• Advertisement

Ripple Desktop Wallet - Community Translation

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone, As many of you know I work at Rippex and we offer a desktop wallet that was developed by Ripple and updated by us. This is a long term project for us and we would like to keep it

This is great, 8 languages ready!

I would like to say that we are very happy to see the support you guys have been giving to the wallet. We would release an english version last week but we decided to wait and see if we can add s

Posted Images

9 hours ago, OlivierA said:

Would you also like suggestion, bug reports, etc. I use your desktop app a lot and find it very convenient. Since you are working on a new version, maybe you could start a  topic about it?

It is a good idea. I will do it later this week.

10 hours ago, Graine said:

@RafOlP Ok. I have left a bunch of comments under relevant stings. I had troubles with connection after a certain amount of them were left. I hope I dind't trigger any kind of spam prevention :). 

I would've been awesome if we could run two instances of the wallet with the ability to hook-up different language-packs. And to generate "one-click" these like subtitles on a group translation sites. But I guess fine-tuning would be left for your QA department. 

I have taken the privilledge to approve the translation I am sure of. And added some options where I had doubts. So far these have caught my eye:

1. "перевод" vs "конвертация", "аккаунт" "учетная запись"   should be chosen only one to maintain translation consistency. Your QA will most likely fix it during localization testing. 

2.  It's hard to make a conscise and easy to understand translation of "Rippling" " defaultRipple and other Ripple-unique terms. Might want to brainstorm some. 

3. Consistency in punctuation (omitted periods, comas etc). Another one for QA. 

Hopefully, I'll complete the remaining Russian by the day after tomorrow. Ukrainian one, though, might take up to a week. 

Great, that's awesome!

We are replying all comments on the project's page and we will look into the issues you mentioned. Thank you.

9 hours ago, OlivierA said:

I started the translation and it would really help to have the context, not only the word. I've put comments for different variation - French as so many words :-)

We may work on contextualizing the messages but that wont happen now, sorry. Please ask us anything you want and we will try to wash doubts out.

40 minutes ago, RafOlP said:

Yes, this word is challenging many translators. Each language should have a standard word for that.

In English it's a nonsense word as well, with just a meaning for those who have good understanding of that function within Ripple.
I have doubts that even here everyone understands what it means or stands for....

8 minutes ago, OlivierA said:

Try with "ripple effect" for "rippling"...the translation is easier

I think of it more in terms of 'spill over effect'. Imagine trustlines as  isolated plumbing systems, and IOUs flows in their respective tubes. Your wallet has isolated vessels for each IOU. If you like trust  any two drinks  equally, you don't mind if someone would pour you more drinkA for the amount of drinkB you have. 

1 hour ago, kanaas said:

In English it's a nonsense word as well, with just a meaning for those who have good understanding of that function within Ripple.
I have doubts that even here everyone understands what it means or stands for....

That's a good point. Maybe Rippling doesn't need a translation itself, but rather a translated definition that is easily accessible like with a mouse over or link. 

19 minutes ago, maxi83 said:

the Italian one is almost done 98% ;) i will finish it tomorrow, btw... how you translate  " Rippling "

please dont tell me " Increspato" :D 

another word??

"Ondulato"?  To be more  precise  i would  need  the  entire  sentence  you  have  to translate 

Edited by Guest
5 minutes ago, MarioFle said:

"Ondulato"?  To be more  precise  i would  need  the  entire  sentence  you  have  to translate 

"ondulato" like "ondulation" in French is the word for word translation but doesn't really mean anything...like I said if you use "ripple effect" which is what happens if you allow rippling is for me a better start point to translate