Jump to content

Corner has turned ...


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bookworm said:

Sold close to 75% of position in Jan/Feb 2018 before drop ... back with top 1% holder of XRP with many more tokens.

 

Nice move!!. Well played and timed. I just strapt in and hold my breath for months as my previous sells where to early (bitcoin 2014). Still with the 0.2% club so one day I will get my reward.

I also feel something is brewing!!!! I actually think Lendit next week is very big news.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You got here before Jasil the Volume Cat. What happened? Is he sick? 

Sold close to 75% of position in Jan/Feb 2018 before drop ... back with top 1% holder of XRP with many more tokens.  

In recent months, all cryptos were largely affected by Bitcoin that was gravely impacted by new regulations, capital gain taxes, country bans, cryptocurrency exchange push back, ICOs treated as securi

Posted Images

3 hours ago, bookworm said:

At last, it appears like we’re near the bottom.  While many may prefer a lower price of $0.20 or $0.006 as seen in 2017, I think this is unlikely given the turn in sentiment.

Hence, I am fully invested back into XRP.

Do you think we are about to decouple from bitcoin, or not? Because if not, most of the traders and TA I follow suggest a further decline in price to around 5000-6000 levels for BTC, in which case we still have room to fall to the 20-30 cents range.

i don’t think we have much time to go, maybe a few weeks before BTC bottoms, but I think it’s too soon to call that bottom yet.

obviously I hope like hell youre right and hopefully we decouple but beyond the positivity of the tin foil hat brigade (a lot of which I don’t actually understand) I don’t see what fundamental news coming out in the next few days is gonna make us moon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, automatic said:

I think that you are onto something.  News is no longer getting kinda-sorts better, it is getting exponentially better; 

Yes, but then we get RBI'd out of nowhere. I'm not sure you realize how destructive their "ring-fencing" clause is, but it hurts XRP the most of all cryptos as the roadmap relies so heavily on institutional buy-in.

Let's hope other central banks don't "follow the leader" on that disastrous piece of work.

Edited by corak
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, corak said:

Yes, but then we get RBI'd out of nowhere. I'm not sure you realize how destructive their "ring-fencing" clause is, but it hurts XRP the most of all cryptos as the roadmap relies so heavily on institutional buy-in.

Let's hope other central banks don't "follow the leader" on that disastrous piece of work.

Pakistan already has:  http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/south-asia/article/2140715/bitcoin-suffers-another-blow-india-and-pakistan-ban-banks-any

Still, I can't quite explain it but I don't find the news particularly troubling.  RBI's announcement was somewhat contradictory as they first highlighted potential future utility of blockchain technologies and then promptly moved on to prohibiting banks from working with cryptocurrency assets or companies providing related services.  The two paragraphs were either written by two different individuals and no one bothered to reconcile the position prior to publishing, or RBI's position is in fact contradictory - no crypto's for individuals, but the door is left open for CB use. 

It is hard to tell exactly what the respective CB motivations are with the aforementioned statements, but my impression was that it was a punt rather than a squash.  Halt CCs for now, and revisit later once someone else figures it out first.  Probably doesn't much matter as neither India nor Pakistan are the leaders in this space;  innovation is going to come out of SK, Japan, SE Asia and Europe.

It is a shame as both countries could have benefited by embracing the technology early, but at the same time perhaps their current political climate is such that preventing unmonitored money flows and/or influx of rogue currencies takes precedence.  I believe they'll come around in time, except once they do they will find themselves far behind the pack once again.  It will be interesting to see how many other developing countries in similar predicament decide to follow their lead.  I'll bet you that there will be others, and I'll also bet you that they all find themselves equally as far behind in 20 years from now. 

That is one thing that I find most surprising;  the pecking order of the future world economy is being established as we speak, and right off the bat some players prefer to be in the back of the line.  It literally makes no sense.

Well, except from one angle.. ..and that angle is "control".

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, automatic said:

Pakistan already has:  http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/south-asia/article/2140715/bitcoin-suffers-another-blow-india-and-pakistan-ban-banks-any

Still, I can't quite explain it but I don't find the news particularly troubling.  RBI's announcement was somewhat contradictory as they first highlighted potential future utility of blockchain technologies and then promptly moved on to prohibiting banks from working with cryptocurrency assets or companies providing related services.  The two paragraphs were either written by two different individuals and no one bothered to reconcile the position prior to publishing, or RBI's position is in fact contradictory - no crypto's for individuals, but the door is left open for CB use. 

It is hard to tell exactly what the respective CB motivations are with the aforementioned statements, but my impression was that it was a punt rather than a squash.  Halt CCs for now, and revisit later once someone else figures it out first.  Probably doesn't much matter as neither India nor Pakistan are the leaders in this space;  innovation is going to come out of SK, Japan, SE Asia and Europe.

It is a shame as both countries could have benefited by embracing the technology early, but at the same time perhaps their current political climate is such that preventing unmonitored money flows and/or influx of rogue currencies takes precedence.  I believe they'll come around in time, except once they do they will find themselves far behind the pack once again.  It will be interesting to see how many other developing countries in similar predicament decide to follow their lead.  I'll bet you that there will be others, and I'll also bet you that they all find themselves equally as far behind in 20 years from now. 

