Your posts doesn't makes sense. Ripple sells XRP and the more XRP that enters the market affects the price. If it is so precious and must rise in price to make the "magic" happen why do they keep selling it? If they thought it would hit $100 or $1000 why wouldn't they hold it? Like investors do?
They can't just "sell" XRP.
But what ever money they fall short off next to selling their software. Bills need to be paid so they can sell a bit to fill up that gap. They can "sell" it cheaper to FI's but these FI's need to sign a contract where they are prohibited to sell it on the Market.

They can't sell XRP simply to give themselves a bigger pay cut.

But bills need to be paid and the part they sell isn't even that big.
It is even less now as the average of 300 million a month before oktober last year.

Ripple Labs will benefit when XRP has a higher value. It works for the FI's, Retailers and consumers also better when XRP has a higher price.

If you want to send 1 billion with XRP at $0.50 or with XRP at $5,- makes a big difference.
First they need less of it to send the amount of money and thus is easier to get your hands on.

Resume: Ripple Labs doesn't just sell XRP nor could they even if they wanted to. It is not possible as it is well documented when and for what they can sell XRP.
And when they do it, what conditions are even valid in the particular reason for selling XRP.

You can take a look and see how much they sold since escrow started. You will see that this amount isn't even close to the amound Jeb McCaleb can sell. Which is in turn also documented as it is decided in a court ruling.
And that also has some measurement limits. Such as the volume etc.

So just selling isn't even possible.
But yes they do sell some or would you see them rather not be at FinTech conferences and advocate for the software solutions they offer or all the TV appearances they do?

Just selling is a very simplistic way to explain why they sell some and why so much goes back now into escrow if you consider the amount of 300 million on average before escrow and did you hear anyone about that amount complaining?

Just look at the numbers and you will never say they "just" sell.

On 7-4-2018 at 4:08 PM, richxrp said:

You're conflating price and value

Look you can make it really complicated or really simple.  XRP has little to no value based on utility right now.

We are speculating. 

Speculative bottom was ~20 cents USD for a long time, and now it seems speculative value has bottomed out at ~50cents.

Edited by Gepster

10 hours ago, Gepster said:

Look you can make it really complicated or really simple.  XRP has little to no value based on utility right now.

We are speculating. 

Speculative bottom was ~20 cents USD for a long time, and now it seems speculative value has bottomed out at ~50cents.

^ This,

And i will add, there is way too many XRP's out there and way too little demand for it, it is virtually unused at this point. It will take a lot of time and partnerships before the number of transactions (demand) even comes close to using this many coins (supply), the basics of trading still apply to new commodities my friends. So until this happens, the value is purely speculative, hence very volatile and subject to pump and dumps. 

12 hours ago, Gepster said:

We are speculating. 

Wait until the end of the month next futures contract closes.

1 hour ago, 7Bs said:

Wait until the end of the month next futures contract closes.

If it follows btc, could se a 5 to 8 cent drop on the 27 of April. If I got the dates right.

6 minutes ago, FUD said:

If it follows btc, could se a 5 to 8 cent drop on the 27 of April. If I got the dates right.

Just look at BTC price end Jan, XRP price end Jan, etc. Q1 established a pattern. We'll see it until BTC hits gold price. Mid-Summer for XRP. I hope I'm wrong and it's earlier.

11 minutes ago, 7Bs said:

Just look at BTC price end Jan, XRP price end Jan, etc. Q1 established a pattern. We'll see it until BTC hits gold price. Mid-Summer for XRP. I hope I'm wrong and it's earlier.

But nobody know what a gold price is. 

40 minutes ago, 7Bs said:

They do, avg it at $1200.

Who are they? 

At 1200 $ the mining business i believe will be kaput, finito, done, as of no more. This will spell the end of btc as we know it. 

Such prices now can’t be sustainable. 

Only the governments doing the mining would profit from it. 

Oppps, that means btc will be as centralized as any fiat on the planet. Since no private entity would be able to produce a single Satoshi.

1 hour ago, FUD said:

Who are they? 

At 1200 $ the mining business i believe will be kaput, finito, done, as of no more. This will spell the end of btc as we know it. 

Such prices now can’t be sustainable. 

Only the governments doing the mining would profit from it. 

Oppps, that means btc will be as centralized as any fiat on the planet. Since no private entity would be able to produce a single Satoshi.

They could be the people who tanked Bitcoin through shorting the **** out of it.

3 hours ago, 7Bs said:

They could be the people who tanked Bitcoin through shorting the **** out of it.

So you don’t know . 

Welcome to the ignor life ?