• Advertisement

Ripple Desktop Wallet - Community Translation

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone, As many of you know I work at Rippex and we offer a desktop wallet that was developed by Ripple and updated by us. This is a long term project for us and we would like to keep it

This is great, 8 languages ready!

I would like to say that we are very happy to see the support you guys have been giving to the wallet. We would release an english version last week but we decided to wait and see if we can add s

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, OlivierA said:

"ondulato" like "ondulation" in French is the word for word translation but doesn't really mean anything...like I said if you use "ripple effect" which is what happens if you allow rippling is for me a better start point to translate

In portuguese I left "rippling", just like I wont translate "ripple".

It is meant for advanced users, so we made available more info about that in our help center (still only portuguese), but it may be sensible to keep the term unstranslated for the languages that use latin alphabet.

Ripple effect can be translate in "effetto a catena" )chain effect, but i do not know if it is in context.

Could you please check this out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltatory_conduction

can you find some analogies in the mechanisism of how the neuronic signal is transmittet with the terms rippling? if yes the term could be " Meccanismo Saltatorio" (but it sounds strange.. too geecky, not so friendly). 

If Not You could just Write : "Consenti il Rippling"

or we could also write "consenti il "Ripplaggio" just created an italian made-up translation for Rippling :D. It sounds good to me

Edited by Guest
11 hours ago, winthan said:

"Rippling" is hard for translating into any languages. can we use sometime which layman can understand?

Don't know about other languages. But in Thai, English words are used a lot.

Like the thai word for mouse is noo, but the thai word for a computer mouse is just mouse.

So for nonsense words like rippling I will just use rippling.

1 hour ago, RafOlP said:

In portuguese I left "rippling", just like I wont translate "ripple".

"Ripple" is the name of the company so it should not be translated, I agree. "Rippling" is an action you can turn on/off, since it's a word and not an entity, I think we should translate it to our best knowledge.

29 minutes ago, RafOlP said:

I would go that way for latin alphabets.

yes this is what i did, but i was looking for a better way, btw a lot of the phrase are really weird.. the only way is try the wallet, so let's do the best we can now and later test...

I would like to say that we are very happy to see the support you guys have been giving to the wallet. :)

We would release an english version last week but we decided to wait and see if we can add some languages in this release.

There are some strings missing in the translation project, I will update it next week, and we count on you for a final sprint !

Some things we have already done:

• Added an embedded chart to the trading page
  • Updated the gateways list (gateway operators and community please review it here if you want your gateway properly listed)
  • Fixed gateways labels when adding/choosing trading pairs
  • Fixed a bug in the history page that wasn't able to parse some txs
  • Fixed the icon image (it was the awful nw logo)
  • Updated the links on the footer
  • Created windows installers

Thanks to @yxxyun for keeping other versions of the wallet

Edited by RafOlP

A heads up.

Everyone is doing a great job and helping the ripple community by translating messages.

Unfortunately there are more issues to get localization right than we expected so it will take more time, so we released a new english-only version with some bug fixes. Check it here.

Please keep translating it, we will keep the messages up to date.

Cheers

On 31/10/2016 at 1:08 PM, Graine said:

@RafOlP did you make any changes to English strings? If yes, how do we know what to change, seeing that the onesky app displays the progress on overal lines translated only. 

No I didn't. If I do, you will see new untranslated strings, and the progress lines won't be complete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I am using the The Ripple Desktop Wallet 1.4.1 and I notice that when I go to send XRP from Gatehub, after I enter the amount and hit next, I get this message on the next page

Unknown Wallet
----------------------------------- my wallet address
Are you sure? Receiving wallet does NOT belong to you.

Is there a way I can enter in this wallet's address on Gatehub, so It doesn't come up with this message?

Tnx

Pete