Trust Line is not getting removed

I just tried to remove a trust line in gatehub by clicking the x button next to it on the balance tab.

It confirmed that it was removed but the balance tab still shows it . Limit is set to 0 and in and out is set to 0 too

Don't think that is normal ?

Edited by XRPisthefuture
27 minutes ago, XRPisthefuture said:

I just tried to remove a trust line in gatehub by clicking the x button next to it on the balance tab.

It confirmed that it was removed but the balance tab still shows it . Limit is set to 0 and in and out is set to 0 too

Don't think that is normal ?

Yeah, I think I've read it somewhere before that you can't remove trust lines, but you can set them to zero which essentially disables it in a way, right?

Maybe because trustline info is written to the ledger and once written I suppose it's easier to set the value to 0 than to try to "erase" something from an immutable ledger... The former is likely a safer route to take I suppose security-wise, but again I'm just purely guessing... I'm sure somebody that's messed around with trust lines in this forum can answer definitively, or even just searching the forums will give you a definitive answer.

Removing trust lines can be a little confusing. Sometimes it's out of your control, because if someone else opens a trust line to you or modifies the settings on their side of your trust line to them, the trust line object will stick around and still show up. You don't have to pay the owner reserve for it as long as your side is:

• Your limit is 0
  • Your balance is 0 (or negative, meaning you've issued to them, which would be unusual)
  • All the settings are default: you haven't frozen it, you haven't enabled¹ rippling, you haven't changed the quality settings

When both sides meet this criteria, the trust line gets automatically deleted. Usually, gateways don't do anything to change trust lines out of the default state, so if you opened the trust line to a gateway, you can probably get rid of it just by setting the limit to 0 and spending your balance.

¹The "default" setting for rippling depends on your account's DefaultRipple value. Normally "DefaultRipple" is off so the "NoRipple" flag's default state is on. If you flip DefaultRipple, then "rippling enabled" is the default setting for your trust lines.