Interview with Cory Johnson by Adam Johnson

Great interview. Learnt a few things about xvia here. Funny how he also more or less confirms ripple's desire that xrp becomes the global currency.

Also: at  29:40 he mentions that ripple is signing up a bank a week, which is going live, using xcurrent OR xrapid...now I've heard of them signing up a bank a week for a while now, but I had assumed they were all xcurrent... 

6 minutes ago, MatinMontreal said:

Really nice discussion on xVia.  I have a whole new appreciation of how massive XRP will be for corporates.

My First post...

Agree, i hadn't quite grasped what Xvia was until this interview bit more clear now.

3 minutes ago, LiquidGoat said:

My First post...

Agree, i hadn't quite grasped what Xvia was until this interview bit more clear now.

Cory's good.  He has a very accessible style of speaking and an easy way of explaining this to the layperson.  

1 hour ago, invest2lose said:

will xvia usage cause price to go up?

Not necessarily, as it is just an API connector for corporates/business. It is similar to xCurrent in that it does not require the use of XRP. The only price increase for XRP regarding the use of xVia by corporates would be speculative/short-lived at best. I say that because, well, just look at xCurrent's adoption rate. I mean 100+ banks, central banks, etc who are either using or trialing out the tech and look at the price of XRP. Like xCurrent, xVia will serve as the segway into xRapid/XRP usage by banks, CBs, and FIs, in the long run, building this Internet-of-Value (IoV) global financial foundation/rails via Ripple's blockchain technology.  The primary reasons we have yet to see mainstream adoption and usage of XRP/xRapid among banks/FIs is that the crypto market lacks institutional-grade hedging, custody instruments, and a defined regulatory framework to help them mitigate risk associated with the volatility.   Miguel Vias, Head of XRP Markets at Ripple, offered some insights as to Ripple's plans for its XRP holdings for 2018 in the 2017 Q4 XRP Markets Report (last paragraph): "While customers can use XRP for on-demand liquidity through xRapid, we want to build the necessary market infrastructure for eventual direct usage of XRP by financial institutions. In Q1, we'll begin work towards the launch of institutional hedging instruments and custody solutions. Both of these market components are important to institutional adoption and thus are important components of our 2018 roadmap." Once these hindrances are dealt with is when we will see the manifestation of XRP's true valuation.

8 hours ago, King34Maine said:

I mean 100+ banks, central banks, etc who are either using or trialing out the tech and look at the price of XRP. 

XRP is still in Beta don't forget. Hasn't gone live yet in full production environment.

9 minutes ago, xrp-pat said:

xCurrent won't have any bearing on XRP price, but I'm sure you know that :)

How does xCurrent not have ''bearing'' on XRP price long term. This is kind of short sighted.

1 hour ago, Gepster said:

How does xCurrent not have ''bearing'' on XRP price long term. This is kind of short sighted.

Because it doesn't use xrp. I never said long term though, you're putting words in my mouth. No one knows long term. 

Edited by xrp-pat