Jump to content
Foolaman

Bearableguy123 Thread

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

I have a foot on each side of the line here. One side says yeah you're probably right, the other side says maybe you're wrong. So my only honest answer is "I don't know what the future holds". 

I can remember though when emails were not trusted. Identities were lost over the internet and we were not to tell anyone who we are. No business was going to send confidential documentation over the internet. now, 100% of our business is via email or ftp, or other portals. Nothing is done on paper anymore. It reminds me of the whole idea of lean manufacturing and how we have to give up control to the old ways, try and embrace the new ways, to constantly find improvement and increased profits. The newspapers failed to roll over and embrace the internet and now I can't tell you the last time I had ink stains on my fingers while reading the WSJ on a saturday morning with my coffee. 

You could 100% be right, you could be wrong. I honestly dont know. I see arguments to both sides. 

I mean in the '90s nobody trusted Amazon.com with their credit card, but now we all bank online.

In the '90s you DID NOT GIVE OUT YOUR PERSONAL INFO ONLINE and now we have facebook, etc not to mention TINDER. we really went the opposite direction there, didn't we? I tend to think that the unthinkable will pass more often than it won't these days. 

Agreed on most points.  And trust me, I sincerely hope I'm wrong.  I've been invested in AMZN (and others) since day 1, and I'm smart enough to know blockchain is here to stay and has the potential to be as big as the Internet.  Let's just hope XRP becomes an AMZN and not a pets.com.  Also, e-mails still can't be trusted (reference Hillary).  Newspapers died, the Internet rules, blockchain is the future.  I've lost money purchasing items on Amazon, due to merchandise never arriving, and being unable to get reimbursed, but I've made a sh!t-ton of money on the stock.  Still don't give out your personal info online, if at all avoidable, just like my real name isn't "Bury My C0ck in you."  Yes we have FB, which I've also made a killing on the stock, but they kind of dropped the ball over the past few months, proving nothing is still 100% secure/safe, even though it ultimately didn't affect the stock in the long run.

The kind of "control" I speak of in regard to banks is completely different.  And again, I hope I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Loki said:

Isn't it more about banks wanting to keep and protect their profits though? 

 

 

I really don't know. The invisible hand is a very real thing and we can see this in real life in the media outlets and retail. Retail did a very very poor job of moving over to online early when Amazon took off. Now for the past few years retailers have been closing up stores like crazy. Malls across America are having to reinvent themselves to find ways to bring people in because so many people prefer to buy online vs fighting crowds and parking lots. but in the 90s, nobody felt safe with a credit card online.

The same is true not only with news papers, but traditional tv and radio media as well. We are watching them fight hard to retain viewership among a new industry filled with Youtube, Hulu, Netflix, etc.  You can get a lot of your premium channels a la carte now via amazon. I don't even have to have cable tv anymore as long as I have internet cause I can order specific channels I want directly from amazon and just stream them.

I think banking and finance could end up similar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BarryMcHockenue said:

Agreed on most points.  And trust me, I sincerely hope I'm wrong.  I've been invested in AMZN (and others) since day 1, and I'm smart enough to know blockchain is here to stay and has the potential to be as big as the Internet.  Let's just hope XRP becomes an AMZN and not a pets.com.  Also, e-mails still can't be trusted (reference Hillary).  Newspapers died, the Internet rules, blockchain is the future.  I've lost money purchasing items on Amazon, due to merchandise never arriving, and being unable to get reimbursed, but I've made a sh!t-ton of money on the stock.  Still don't give out your personal info online, if at all avoidable, just like my real name isn't "Bury My C0ck in you."  Yes we have FB, which I've also made a killing on the stock, but they kind of dropped the ball over the past few months, proving nothing is still 100% secure/safe, even though it ultimately didn't affect the stock in the long run.

The kind of "control" I speak of in regard to banks is completely different.  And again, I hope I'm wrong.

holy crap I just got the meaning of your name and I'm dying laughing. I'm going to steal that. LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, ImTheRippler said:

I would set the wager within 3 years at most US banks will use XRP in their capital flows. We can do 3 years from today if you want! This will be a fun bet since by the time its settled XRP will be worth a lot more than $0.45! LOL

Okay.  3 years from this date.  We will count the total number of US banks and assume that by "most" you mean 51% or greater (giving you the benefit of the doubt here).  I accept this bet, and yes it will be fun to look forward to.  Caveat, if you're not aware of my health conditions, there's a chance I might not be alive 3 years from now, but if I am, and I lose the bet, I will pay.  ☮️

Edit: Just noticed you said "within 3 years at most," not "most US banks."  I originally read it out of context.  Either way, there needs to be some % put into play here.  Like within 3 years US banks will use XRP, could technically mean 2 banks, in which case I probably wouldn't take the bet.

