MaxEntropy

Ripple's Market Cap... needs to move to #1

8 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Most people do not see the future... 

There is no role for a bank in this model ....

Bitcoin reignited an anarchist hope, and cypher punk took on the cyber punk mantle fashioned in the early 90s.  It seems that you're foretelling a new economy defined by being able to transfer value globally and without cost outside of the financial power structures. 

However, I'm not sure even your most militant Marxist will admit that those power structures can crumble overnight.  That doesn't mean we're left with mere reform, which seems to be the heart of your Ripple critique.  Perhaps there's another way of interpreting Ripple that is not limited to an either/or proposition.

It might be helpful to think of Ripple as a fifth column (not that they would think of themselves that way at all).  What I mean is that their approach in effect would be to co-opt the power structures to help fuel liquidity.  The moneyed will help jump-start the ecosystem, of course in the hopes of converting it for its own use.  Sure, nothing is guaranteed, but in the end, my hope is that we'll still have open digital assets.  That may be the phoenix to rise from the ashes if and when a new economy emerges.  Finance need not be destroyed, but just put in its place.  What becomes the predominant means of transferring value involves decentralized micro 'payments.'  Banks won't be excluded, but they won't be what they are today.

21 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Ripple needs to...

I guess I can believe everything you have stated, and accept that XRP will never succeed as I planned. 

Also, I can clearly see that you are educated and do present facts, along with your interpretations. 

What I cannot wrap my head around is WHY?? Why waste so much effort and post these warnings to help us?? 

Most of us are Hodlng regardless of your posts or the current news. I also STRONGLY believe that the Hodlers on this site could not care less if people hold BTC or any other coin. Sorry, but I (we) do not have the urge, or the time, or energy to save every investor from his or her own bad choices. Why do you?

You protest to much, to paraphrase a classic. It reveals that you sleep under a looming threat. This brings me peace. Thanks for posting.

@MaxEntropy I am fully invested back into XRP now which was why I was silent for a few months.

I can envision that banks will still exist in form (not yet toast!) but will be disrupted by new mobile apps for traditional banking services ie., deposits, loans and cash transfers.  This disruptions will be massive with many staff displaced with no ability to find similar types of work eg., bank tellers, loan officers, etc.  There will be massive competition in this space with AI and fintech announcing new apps or gizmos to serve users from individuals, commerce and governments.  Looking at iTunes/App Store applications.  Go to App Store Search and type in loan and it is clear that banking is being transformed since banks will no longer be the primary source of funds but will still exist given its banking license that serves as a barrier to entry for new incumbents. People will shop for the best rates and most efficient rout that can only come from new fintech providers with little or no infrastructure costs (ie., no legacy bank system with huge back offices hubbed in India etc).  The clear winner will be those lean operators with the best app and with the best rate and customer feedback/service.  Traditional banking will be disrupted for decades to come but will still exist given banking license and strangle hold on the market and central banks.

As for XRP, we're still early in the game but as mentioned, Ripple has at most 18 months to make a name for XRP before the market loses confidence.  We saw XRP attain #2 spot before.  It has the product and ability to attain the coveted #1 spot to reign supremacy if its leaders are able to amplify liquidity and serve its users/supporters as global reach as possible.  Currently, most trading of XRP is in Korea so interest and namesake is not commonly known around the world.  With the billions that Ripple has, they should look to launch huge advertising on Ripple and XRP to the end users and commerce now that the bankers are quite versed with Ripple's product.

Best to hold XRP for the next ATH and then decide whether to offload a portion like me during the recent Jan hurrah.  Instinct tells me that we are quite near another step up in price with a possible decoupling or flippening from Bitcoin.  Perhaps, this is my wishful thinking but for what it is worth ... XRP does have the speed, low cost and scalability so little wonder why people just don't get it until XRP becomes a household name like Apple.  By then, the easy money will be priced in but I guess people will have the security and faith of a more stable or secure company as oppose to speculating on a banker's coin ...

