Eric123

Wild Ride How are you dealing??

On 4/7/2018 at 3:48 PM, ripplewaytogo said:

Honestly I used to get edgy when price goes up 10% up or down. 

Since I am now 68% in the red any price movement of 30% up or down or I will just go like this: is that all? Better watch the paint dry. LOL

31 minutes ago, johnlogan said:

Im in the same boat! 

5 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

And me too!

Amateurs! I'm a savvy investor. I'm only down 50%!

;)

I was listening to the podcast with Johnson and Johnson this morning. Im feeling really good where we are at right now price wise. 

The Euro has inflated around 25% in the last 16 years, im happy to put the money i dont really need in XRP.

Edited by Gepster

Kind of out of left field with this response but.... "headspace".  yea, thats right the crazy popular guided meditation app.  Its amazing, best 10 minutes of my day for the past 4 months and its positively effected everything in my life, not just mood but relationships and perspective on different things.   Also, I've customized a morning routine based on Tim Ferriss's- 7 minutes of yoga/stretching and a cold shower.  Yea, call me crazy but I feel invincible after these ~20 min every morning.  Sure, I check the price many times throughout the day and participate in the forums while working as a mental break from my headhunting gig but I always circle back to a calm state by reminding myself this is a long-term play.  Also, learning about the past is very helpful.  Looking at threads from 2014 and 2015 is really reassuring.  

Also down about 50 percent but i've only been putting in 25 to 50 a week compared to the 250 - 500 a week I throw into the stock market. No stress, and even if it went to 0 I wouldn't be necessarily stressed - but more disappointed. Pretty much I haven't invested enough to XRP to stress me out regardless of what happens.

Now, if we hit .2's or even lower .3's - I'll probably start throwing in several hundred a week into XRP - which could stress me out if it went to 0!

I like th story of a Zen master (from Charlie Wilson's war) who sees the people of his village celebrating a young boy's new horse as a wonderful gift. "We'll see," the Zen master says. When the boy falls off the horse and breaks a leg, everyone says the horse is a curse. "We'll see," says the master. Then war breaks out, the boy cannot be conscripted because of his injury, and everyone now says the horse was a fortunate gift. "We'll see," the master says again.

3 minutes ago, manateehunter said:

I like th story of a Zen master (from Charlie Wilson's war) who sees the people of his village celebrating a young boy's new horse as a wonderful gift. "We'll see," the Zen master says. When the boy falls off the horse and breaks a leg, everyone says the horse is a curse. "We'll see," says the master. Then war breaks out, the boy cannot be conscripted because of his injury, and everyone now says the horse was a fortunate gift. "We'll see," the master says again.

Nice one! We're indeed very quick to jump to conclusions about whether something is "good" or "bad." 

15 minutes ago, manateehunter said:

I love that scene. 

On 4/6/2018 at 1:00 PM, Eric123 said:

First off I am bullish on XRP and the whole crypto market.  I believe that eventually we will look back on this time and talk about how much our accounts were down and how we stuck with it and "look at us now"  But in the mean time, how are you guys dealing with the stress.  I basically at an entire cake last night and also I'm pretty much a daily kratom user at this point.  Anyone else got any stories re: coping mechanisms.

I don't know what Kratom is but somehow I've managed to rewire my thinking and each time we dip I buy.  Although I'm getting exhausted with it and ready for the ROI again. 

I just keep trying to read all things XRP. After my initial research into the positions I have in the stock market, they are just left to appreciate for the most part. With crypto, I'm checking into it everyday. The price no longer concerns me too much since I think we've all come across a winner in the long run. If I'm right, maybe the wife can quit her job and we buy a new house. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, RossMacFirdeen said:

i'm down 6% only .. not a great deal but some frustration ...

... "I'm down 6% only. It's not a great deal being down 10%. But there's still some frustration being down 15%." 

On 4/6/2018 at 9:03 PM, Trendkill said:

When I put my life into perspective I could give a damn about what price XRP is at right now. Somehow.....when life deals you a big dose of reality things like money and wealth mean nothing when someone you love has their life hanging in the balance. You'd give everything away to have them be ok. I think this thought process is something I need to carry on throughout my life from now on. Just my opinion.

No doubt - Money is not life - but it usually can improve things.  I home the situation works out for you.