JoelQuinn

Apple Pay arrives in Brazil

https://www.bankingtech.com/2018/04/apple-pay-arrives-in-brazil/

Apple Pay’s relentless advance continues with its launch in Brazil via an exclusive partnership with Itaú Unibanco, Latin America’s largest banking group.

I can almost feel a Ripple...

Edited by JoelQuinn

8 minutes ago, JoelQuinn said:

Apple Pay’s relentless advance continues with its launch in Brazil via an exclusive partnership with Itaú Unibanco, Latin America’s largest banking group.

Ahh with Itau Unibanco, which was announced as a partner and an xCurrent user as of Feb 2018!

Okay... I'm as skeptical as most people, but at this point... that has to be influenced by Ripple... right? There's a reason that a month and a half after Ripple starts working with Itaú Unibanco, Apple adds ILP to its protocol and begins an exclusive partnership with that bank to service Brazil -- a country that Apple heretofore hasn't seen reason to expand into. We are witnessing the discreet formation of a worldwide network that's being kept under wraps until it's ready for public consumption. Apple Pay, Alipay, Moneygram, Western Union, Mastercard Send... it sounds too good to be true. Maybe it is. But maybe there's no other explanation.

54 minutes ago, JoelQuinn said:

Neither Itaú Unibanco nor Apple Pay use xrapid. Itau uses xcurrent as someone above me stated before. I’m not sure I see the connection here. 

23 minutes ago, Tronsucks said:

Neither Itaú Unibanco nor Apple Pay use xrapid. Itau uses xcurrent as someone above me stated before. I’m not sure I see the connection here. 

you are new and dont understand Ripple and what they are doing.

1st they get into the door using xcurrent and save a company 30% then they say hey why dont you try xrapid we will save you 60%

these are the steps to success and Ripple is killing it!

4 minutes ago, mm34505 said:

1st they get into the door using xcurrent and save a company 30% then they say hey why dont you try xrapid we will save you 60%

Something about the way you phrased that reminded me of "Turbo Buttons" on old computer chassis.  The first time I saw one of those, I ran a couple of processes with it OFF, then ran a couple with it ON - then turned it back OFF to make sure I wasn't imagining things - then turned it ON, smiled, and never thought about it again.  It certainly beat doing surgery to set a pin!

:D

1 hour ago, NightJanitor said:

reminded me of "Turbo Buttons" on old computer chassis. 

The Turbo button was actually a go slow button.  A marketing ploy.   That button could get the processor to slow down.....  it couldn't get it to go faster.  So the native speed of the processor was what you got with turbo button 'On'.  When Turbo was off it activated the go slower mode.

Eventually left behind as people caught on to it.   Sorry to all for the digression....   it was just one of those things that always amazed me....   :) 

18 hours ago, mm34505 said:

you are new and dont understand Ripple and what they are doing.

these are the steps to success and Ripple is killing it!

?? I’m new on this message board so I don’t understand Ripple or what they’re doing? Nice try bud. The post was about trying to make a speculative connection of Apple Pay using xrp because a bank they’re partnered with uses xcurrent. This is grasping at straws of hope. I don’t see the connection between the bank using xcurrent and then because of the bank partnering with Apple Pay to get Apple Pay into Brazil meaning that Apple Pay is going to change their credit card payment system to xrapid. You see how there’s really no connection whatsoever here? Apple Pay needs a bank in Brazil to make deposits and transactions in Brazil. Also if Apple was considering Ripple then I doubt they would need to partner with a bank in Brazil using xcurrent in order to do so. You see how two and two don’t really come together here?