@bookworm

I am technical... I think I know most of what is going on technically... globally.

While I agree with the 'massive' changes, i am thinking you are missing the mark with the App Store venue. Apple is mostly finished with regard to their walled garden. It will be difficult for Apple to extract 33% from the developers in the future as payments will be exchanged outside the 'garden'. 

I have looked carefully at Telegram and KiK... and somewhat at the white papers from STORM and TRON. The next phase of innovation is going to be from 'agents' or 'autonomous services /bots with information' and the ability to enable decision making by humans under the scope of the AI domain of knowledge for Bot. Traditional native apps and browsers will not be the platform of preference.

Try installing the KiK app.

While it is rather miserable today, it is a stable platform service which has been running for years. You will that notice 'buried' within the miserable UX there is the ability to add BOTs to the chat channels. Now clearly, these are also miserable BOTs, but it is early days. You could see that there is ability to with a QRcode to automatically install a, say, MENU BOT for your favourite restaurant or MacDonalds. Then using the UX you can query, drill down on menu items and the AI will present you with choices... Order, check specials, order desert, get the bill. This is the future. The same can be done for mundane Insurance coverage for house and car. These organizations will be gutted and as a consequence so will the communities from which those employed came from. 

If you have kids... then they should be working in the trades, or robotics, or AI... everyone else will be working in a virtual organization with virtual managers... with AI monitoring their performance.

:-)

As for the banks... no one has answered my questions about the DEBT... posed in another thread.

11 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

@Valhalla_Guy

I don't think you read my comment about Chomsky and authorship... maybe in another thread.

Writing is beneficial to the author... it consolidates and re-structures ones own thoughts... I benefit more from this stuff than you folks will.

Does this re-structuring include reevaluation of your position on Ripple/XRP or reinforce it? Can you try to get outside of your personal echo chamber and see alternative points of view or are you trapped in your own dialog? Just wondering...

30 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I benefit more from this stuff than you folks will.

I agree with you on this point. However, almost everything else in your responses has been simplified to such an extent that I could write pages of counter arguements. 

- Bots doing the work of other people will be taxed and regulated into niche low income markets. Try looking up unions and their political ties.

- Debt, show me one example of any empire, country, etc. in the historical record that hasn’t gone through debt cycles, including extinction. 

- Fiat, good luck ever unwinding the fiat. Population got too big and standards of money too limited to not have fiat. Are you asking to go back to precious metals in the market place?

- Banks, not sure what will ever make banks go away since there has to be controls on who is a good person to lend to. I mean, should we start a debtor’s prison again? Again, show me in the historical record where banks have been and then completely gone away never to return. It isn’t there because someone with wealth will always become a bank to the poor.

- I think you personally live in a place that is far removed from most people’s realities. 

But im sure I’ll get more out of my post than you will.

Edited by Raz

10 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I benefit more from this stuff than you folks will.

That is the most sincere and accurate statement you have ever posted.

I do not know Chomsky, but people have always learned more using ears, not voice. 

To what end do you benefit? Will you one day sell your XRP, after you convince yourself it was a bad buy? 

Your opinions on the future of tech, and Financial Systems, are simply musings of an anonymous poster on a small time chat site. Do not take yourself to seriously, you are not some insider that knows huge secrets. Your posts reveal your adolescence and lack of comprehension of basic fundamental human principles. Give yourself another 5-10 years, after working in a real job, and maturing into a true adult, you will then understand that Chomsky had a sense of humor. 

You are not Max.

Edited by Valhalla_Guy

On the DEBT side without reading too much, the world central banks in the most indebted nations (eg., US, Japan, UK, Cda) have been tinkering with their dollar debasing or erosion due to ccy devaluation as a result of their nation’s debt (printing of paper fiat) and overspending.

We know two facts - Ripple is working with dozens of central bankers and there’s the need to rid the shxxload of debt following the QE exercises.

