MaxEntropy

Ripple's Market Cap... needs to move to #1

37 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

@panmores

The only thing that matters in the crypto space for corporations is:

• tx price, and
  • performance
  • liquidity

The network that reaches critical mass with these characteristics... wins.

Only the early adopters of crypto care about 'de-centralization'... everyone one else just wants the functionality. Ripple needs to distinguish itself in the near future. Management in corporations are fickle, they will not recommend solutions that could be deemed acquaint when it comes to performance.

BCH and Bitcoin are in 2018, presenting network performances characteristics that will cause corporations to re-do their internal due diligence.

I see security didnt make your list.

3 minutes ago, kuyu said:

How is it FUD. Ripple repeatedly outline those very same things as their competitive advantages. They focus on them, as they are the most salient advantages and the immediately realizable ones. 

If they did lose these advantages, that is a serious issue. So yes, time is fleeting. That is not FUD. That is a fact of life.

You must have read "This is FUD." And stopped reading the rest of my post.

Edit: Nobody is going to say "Oh well this one is the fastest lets use that." You have to take the whole coin feature set into account and its interactive abilities with its ecosystem.

Edited by Trader-to-the-Crown

33 minutes ago, txferrari said:

Agreed.  The hype is done with Ripple.  I don't care who they line up or what they say they are doing or testing or piloting or what have you.  Unless something HUGE happens, I see $1.00 max and that's about it.  Looking back, can't believe I hit when it hit $3.00.  But, I bought some the other day at .48 so.  Hopefully I see that $1.00.  haha.

Are you and jasil brothers or sisters?  

The issue is not a bear market. The issue is performance advancements in BTC and BCH which will eclipse Ripple Network performance.

Ripple has no technical response to this today, and even if they have an engineering group working on acceleration, they are toooo far out to dal with corporate desire to benchmark Lightning vs RippleD. If Ripple had been proactive they would have funding both internal and research efforts in performance. It is not like the industry thought the Bitcoin's had maxed out.

Ripple has pivoted too many times and lost time in the market.

Be nice to Max.  He's demon-possessed.  Out, demon!  Be a doorman, no more!  Stop spreading thy hot airs, herein!
(Also, your namesake was bright enough to know that it was just a thought experiment: useful, but not really "real".)

No matter; the angel-wrestlers have almost always turned out to be some of the finest men.  I'll sort this all for you:

No man will research that deeply - spend so much time, spin such specific strawmen - without eventually buying in!

Hiya Max - how ya been?  Finite?  That's alright!  But tell me, after 150 years, are you still pushing "isolated system"?

It's a loser, Max.  Everything's interconnected now.  This patent clerk related it all, one year;  some kinda big miracle!

You're in the right place, though, Max, if you're looking for a new career.  There's physics in Ripple; do you feel it, too?

MC might be a good indicator of current popularity but I think the fundamentals that you mention along with Ripple's team, connections, and current and future partners will be the factors investment firms prefer to invest in. MC is really not really useful in the long run. 

16 minutes ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Maxie, I kinda admire you for the way you relentlessly try to swim upstream but ultimately mate... You. Just. Don't. Get. It. 

But I do prefer your Sisyphean brand of FUD over all the other negative nancies around here. At least you're entertaining.

Yes, but if he gets everyone thinking a little bit that is some kind of left-handed service.

9 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

@panmores

The only thing that matters in the crypto space for corporations is:

• tx price, and
  • performance
  • liquidity

The network that reaches critical mass with these characteristics... wins.

Only the early adopters of crypto care about 'de-centralization'... everyone one else just wants the functionality. Ripple needs to distinguish itself in the near future. Management in corporations are fickle, they will not recommend solutions that could be deemed acquaint when it comes to performance.

BCH and Bitcoin are in 2018, presenting network performances characteristics that will cause corporations to re-do their internal due diligence.

I totally agree that the some of the major factors that will drive corporate uptake are speed, price and liquidity . The fourth will be expertise and business acumen of leadership . 

BTC won’t ever get the required TPS for massive adoption , even their lead devs present its future as a store of value not a means of transaction.

BCH will be massively increasing its TPS this year but with off chain solutions . These same off chain solutions are available to all Blockchain tech including XRP. So whilst BCH etc expand from 10s of TPS to 1000s of TPS , centralised Blockchain s like Ripple and Neo will be expanding from 1000s TPS to 100,000s of TPS . Neo will possibly reach millions.

The very thing that Ripple and Neo get criticised for ( its centralisation ) is the very thing that will enable it to be adopted by mainstream corporate business like Uber , Apple , FIs etc ie speed .

Lastly , mainstream corporate culture will not do business with the BTC crypto anarchists . People like Roger Ver and Richard Heart etc who spend their time arguing like teenagers on YouTube.....mixing with conservative, blue chip, corporate types ? Or will they will do business with people who they recognise as kindred spirits ie fellow businessmen like Garlinghouse and Da Hong Fei.

From a personal political point of view I am more akin to the crypto anarchist community , but having studied every aspect of human history and civilisation I know that change has to come from within and without . XRP has a better chance of becoming the global currency and banking the poor than BTC and BCH imo.

Edited by XRPHornets

Why should anybody bother listening to a fraud who's set up an account on the back of the reputation of a past member?

You're not the original Max! The style, tone, and candour of your posts is entirely different. 

Basically just another run-of-the-mill FUDster.