How to get ALV coins using Ledger Nano S

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are my notes for acquiring ALV coins if you have a wallet that was active before March 27 inclusive. See https://allvor.org/get-alv/ They are based on the notes from  Thanks Zock..

@Maros81 I had the same problem and got the same error.  On the fourth time trying it, I changed the Coin Type on the Bip39-standalone.html page from BTC to XRP and it ended up working. Not sure if th

Step 43. Smash computer repeatedly with heaviest object you can find then set it on fire. jk, good guide! The only thing I would add is if you'd like additional security set up Ubuntu (or an

Posted Images

On 4/11/2018 at 1:09 PM, Annevanzwol said:

@Maros81 @Dymac @DaddyD1717

This is how it worked for me. Open index file and change wallet with 'use secret key'. This will automatically fill the public key (the one from the nano)

Then payment tab advance mode. Fill in recipient adress, value : amount, currency: ALV,  issuer: Allvor Ripple adress

If I remember 'path search' and then choosing ALV which fills the bottom part. Cannot reproduce because account is empty now. 

Then submit. That is it 

BE AWARE this is online and at your own risk. I am almost certain you can do offline signing in the same way with the BLOB thing. However I did not care because I emptied my Nano beforehand. 

0909AA13-6B8F-47E8-82C7-7253A0E5D8C7.jpeg

8C2E9A1B-5995-48D2-9E45-74BA625DA5BB.jpeg

@Annevanzwol

Thanks! Worked like a charm. Now all my ALV is in my gatehub account and my xrp in a new wallet on my Nano.

3 hours ago, Kackliiiren said:

@Allvor I did all steps and claimed my ALVs, how do i get acess to them for example trading or selling them?

Allvor probably don't want to promote trading at this early stage, lest they be accused of pump-&-dump tactics; but here's a post from an xrpchat user about placing a limit order on the XRP ledger's decentralized exchange. From a cold wallet, which is cool (pun unavoidable):—

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/21778-ann-allvor-cryptocurrency-for-e-commerce-powered-by-the-xrp-ledger/?do=findComment&comment=342052

2 hours ago, tev said:

Allvor probably don't want to promote trading at this early stage, lest they be accused of pump-&-dump tactics; but here's a post from an xrpchat user about placing a limit order on the XRP ledger's decentralized exchange. From a cold wallet, which is cool (pun unavoidable):—

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/21778-ann-allvor-cryptocurrency-for-e-commerce-powered-by-the-xrp-ledger/?do=findComment&comment=342052

I c :) but i dont know how i can access them because they are in my ledger nano s (ripple wallet) when the time comes how do i get them out?... And also do u know the current price of a ALV token?

1 minute ago, Kackliiiren said:

they are in my ledger nano s (ripple wallet)

No, they are not in your Ledger Nano. They are on a distributed ledger that exists on multiple computers anywhere in the world. I'm repeating myself, from another thread, but I'm lazy, so here's a link :D

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/21965-allvor-giving-free-alv-to-xrp-holders-whose-ripple-accounts-were-active-before-032818-5000-alv-13-alv-for-each-1-xrp-you-held-up-until-328-so-awesome/?do=findComment&comment=346693

You did not use you Ledger Nano when you extended a trustline from your ripple address to Allvor's, so I'm all the more puzzled that (i) you believe that your ALVs are somehow “in” it, and (ii) you nonetheless expect it to be useful for other IOU transactions. It seems that the Ledger Nano has limited functionality with non-XRP transactions, and that's why you used another transaction-signing tool instead.

Current price of an ALV token on the ripple distributed exchange? A moment ago, the bid price was 0.035 XRP and the ask price was 0.00408 XRP. Here's how the market depth is looking (viewed in the trading tab of ripplerm-wallet).

5ad14bad48b81_Screenshot-2018-4-14Screenshot.thumb.png.fa8dde610f8868324e608c20b5ab0658.png

I can't help thinking that the market will be a little more rational after Allvor publish details of how they intend to finalize their distribution and cap the supply.

How do we know when Allvor has distributed the intended 5% of the full supply of 100b ALV as declared? And that would signalthe end of the airdrop period. Does bithomp show the payments summary somewhere?

What I have figured out just by logic is, that onbithomp they are at transaction Nr 4063 at t the moment, with each transaction at minimum 5000 ALV, only more. Only 5k payments would mean 20m ALV sent so far (4000 x 5000 alv) out of 5billion.

11 hours ago, Simoun said:

nothing happens when I click

Have you tried using a different web browser? It works better in some than in others.

@ripplerm's in-browser ‘wallet’ software has an impressive number of features, so sometimes it takes a while to find that feature that you want. For instance, your screen shot looks like a connection to testnet, but you probably wanted a connection to mainnet. Also, there are two Change buttons near the top of the page, and you probably want to be using the blue one. This software mostly denominates XRP amounts in drops (1 XRP = 1 million drops).

(I put the word ‘wallet’ in inverted commas because it's really a tool for viewing the XRP ledger and signing transactions. Many people wrongly believe that a ‘wallet’ is where they store their tokens.)

8 hours ago, sattop said:

Is there a way to retrieve the secret key on the nano's hidden wallet, (25th word)?

Is the 25th word just an optional checksum for the previous 24 words?

See this link and this link for further information. For maximum security, download the pages and use their tools on an internet-disconnected computer.