Trader-to-the-Crown

Allvor giving free ALV to XRP holders whose Ripple accounts were active before 03/28/18! 5000 ALV + 1.3 ALV for each 1 XRP you held up until 3/28. So awesome!

You can still claim coins and it's safe to claim them, see other discussions here. Haven't read a negative post about it except for people posting that they are not eligible. Why don't you just check if you can claim the coins @Kpuff? it's very easy

2 hours ago, Theregoesprofit said:

You can still claim coins and it's safe to claim them, see other discussions here. Haven't read a negative post about it except for people posting that they are not eligible. Why don't you just check if you can claim the coins @Kpuff? it's very easy

Thanks I am curious if I can or not cause it's free money

4 hours ago, Theregoesprofit said:

Can I get a second on this from someone more seasoned? No offense but you have two posts and they are about ALV, probably work for them. 

5 hours ago, Theregoesprofit said:

No offense taken, just read back in the different topics here and do your homework. I did the same! 

Will do. And thanks, I’ll get my reading glasses on and do some research. Seems like free tokens are never a bad deal just skeptical and want to make sure it’s not a scam or something 

On 7/23/2018 at 5:43 AM, AwesomeCopper said:

Can I get a second on this from someone more seasoned? No offense but you have two posts and they are about ALV, probably work for them. 

You can still claim ALV. They will let us know if/when a deadline to claim them comes up. 

I haven't claimed mine yet because I don't want to hassle with the nano right now, but other seasoned members have claimed them and say that it is safe. 

On 7/24/2018 at 7:57 AM, BiffTannen said:

You can still claim ALV. They will let us know if/when a deadline to claim them comes up. 

I haven't claimed mine yet because I don't want to hassle with the nano right now, but other seasoned members have claimed them and say that it is safe. 

I was able to get my ALV the other night with my nano. Everything went smooth once I figured out what I was doing.

7 hours ago, Raz said:

I was able to get my ALV the other night with my nano. Everything went smooth once I figured out what I was doing.

Did you follow the guide from this forum?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BiffTannen said:

Did you follow the guide from this forum?

Yes. The only thing was when you unpack the zip files you have to make sure they are completely unpacked or the index won’t open correctly. It really wasn’t too bad and I don’t do this stuff a lot.

maybe took 30 minutes.

Edited by Raz

4 hours ago, bell87 said:

I'm too chicken to do the process.

You're right to be cautious with private keys/secrets, since the whole point of a hardware wallet is to shield them from the internet.

If it helps though, a lot of the steps can be done on a disconnected computer, where you would be watching out for retrospective attacks rather than real-time attacks.

1 minute ago, tev said:

You're right to be cautious with private keys/secrets, since the whole point of a hardware wallet is to shield them from the internet.

If it helps though, a lot of the steps can be done on a disconnected computer, where you would be watching out for retrospective attacks rather than real-time attacks.

I realized this could be done.  Ran a virus scan and used a relatively new computer.  I think I'll be fine as all of the important parts of the setup were done offline and everything was deleted prior to getting back onto the internet.