Just a wee hypothesis for your consideration on the rapidity of potential developments.

I was considering if I were in charge of CoinBase (I know, I know bear with me) and I had hired and trained 500 employees in order to cope with the added demand of adding XRP, when would I pull the trigger on the announcement/addition?

Personally I would wait and do it at exactly the worst possible time for my competitors in order to utilise the added capacity the new employees bring to the max. I would wait until another big announcement breaks and starts to rise the XRP price. Say for example WU or whoever announced Ripple was the bees knees and intended to use XRP in everything they did and this pushed the price up by 40% or something. People rush in to purchase XRP at their usual broker sites thus pushing CB’s competitors to their limits processing payments and signing up new customers. Yet CB is coasting because of their 500 new staff. This is the exact moment I would pull the trigger. The double hit of customer news and CB addition would be a massive boost to XRP’s popularity and price. CB’s already maxed out competitors would be have to shut down their signing up processes as we saw in December. So it you want to buy XRP you’re left with limited options. Wait a month for Etoro or Binance to get all their **** in one sock while the price rises exponentially or go to the only broker in your market which can sign you up and take your fiat currency instantly. CB could clean up in this scenario and I believe that is what they are waiting for.

But the real question is what it would mean for us Hodlers. I believe it would mean a spike unprecedented in Crypto space history and a very, very fast one indeed. Under these conditions I see no reason whatsoever we couldn’t go from 60c to over $10 in a matter of weeks and the biggest restraining factor would be the ability of the relevant sites to take the money.

Only posting this for light hearted discussion, only my opinion.

You flagged it....     :) "I know I know"...   Yep...   I hate Coinbase discussions. 

But for the sake of your argument I would say...   Nope.   :) 

Coinbase resistance is idealogicical and is not based on business reasons.  So they will do whatever they will do....   But if it was to be a purely business decision, then the opportunity cost of waiting to pull off your cunning plan would outweigh the dubious benefits of everything going perfectly.

So a clear case of a bird in the hand is worth more to a business than a bunch of potential fomo birds.   And giving rational thought to the actions of a clear ideologue is a waste of time.

Just something to chew on...   Maybe Coinbase WANTS to add xrp, but Ripple is blocking it for whatever reason?  I see this as a definite possibility, Coinbase has not shown itself to be an outstanding crypto steward IMO...  Maybe Ripple has an issue with the business plan, or Coinbase wants a freebie for listing and Ripple won't give it up, who knows...  Just food for thought.

It'll be hilarious when they finally add XRP and the price doesn't move much.  Yeah, you'll get an immediate pump and dump but it won't have some lasting impact beyond a 48 hour period.  I wonder what all these people obsessed with CB will do once they realize it was never the key to some magical massive price movement.

they are going to add some coin nobody heard of first to make sure staff knows what the hell is going on and to show there is no insider trading going down

I'm about to make my last CB purchase of LTC and Shapeshift.io it to XRP. I'll be using Uphold in the future as CB isn't supporting the things I want to do unless I jump through too many hoops.

I was trying to use Bitstamp instead of CB, but have been waiting over a month to get verified. Uphold verified me in an hour.

Edited by n2it
:g/validated/s//verified/g

7 hours ago, mm34505 said:

they are going to add some coin nobody heard of first to make sure staff knows what the hell is going on and to show there is no insider trading going down

RVN