throughput of transactions at PEAK busy period... I do not believe Ripple publishes either the criteria or the results, but this is a significant network attribute.

Private global company which is growing to meet the huge challenge of integrating with globally distributed banks. Ripple is the only private company which is on all continents and focused on a single corporate objective.

Cloud based platform which enables 'easy' adoption both for trials and product delivery. I expect that cloud instances can be moved in-house and out of the public/private cloud for security reasons.

Ripple Network components are both open and closed source... this is very useful... in protecting their brand and enabling 3rd party application extensions.

Ripple does not require the additional burden of mining for coins or extraneous transaction processing 

Ripple is sitting on significant cash and crypto reserves... which will enable acquisition of more people on the ground globally.

Think...

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

they have an Eco-system which Ripple does not.

What eco-system? How many wallets/users there are on Stellar network? How many there are on Ripple network?

The comparison is just ridiculous!

Edited by zerpian

1 hour ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

@MaxEntropy,

what’s wrong with your memory? Read your own words from just 12 days ago.........all positive about Ripple. 

One of the characteristics of an internet troll is they will happily hop on both sides of a flagging argument just to keep it going.  They crave attention.  Starve them...    don’t feed the trolls. :) 

@Ripple-Stiltskin

I think you misunderstand me, I have been consistent:

• Ripple holders will make the big bucks in the next 2-3 years because the banks have no choice but to use Ripple
  • Ripple will be locked out of the performance and broader tech partnerships because of many things
  • Ripple is unlikely to survive beyond the 4 year period, because of their leadership

Ripple could survive if the BIS/CB adopt the Ripple Network... but this would simply fall into their laps and it is not based on internal leadership.

The last innovation in Ripple was the McCaleb implementation of Ripple Network and Consensys algorithm. Everything else since then has been little stuff and glue.

It is failure to lead.

@Tinyaccount

One of the properties of muppets is that fail to see nuance.

:-)

It is possible to both win small, and fail big.

It is possible to schmooze your way into a global product... just look at Google and Facebook. Both had / have In-Q-Tel funding.

23 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Ripple will be locked out of the performance and broader tech partnerships because of many things

What "things"? This is FUD unless you explain the things that concern you and open them up for discussion.