MaxEntropy

Ripple's Market Cap... needs to move to #1

Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and the space, in general, is consolidating around lower prices... maybe much lower. This will change some time this year (and move higher, maybe to $50,000 BTC), but by that time the network characteristics of these same networks will be entering the same space that Ripple has enjoyed for many years... and which Ripple HAS NOT benefited from.

Ripple is going to lose the following:

• its transaction processing advantage of 1,500 TX per second... (BTC and BCH will will kill Ripple's performance advantage)
  • its transaction processing elapsed time of 3-4 seconds and 1 second (depending on the algorithm used)
  • its transaction cost/fee advantage

The only remaining competitive advantage that the Ripple Network will have will be:

• no mining... (if Ripple thinks they are being ignored by the crypto space now... wait until they lose the performance advantage)

--

Ripple needs to MOVE TO THE FOREFRONT... in any way it can and soon.

My sense is that the only way that the 'forefront' is definable for Ripple will be move the value of XRP market capitalization to #1. I follow the 'news' across the crypto space closely, and the only thing that is common/consistent, is that everyone refuses to cite Ripple as a contender. Again... I assert that this 'invisible corporate persona' has been established by Ripple's executive row, but this is historic and can not be fixed.

My/this point of view has been consistent for the past year... in 2017, I stated that Ripple would have make visible its accomplishments in 2018. The time is now, while the Bitcoins and Ethereum are low... Ripple needs to move to the forefront, in terms of:

1. market capitalization... achieving this would ensure that the crypto space could not avoid citing Ripple technology
  2. corporate adoption... Bernanke and Berners-Lee are long gone... corporates must starting using the Ripple Networks, so that case studies can be generated
  3. global partners that matter... it is not sufficient to trot out the mythical list of 100 banks as partners. Ripple needs serious global technology partners such as, IBM, MS, or Google (not Yahoo)

Time is fleeting...

:-)

The pilots are all paid for bought with XRP. Like a door to door salesman saying "Try out product we will announce you are trying our product oh and here is a some cash btw for your time!" 

Until there is actual usage the pilots mean crap! 

XRP is a huge line of credit for Ripple and nothing more they use it to fund whatever it is their heart desires. #7 in volume ...................people aren't too hyped about Ripple. The good thing is it isn't dropping much :) 

52 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and the space, in general, is consolidating around lower prices... maybe much lower. This will change some time this year (and move higher, maybe to $50,000 BTC), but by that time the network characteristics of these same networks will be entering the same space that Ripple has enjoyed for many years... and which Ripple HAS NOT benefited from.

• its transaction processing advantage of 1,500 TX per second... (BTC and BCH will will kill Ripple's performance advantage)
  • its transaction processing elapsed time of 3-4 seconds and 1 second (depending on the algorithm used)

The only remaining competitive advantage that the Ripple Network will have will be:

• no mining... (if Ripple thinks they are being ignored by the crypto space now... wait until they lose the performance advantage)

--

My sense is that the only way that the 'forefront' is definable for Ripple will be move the value of XRP market capitalization to #1. I follow the 'news' across the crypto space closely, and the only thing that is common/consistent, is that everyone refuses to cite Ripple as a contender. Again... I assert that this 'invisible corporate persona' has been established by Ripple's executive row, but this is historic and can not be fixed.

My/this point of view has been consistent for the past year... in 2017, I stated that Ripple would have make visible its accomplishments in 2018. The time is now, while the Bitcoins and Ethereum are low... Ripple needs to move to the forefront, in terms of:

1. market capitalization... achieving this would ensure that the crypto space could not avoid citing Ripple technology
  2. corporate adoption... Bernanke and Berners-Lee are long gone... corporates must starting using the Ripple Networks, so that case studies can be generated
  3. global partners that matter... it is not sufficient to trot out the mythical list of 100 banks as partners. Ripple needs serious global technology partners such as, IBM, MS, or Google (not Yahoo)

Time is fleeting...

Despite the preconceived opinions in here, you raise some valid points. However, and that's a big however, you also miss many points. Here just two:

You forgot the "centralized" top-shot Ripple management team and regulation-friendliness, which are a bit of an outsider phenomenon in crypto space, but in the end huge advantages.

Edited by panmores

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

--

Time is fleeting...

You’re on the wrong thread

@panmores

The only thing that matters in the crypto space for corporations is:

• tx price, and
  • performance
  • liquidity

The network that reaches critical mass with these characteristics... wins.

Only the early adopters of crypto care about 'de-centralization'... everyone one else just wants the functionality. Ripple needs to distinguish itself in the near future. Management in corporations are fickle, they will not recommend solutions that could be deemed acquaint when it comes to performance.

BCH and Bitcoin are in 2018, presenting network performances characteristics that will cause corporations to re-do their internal due diligence.

1 hour ago, jasil said:

The pilots are all paid for bought with XRP. Like a door to door salesman saying "Try out product we will announce you are trying our product oh and here is a some cash btw for your time!" 

Until there is actual usage the pilots mean crap! 

XRP is a huge line of credit for Ripple and nothing more they use it to fund whatever it is their heart desires. #7 in volume ...................people aren't too hyped about Ripple. The good thing is it isn't dropping much :) 

Agreed.  The hype is done with Ripple.  I don't care who they line up or what they say they are doing or testing or piloting or what have you.  Unless something HUGE happens, I see $1.00 max and that's about it.  Looking back, can't believe I hit when it hit $3.00.  But, I bought some the other day at .48 so.  Hopefully I see that $1.00.  haha.

BTC and BCH have no face.  ETH's face is nothing short of heroin addict.  XRP's face is the man himself.

That alone gets him in doors where others can only hope to enter.  

Technology?  No comparison.  Is someone forgetting to admit what Ripple is working on?  C_____.

We have the best product and it's only gonna get better.

brad-garlinghouse-760x400.jpg

FUD FUD FUD, Ripple will take 1st place, its just a matter of time before mass adoption takes place, Ripple have the sales, the marketing, the trust, the market and the concept so its a clear winner in my books, so my friends who FUD FUD FUD, keep FUDDING as its quite entertaining :)

Come on!! Not one crypto asset group has done what the Ripple team has in the last 18 months.

Take Stellar, for example, all they have done in the same time is announce a partnership with IBM. The rest is excitement for meaningless ICOs and fairX . And even with subpar progress from that team  no one is writing alarming posts such as this. 

I think Ripple is way ahead of any other team in regards of partnerships, infrastructure building and real usage at the moment. Do not panic!

Edited by Harfang

1 hour ago, Trader-to-the-Crown said:

This is FUD. This is a very narrow view of XRP's advantages over other coins. You really think all XRP has going for it is the transaction speed (edit: and cost)? No mentions of its security advantages? Instant consensus that has allowed Ripple 32+ million transactions with not even 1 error? Not to mention it will be the most decentralized asset by years end...

Edit: Also the XRP Ledger wont allow wallets to get spammed with ICOs without express permission through setting up trust lines. Another security advantage. Banks, governments, FIs arent going to want that clutter.

Edit: and the escrow is another advantage. Also if xPool ends up being a loan system you can gain interest on XRP with... I mean the list goes on and on...

I will however agree that Ripple could not be ignored if it grabbed the #1 spot.

How is it FUD. Ripple repeatedly outline those very same things as their competitive advantages. They focus on them, as they are the most salient advantages and the immediately realizable ones. 

If they did lose these advantages, that is a serious issue. So yes, time is fleeting. That is not FUD. That is a fact of life.