What if, the global central banks engineer together to buy some digital ccy for $0.50 and then trade with one another for $5 or even $100 over time?  This would in effect set this digit ccy price at $100 on its books (hmm, profit of $99.50 on $0.50 buyin) but the bankers will be laughing as their trillions in debt are now balanced or morphed by the trillions in asset that were just mystically created out of thin air ... I can think about that castle depiction from Bearableguy/JC now haha ...

For $10t of debt, that nation(s) can buy any digital ccy for pennies but they trade with other indebted nations to drive up the price for consensual benefits.  All nations indebted would no longer be indebted in a nutshell.  Think about budget surpluses forever for those nations with a digit asset that can be set by the central banks.  Wow ...

As one can see, debt is only on paper but can be easily erased by joint writeoff or shenanigans which is why ...

Banks and central banks have this common interest given the ease to generate cash out of thin air.  Had govies bought Bitcoin for $70 each, their return would still be 100x and surely ample to service its annual/total deficits if buckets of coins were purchased annually.

Only a theory but something that I’m sure is on the bankers and money managers’ mind lately which is why regulations are warranted to ensure that the establishment reaps most of the benefits. Only indebted nations will legislate for cryptos while richer nations like China or India will shun such get rich scheme ... hmmm, tick for US, Japan, UK and Cda etc ... tick mark no for China, India etc ...

Edited by bookworm

13 minutes ago, Raz said:

I agree with you on this point. However, almost everything else in your responses has been simplified to such an extent that I could write pages of counter arguements.

[elided] 

- I think you personally live in a place that is far removed from most people’s realities. 

But im sure I’ll get more out of my post than you will.

Nice try @Raz, but I think @MaxEntropy isn't really listening, but just waiting for his turn to talk. Maybe @Tinyaccount is right

9 minutes ago, n2it said:

Nice try @Raz, but I think @MaxEntropy isn't really listening, but just waiting for his turn to talk. Maybe @Tinyaccount is right

You are probably right. I really write for everyone else so they don’t get caught up in his polemics that are based on assumptions that aren’t so. Sometimes engaging in an arguement is more for the listeners than it is to persuade the one you are engaging in the arguement with.

22 hours ago, MadmaXRP said:

FUD FUD FUD, Ripple will take 1st place, its just a matter of time before mass adoption takes place, Ripple have the sales, the marketing, the trust, the market and the concept so its a clear winner in my books, so my friends who FUD FUD FUD, keep FUDDING as its quite entertaining :)

Ignorance is bliss. 

I will say it again. 

To Max or anybody who is constantly posting their opinions on how a company should do it’s job. 

If you are indeed, the most master of the ? -when moon? 

Or in your case-when should people take their loses and move on? 

I am not making fun or being sarcastic, if you are such a smart arse, provide concrete details. Dates , we need dates.

I have asked this before, but never had an answer.

Why? 

Because you, like everyone , know absolutely nothing, but  still making the stupidest assumptions, and giving your  opinions on how a multimillion dollar  company should or should not work, and what they are doing wrong .

Does it ever actually crosses your mind , that people that are already billioners, know how to run a firm without some idiotic advice from a chap of the message board that always states that ripple has to do this and that , should or shouldn’t  have done this, or that is bound to fail since they didn’t do this and that ? 

Do we see your face on TV? 

Do you give interesting speeches?

Are you a manager of a multimillion dollar company? 

No, you are not. 

If you had any real knowledge of how any of this work , you would probably be a part of such firm.

Or , you would be already  a billionaire yourself by making smart trades, and would never post here. 

But you are none of these things. 

If you want us to take your “educational” posts seriously, if you are the most master of a brain-provide concrete and exact timetable concerning the inevitable demise of ripple . 

Something like , “on December of 20..., Ripple will fall, because of this and that, if I am wrong I will suck everyone here”. 

If you are not able to see the future, you can’t judge or give business advice to anyone that is clearly much successful than you . A person with real knowledge of how crypto market works , would not be spending his time here, trolling the fans of Ripple.

He would be to occupied making millions , but not  trolling hundreds.

Edited by FUD
Spell *** wrong