xrpmommy

The Battle between Unilateralism and Multilateralism

Posts like this make me feel paranoid. :shock:

Are there state actors actively working behind the scenes to transition the global primary reserve currency from the dollar to a new global currency? 
Who else knows about this, and if we are all being manipulated, can we still benefit from a global currency?
Is the intended new global currency XRP, or something else I am ignorant about?  

:hunter:

That´s why last week I bought another 5k of our beloved XRP. 

Also check out the enclosed link: https://philosophyofmetrics.com/the-real-world-potential-of-ripple/  It already was postet on March 12, but it´s still worth a read..

I never in my life felt so sure about any investment I ´ve done so far. Even my wife is 100% with me on this :-)

Keep a weather eye on what happens with the petrodollar scam the US has been benefiting from for far too long.  With breathtakingly bad leadership calling the shots now, if the US lost this prize pig then a whole new ballgame could arise.

3 hours ago, Arized said:

Are there state actors actively working behind the scenes to transition the global primary reserve currency from the dollar to a new global currency? 
Who else knows about this, and if we are all being manipulated, can we still benefit from a global currency?

Could the CIA be behind this crypto currencies project. Just like they are behind Facebook and Google :)

4 hours ago, Arized said:

In my opinion a global currency would be a HUGE mistake that will usher in many many wars. 

4 hours ago, John_Buh said:

Keep a weather eye on what happens with the petrodollar scam the US has been benefiting from for far too long.  With breathtakingly bad leadership calling the shots now, if the US lost this prize pig then a whole new ballgame could arise.

I respectfully disagree with the bad leadership. China has been waging cyber warfare stealing military tech, boosting their own military, expanding into the Asian pasific ocean region, bullying Asian countries, backing an insane North Korean dictator. This is the only move to slow down their oppressive regime without wagging all out war. I can agree trump lacks tact and uses Twitter unpresidentially, but he may be the Churchill to the world’s chamberlains at the moment and force China to the table in a position of less power. China needs American markets far more than America needs Chinese markets.

A couple weeks ago I had suggested the trade war heating up between China and the USA might actually speed up the creation of Ripple partnerships and possible adoption of XRP usage in Chinese FI/Banking firms because of the need to counteract the tariff action.  The more businesses affected by tariffs, the more business the associated bank and payment providers will lose and they'll need a way to try and make up the difference in business with cost savings.  Cue Ripple and their sweet product portfolio to offer them that savings potential to keep profit trending upwards.

That being said the article is touching on an even bigger issue between China and USA.  I'm not sure China would ever use XRP as a hedge against the USD as it suggets, but it's interesting that Ripple did develop some partnerships in the metal exchange arena.  Again everyone is focused on banking and payments (and that's great), but the use-cases outside of that area are going to drive value equally well.  We just have to identify them first.

1 hour ago, Raz said:

but he may be the Churchill to the world’s chamberlains at the moment

As usual, Neville Chamberlain gets the same treatment.  Mention his name name you get some mumbling about 'appeasement'  -  did you know that Chamberlain campaigned furiously and at great political peril to divert funds to build the RAF - he could see what was coming.  Churchill would have been helpless if not for the groundwork Chamberlain laid.  I can't even comment on comparing Trump and Churchill - my brain's firewall instantly destroys those packets.

54 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

As usual, Neville Chamberlain gets the same treatment.  Mention his name name you get some mumbling about 'appeasement'  -  did you know that Chamberlain campaigned furiously and at great political peril to divert funds to build the RAF - he could see what was coming.  Churchill would have been helpless if not for the groundwork Chamberlain laid.  I can't even comment on comparing Trump and Churchill - my brain's firewall instantly destroys those packets.

I’m sure he built the RAF, didn’t know that. But building up your Air Force back then was defensive, not offensive, which further showed weakness. You build up your navy and army to go on the offensive, a position of strength. You also don’t entertain disarmament if you want to settle from a position of power. However, Churchill would have been in better shape if Neville didn’t allow Nazi germany to violate the treaty of Versailles all over the place and step back up to the settlement table in a position of weakness (remember that whole settlement “Munich pact” before the Czech fiasco?). Europe was in shambles, Spain had a revolution that the nazi’s perfected their war machine with and still nothing. France’s Maginot line fell, Austria annexed, Poland invaded, Belgium invaded, the British RAF kept in England, the Royal Navy struggling along with the spread of facism into Italy. But your point still stands, chamberlain did build up the Royal Air Force, which by the way couldn’t even repel the Nazis from crossing into British airspace. 

Trump knows if you don’t position yourself to be strong at the settlement table you get stretched.

There is enough trouble in every country because of politicians. I’m open to bad policies but trashing politicians with personal comments isn’t the way to discuss things. Nobody is perfect and I disagree with Trump in many things. 

Can we keep this civil and just discuss XRP and policies instead of throwing insults?

Edited by Raz