1 hour ago, jasil said:

.48 worth

You're conflating price and value.

.48 is price.  Price is usually short term especially for new assets and dictated by supply and demand which to a large extent at least in the current crypto world is driven by speculation.  I could be wrong, but the crypto investment community is probably mostly speculative at the moment.

Value on the other hand is a longer term concept and is derived from utility and the cost to replace said utility. So the long term view of ripple's value is the value derived from using it and the cost of other alternatives that provide the same features and benefits over time. Of course these are all moving targets and as time passes different alternatives appear and disappear from the landscape. e.g  Vinyl Records, Cassette tapes, VHS, Beta, CD, DVD, Blue Ray .  these technologies improve over time, but get supplanted by better and better alternatives that provide more (perceived) value. 

Perhaps we, who believe in ripple's long term may be grossly wrong, perhaps we're betting on the wrong horse (Re: Betamax instead of VHS) .. but that is the risk we assume when we invest... In this world, as it's always been quoted..there is no sure thing except death and taxes ..

Edited by richxrp

26 minutes ago, richxrp said:

You're conflating price and value.

.48 is price.  Price is usually short term especially for new assets and dictated by supply and demand which to a large extent at least in the current crypto world is driven by speculation.  I could be wrong, but the crypto investment community is probably mostly speculative at the moment.

Value on the other hand is a longer term concept and is derived from utility and the cost to replace said utility. So the long term view of ripple's value is the value derived from using it and the cost of other alternatives that provide the same features and benefits over time. Of course these are all moving targets and as time passes different alternatives appear and disappear from the landscape. e.g  Vinyl Records, Cassette tapes, VHS, Beta, CD, DVD, Blue Ray .  these technologies improve over time, but get supplanted by better and better alternatives that provide more (perceived) value. 

Perhaps we, who believe in ripple's long term may be grossly wrong, perhaps we're betting on the wrong horse (Re: Betamax instead of VHS) .. but that is the risk we assume when we invest... In this world, as it's always been quoted..there is no sure thing except death and taxes ..

I am a investor we can split hairs all we want argue metrics, jargon, verbiage, etc blah blah blah XRP is worth .48 maybe one day it is worth more. I wouldn't own any if I didn't think it would be, though I don't like how Ripple is treating it like a line of revolving credit just dumping, selling, and using it for easy cash.

Edited by jasil

5 minutes ago, jasil said:

I am a investor we can split hairs all we want argue metrics, jargon, verbiage, etc blah blah blah XRP is worth .48 maybe one day it is worth more. I wouldn't own any if I didn't think it would be though I don't like how Ripple is treating it like a line of revolving credit just dumping, selling, and using it for easy cash.

That wouldn't make sense anyway blockchain & digital currency goes together hand in hand.

6 minutes ago, Mr-MagicRipplehat said:

That wouldn't make sense anyway blockchain & digital currency goes together hand in hand.

Your posts doesn't makes sense. Ripple sells XRP and the more XRP that enters the market affects the price. If it is so precious and must rise in price to make the "magic" happen why do they keep selling it? If they thought it would hit $100 or $1000 why wouldn't they hold it? Like investors do?

Just now, jasil said:

Your posts doesn't makes sense. Ripple sells XRP and the more XRP that enters the market affects the price. If it is so precious and must rise in price to make the "magic" happen why do they keep selling it? If they thought it would hit $100 or $1000 why wouldn't they hold it? Like investors do?

I sadly agree with you. They should just hold onto their XRP, because volume and supply and demand sure as hell don't make the price go up..
Like investors daytrade, so will banks and FI buy and sell XRP on the market, so only the total amount of XRP on the market is what counts. They locked up 60B in escrow.
It states nowhere that the remaining XRP after 4 years will be put in the market back. 

2 minutes ago, jasil said:

it's meant to be used and their role is to foster adoption of use...it can't be adopted if they hoard it, and it won't realize it's potential, ultimately expressed in unit price for speculators (like me), until maximal adoption happens...i.e. they need to get it out there and moving as part of the process of having it adopted for use...they're creating an entire ecosystem outside the existing current crypto market, its a process and its early days...volume will come...or we'll all lose our $...

Just now, xrpmeplease said:

it's meant to be used and their role is to foster adoption of use...it can't be adopted if they hoard it, and it won't realize it's potential, ultimately expressed in unit price for speculators (like me), until maximal adoption happens...i.e. they need to get it out there and moving as part of the process of having it adopted for use...they're creating an entire ecosystem outside the existing current crypto market, its a process and its early days...volume will come...or we'll all lose our $...

You don't think 35 billion+ is enough? Bitcoin has how many MILLION AGAIN lol adoption just fine I think!

18 minutes ago, jasil said:

I am a investor we can split hairs all we want argue metrics, jargon, verbiage, etc blah blah blah XRP is worth .48 maybe one day it is worth more. I wouldn't own any if I didn't think it would be, though I don't like how Ripple is treating it like a line of revolving credit just dumping, selling, and using it for easy cash.

Understood.

My perspective is that the inside management knows what best. There's no way you or I can have the same perspective on what's best for the company in general and for XRP in particular. So all we can do is assume that ripple execs have the same end goal as all of us investors (to maximize the value of XRP over the long haul). From our perspective as investors, what doesn't make sense may make perfect sense from an internal perspective.  So maybe all we need to have is a bit of faith that all this will come to fruition with the understanding that there is a probability that this faith may be misplaced.

Just now, jasil said:

You don't think 35 billion+ is enough? Bitcoin has how many MILLION AGAIN lol adoption just fine I think!

I think my opinion, and yours for that matter, is irrelevant and that neither of us know enough about it all to have any kind of valuable opinions as to what real adoption will ultimately look like...if we knew all that, we wouldn't be here prattling on about it, that's for sure!

3 minutes ago, richxrp said:

Understood.

My perspective is that the inside management knows what best. There's no way you or I can have the same perspective on what's best for the company in general and for XRP in particular. So all we can do is assume that ripple execs have the same end goal as all of us investors (to maximize the value of XRP over the long haul). From our perspective as investors, what doesn't make sense may make perfect sense from an internal perspective.  So maybe all we need to have is a bit of faith that all this will come to fruition with the understanding that there is a probability that this faith may be misplaced.

exactly, they are who I ultimately invested in

1 minute ago, jasil said:

ou don't think 35 billion+ is enough? Bitcoin has how many MILLION AGAIN lol adoption just fine I think!

No. Our use case far different than Bitcoin. Liquidity and diversity is far more important to our use case than for bitcoin. Also, if Ripple was to get too big and control too much XRP, there might me anti-trust issues in the future. Ripple as far as I know does not sell XRP to finance their day to day activity. It is used as strategic asset to facilitate adoption by awarding companies that adopt it.