That is one thing that I find most surprising;  the pecking order of the future world economy is being established as we speak, and right off the bat some players prefer to be in the back of the line.  It literally makes no sense.

Well, except from one angle.. ..and that angle is "control".

Being of Pakistani descent I cannot be labelled as racist for saying Pakistan and innovation of any sort tend to go in opposite directions. 

Political corruption, tribalism, nepotism, increasing fundamentalism, poverty and lack of public services, do not allow for much or any progress. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bookworm said:

At last, it appears like we’re near the bottom.  While many may prefer a lower price of $0.20 or $0.006 as seen in 2017, I think this is unlikely given the turn in sentiment.

Hence, I am fully invested back into XRP.

Wise to do what you did.  I did a bit of the same with less percentage taken out of XRP, but still holding fiat as it doesn't seem like this is the bottom.  It could be, but there is definitely a lot of factors that could pull the price further down.  Hope not, but there is no serious confirmation of a price reversal yet.  Having said that, I have bought a portion at the current price levels and playing both sides of this currently.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In recent months, all cryptos were largely affected by Bitcoin that was gravely impacted by new regulations, capital gain taxes, country bans, cryptocurrency exchange push back, ICOs treated as securities, ICOs disallowed on social media networks like Facebook/Twitter/Google, expiry of BTC futures, MtGox liquidation of BTC holdings for creditors, etc.  The list of negative news culminated in one of the sharpest drops in crypto prices and negative sentiment since the Jan highs ...

Oddly, there will come a time when this sentiment reverses course for a token with much more future prospects. A token working with laws/regulations to ensure AML/ATF compliant, a token with a currency compliant with ISO 4217 (not security) and Bit license in NY, a token with wide adoption by central banks, international banks/FIs and deep partnerships with money changers and MNCs.  A token that actually solves a real and expensive problem in the global settlement of cross border payments with exorbitant fees rendering micropayment impossible. A token with live use cases with many companies hiding the Ripple engine with NDAs given their keen competitive edge ...

With every weekly positive news/event, XRP continued its fall from grace (ATH in Jan) given crypto correlation and impact from big brother, BTC.  This contagion effect will eventually decouple once flippening occurs as investors better understand Ripple and its native token, XRP.  In recent weeks, many investors may have missed the BIG news that ILP will partner with Hyperledger that is a Linux driven project supported by Digital Assets Holdings (led by ex-JPM banker, Blythe Masters) and many other BIG corporations.  We also saw the Codius upgrade that will reduce transaction speeds from 3-4 seconds to around 1 second.  We also know that the Ripple exchange and blockchain ledger was built to facilitate exchanges of any widget (stamps, land titles, even bookworm tokens haha, etc) and now it appears that ICOs can soon be issued/traded on the Ripple network just like ERC20 ICO tokens on Ethereum.  Or possibly other user cases given the lightning speed, low cost and scalability of the Ripple network or consensus protocol.  We also saw the news from Ripple that they will only announce the number of partnerships once the next milestone occurs (ie, 200) given new arrangements bi/weekly.  Plus more positive news about listings on other exchanges to boost liquidity rather than playing ball with Coinbase/GDAX which may never happen any time soon.

Something has got to give when you have so many pieces of good news for Ripple, its management and its token while the overall sentiment is fading on cryptos in general. Surely, a symbolic $1 for XRP would be the initial eye awakening step for more Ripple enthusiasts to plough back into XRP.  Given entry point now with total crypto market cap of less than $300b, we will begin to see reemergence of the whale money managers, institutional investors and mega fund of funds which would include some of the heavy weights.  Surely, we'd like to bottom fish but an entry point now would likely pay dividends once XRP gains traction and decouples. You can thank me later ...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, too convenient on your dates.  If you were a True XRP Investor, you would never have sold 75% of your position in January 2018, knowing that the best is yet to come.  The top 1%, very unlikely that you would be on this message board.  You probably have more XRP than I do, maybe not, but having bought in at $0.18 there is no way I am selling under $100.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CryptoCrazyOne said:

Sorry, too convenient on your dates.  If you were a True XRP Investor, you would never have sold 75% of your position in January 2018, knowing that the best is yet to come.  The top 1%, very unlikely that you would be on this message board.  You probably have more XRP than I do, maybe not, but having bought in at $0.18 there is no way I am selling under $100.  

What is a "true" investor? I would say anyone who comes in and goes out with a profit has achieved their investment objective.

Lets not judge the trading strategies of anyone else. 

 

U5drXws42r5HnwJTp3ZbbJgStwc3uiu_1680x8400-300x295.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CryptoCrazyOne said:

If you were a True XRP Investor, you would never have sold 75% of your position in January 2018, knowing that the best is yet to come.

I suspect that any guys who bought in early 2017 got burned pretty badly by eight months of stagnation after the April moon and thus knew better than to just sit on their profits once xrp started mooning again.  Sounds like a smart move to me...

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.