Edited by BarryMcHockenue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BarryMcHockenue said:

Okay.  3 years from this date.  We will count the total number of US banks and assume that by "most" you mean 51% or greater (giving you the benefit of the doubt here).  I accept this bet, and yes it will be fun to look forward to.  Caveat, if you're not aware of my health conditions, there's a chance I might not be alive 3 years from now, but if I am, and I lose the bet, I will pay.  ☮️

What I said was within 3 years at most, US banks WILL use XRP in their capital flows, I gave no percentage (no need to get complicated).  

You said US banks WON'T adopt XRP.

 

Lets keep it simple and set the cutoff date EOY 2020, even sooner.

 

Edit: Somebody should help set us up a Codius contract with escrow! Would that even work? haha it would be cool.

Edited by ImTheRippler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loki said:

Isn't it more about banks wanting to keep and protect their profits though? 

Yes all businesses try to keep, protect, and grow their profits. However, Banks mainly profit off of loans, especially commercial loans. 

Yes the few at the top profit off of the smaller banks having to utilize them for crossborder transfers but they are not the "majority". The smaller financial institutions are and if they change, the larger banks will still enjoy profits, just not from this angle. 

New opportunities for profits would be opened up by the utilization of xRapid by banks and corporates. Just think of all of the new money that would flow into the major financial institutions if large businesses unlock billions in capital that is currently stuck. 

Everything will come around full circle and the lost profit potential the big banks endure with this new financial system will be mitigated and even made non-existent due to the new avenues for profit that will open up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FixnUrPowerline said:

Yes all businesses try to keep, protect, and grow their profits. However, Banks mainly profit off of loans, especially commercial loans. 

Yes the few at the top profit off of the smaller banks having to utilize them for crossborder transfers but they are not the "majority". The smaller financial institutions are and if they change, the larger banks will still enjoy profits, just not from this angle. 

New opportunities for profits would be opened up by the utilization of xRapid by banks and corporates. Just think of all of the new money that would flow into the major financial institutions if large businesses unlock billions in capital that is currently stuck and utilize it for growth (construction, expansion, more employees, more business ventures, etc..)

Everything will come around full circle and the lost profit potential the big banks endure with this new financial system will be mitigated and even made non-existent due to the new avenues for profit that will open up. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RegalChicken said:

In the '90s you DID NOT GIVE OUT YOUR PERSONAL INFO ONLINE and now we have facebook, etc not to mention TINDER. we really went the opposite direction there, didn't we?

We? Do you have stories you wish to share with the group Chicken?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BarryMcHockenue said:

Anyone on the forum whom has ever read anything I've posted knows I'm long XRP, and I DEFINITELY think Ripple the company has a future, and for the most part the best way to participate in that possible future success is by buying XRP.  I've also said on numerous occasions that banks WILL NOT adopt - US banks for almost certain, globally (other's), we'll see.  Look, I'm on the XRP bandwagon too, but there are so many users on this forum that while incredibly intelligent, just don't completely understand how banks work/think/operate.  For the umpteenth time I say again, it all boils down to control.  They will own what they choose to own, and try to destroy the rest.  Banking-wise (at least as far as US banks are concerned), the best case scenario I can see is a bank buying "Ripple," which who knows what that will do to those of us whom own XRP.  I believe there are other use cases as well, along with agreeably the best, most talented group of employees in the sector.  There simply HAS TO be some sort of future with a positive outcome, hence why I'm invested.  I just still don't see the bank thing happening.

The world is bigger than the USA my friend. Much bigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BarryMcHockenue said:

 Still don't give out your personal info online, if at all avoidable, just like my real name isn't "Bury My C0ck in you."  

That’s so crazy. I’m so naive, I thought your name was infering ‘Barry McHocke knew’! As in you knew XRP would moon. Or at least leave the stratosphere. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tribble said:

We? Do you have stories you wish to share with the group Chicken?

na, I prefer to meet women the old fashioned way. I've never been on Tinder. 

19 minutes ago, xrp-pat said:

The world is bigger than the USA my friend. Much bigger.

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, xrp-pat said:

The world is bigger than the USA my friend. Much bigger.

This.. 🖕 when Ripple refer to "cross boarder payments" i dont think they mean state lines in the US of A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, josepi90 said:

This.. 🖕 when Ripple refer to "cross boarder payments" i dont think they mean state lines in the US of A

Is that supposed to be a finger pointing up or you giving us the finger 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×