How to get ALV coins using Ledger Nano S

56 minutes ago, Annevanzwol said:

@RycNoosh Thank you. I was able to set the trustline and claim the ALV. However not using the 'Account Extended Private Key' as you indicated (which returned an invalid secret message) but the first private key from the Derived Addresses table below (the one corresponding to my public key)

I've tried to send the ALV to a Gatehub Wallet (with ALV trustline) using the BLOB method however when submitting I get 'tecPATH_DRY: Path could not send partial amount'. Can you tell me how to send ALV to another wallet or even better how to import the wallet into Gatehub?

@Annevanzwol thanks for the update regarding getting the private key. I remember struggling with that part and trying all sorts of combinations. :P

Regarding moving your ALV..hmm not something I have tried. I'm leaving mine on my ledger for now. They are worth hardly anything at the moment.

This post could help however

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are my notes for acquiring ALV coins if you have a wallet that was active before March 27 inclusive. See https://allvor.org/get-alv/ They are based on the notes from  Thanks Zock..

@Maros81 I had the same problem and got the same error.  On the fourth time trying it, I changed the Coin Type on the Bip39-standalone.html page from BTC to XRP and it ended up working. Not sure if th

Step 43. Smash computer repeatedly with heaviest object you can find then set it on fire. jk, good guide! The only thing I would add is if you'd like additional security set up Ubuntu (or an

Posted Images

RycNoosh or anyone who already succeeded: 

I am strugglig with step 20. It just does not accept my private key on the setting ("invalid") I believe I followed the steps correctly thus far.

Do you mean setting "secret key" at the green arrow or red arrow? I tried both

kkkkkkk.png

34 minutes ago, Maros81 said:

RycNoosh or anyone who already succeeded: 

I am strugglig with step 20. It just does not accept my private key on the setting ("invalid") I believe I followed the steps correctly thus far.

Do you mean setting "secret key" at the green arrow or red arrow? I tried both

kkkkkkk.png

The green arrow. Which private key did you use?

4 hours ago, DaddyD1717 said:

It worked perfect. Thank you. 

How can we now access those ALV. How can we transfer them somewhere to trade? 

Got it to work as well. I agree, where do we find them on the ledger nano and how do we transfer them? Anyone?

Anyone tried this with a Raspberry Pi as offline machine? I was thinking of Kali, Ubuntu Mate or Raspbian as OS and wipe / burn the SD card after the key was compromised on the machine. The tools are just html pages so hopefully one of the available browsers for the RPi should work, shouldn't it?

Didn't bother with offline signing. Emptied my ledger before the operation. Claimed the ALV and setup the nano as a new device before putting my funds back. 

Good to know it is possible to access your account without the nano

15 minutes ago, Annevanzwol said:

Didn't bother with offline signing. Emptied my ledger before the operation. Claimed the ALV and setup the nano as a new device before putting my funds back. 

Good to know it is possible to access your account without the nano

What about your old account? There have to be at least 20 XRP left as reserve afaik. I want to leave my zerps in the account, because I don't want to explain to the tax people why they were moved. I am sure I will have a hard time with them even without moving the zerps.

Rynoosh, it worked, thanks. Would be worth though to correct step 19:  the index to be opened should refer to step 15, not 13. 

Also, what now, that one has their ALV? where can one access them, which one got via Nano ledger account? the bithomp is just a list to check public info, right?

Edited by Maros81

@Maros81 You can use the same github Ripple wallet to send payments. A little trial and error. I send my ALV to a GH wallet for further processing 

Edited by Guest
10 hours ago, DavyJones said:

What about your old account? There have to be at least 20 XRP left as reserve afaik. I want to leave my zerps in the account, because I don't want to explain to the tax people why they were moved. I am sure I will have a hard time with them even without moving the zerps.

The 20 XRP is more than made up by the ALV received. Also I wanted to test if I could access my account without a Nano.

Where I live I don't see any tax implications from  just moving funds. They look at the total holding