Trader-to-the-Crown

Allvor giving free ALV to XRP holders whose Ripple accounts were active before 03/28/18! 5000 ALV + 1.3 ALV for each 1 XRP you held up until 3/28. So awesome!

3 minutes ago, RippleSider said:

Good question: Seems it is not working anymore? @Allvor ?

Hello,
You can join now! The closing date of the Initial Distribution Program will be announced in advance.

Thank you

On 4/2/2018 at 10:04 PM, rootvegetable said:

Without a trust line, you are unable to accept a specific IOU, and no one can send them to you. The idea with trust lines is that you set the amount to how much you are willing to trust a specific IOU. For example, if I set a trust line for $100 USD.bitstamp, it means I trust bitstamp enough to hold $100 in their custody. I don't have to actually hold that amount, but it means I trust them only up until that amount, and not more. So if I have a trust line set up for $100 USD.bitstamp it means I am theoretically willing to accept payment of $100 bitstamp dollars as far as the ripple network is concerned (but that also depends on the payment terms I have with whoever is paying me). I don't think there is anything inherently risky to adding a trust line, but be careful to disable "rippling." Even with rippling enabled there is probably nothing risky for an ALV trust line, but better just to leave rippling disabled as a general habit since it could theoretically open you up to problems in the right situation. I don't know if Allvor requires personal information when signing up, but that would be the only potential risk I think.

can i delete a trust line? i have some trust lines in the past back in the rippletrade platform with snapswap and others. 

4 hours ago, Allvor said:

This is account 1, which proposed the original issue.

This is account 2, which settled the previous issue. Account 1 runs out of activity.

The same account of 2 does the automated distribution.
We could have an account 3 or 3 and 4 as hotwallet, doing the distribution. That would be expected. We chose to move the balance to other accounts and use the same account 2 as a distributor to reduce doubts. Still, many questions remain, for it is in fact complex. But that's how it works. Hope this helps.

Ok, that makes sense. Why not have people extend trust lines to account 1, and still have account 2 do the distribution? That way there would only be a single issuance of ALV? I'm not saying the way you're doing it is wrong, I just don't necessarily see why there is a need for the issuance of ALV from account 1 to begin with. The way it's set up now is that the issuance from account 1 just sits in account 2, what is its purpose for being there?

3 hours ago, rootvegetable said:

Ok, that makes sense. Why not have people extend trust lines to account 1, and still have account 2 do the distribution? That way there would only be a single issuance of ALV? I'm not saying the way you're doing it is wrong, I just don't necessarily see why there is a need for the issuance of ALV from account 1 to begin with. The way it's set up now is that the issuance from account 1 just sits in account 2, what is its purpose for being there?

We have adopted this alternative to keep account 1 isolated and we will do the same with account 2 once we close the initial distribution. So we choose to work with trust lines and links to other accounts with only account 2.

We could have made another choice, like the one you described, that's true.

1 hour ago, Allvor said:

We have adopted this alternative to keep account 1 isolated and we will do the same with account 2 once we close the initial distribution. So we choose to work with trust lines and links to other accounts with only account 2.

We could have made another choice, like the one you described, that's true.

Are you guys going to lock up majority of your undistributed "ALV" tokens in escrow just like Ripple. You seem to have issued 100 Billion just like Ripple labs but you don't seem to have any in escrow? How about placing anything that is not distributed via airdrop in an escrow untill you have met certain targets/deliverables?? 

Edited by goldstar111

1 hour ago, goldstar111 said:

Are you guys going to lock up majority of your undistributed "ALV" tokens in escrow just like Ripple. You seem to have issued 100 Billion just like Ripple labs but you don't seem to have any in escrow? How about placing anything that is not distributed via airdrop in an escrow untill you have met certain targets/deliverables?? 

At this time, I believe rippled only supports XRP for escrow. Happy to be corrected.

https://ripple.com/build/escrow-tutorials/#send-a-time-held-escrow

21 minutes ago, flanman said:

At this time, I believe rippled only supports XRP for escrow. Happy to be corrected.

https://ripple.com/build/escrow-tutorials/#send-a-time-held-escrow

hmmm. Is anyone planning to hold? Who is buying these other than getting assigned for free. I see some trading on the DEX? Also if you go back in the charts 

https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/markets/ALV:raEQc5krJ2rUXyi6fgmUAf63oAXmF7p6jp/XRP?interval=2h&range=2w&type=line

There is a huge spike to 0.2 xrps . Wonder who bought it so high? Very strange indeed.

1 hour ago, goldstar111 said:

hmmm. Is anyone planning to hold? Who is buying these other than getting assigned for free. I see some trading on the DEX? Also if you go back in the charts 

https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/markets/ALV:raEQc5krJ2rUXyi6fgmUAf63oAXmF7p6jp/XRP?interval=2h&range=2w&type=line

There is a huge spike to 0.2 xrps . Wonder who bought it so high? Very strange indeed.

I bought a stack for 28xrp then sold them for just north of 1000xrp a few days later. It certainly is volatile :lol:

On 03/04/2018 at 6:44 AM, Trader-to-the-Crown said:

I only have experience with my Toast Wallet and a little bit of Gatehub. So I dont have an answer for you on that.

I can't vouch for Allvor being trustworthy either, but it has been talked about here and I (think) that Ripple nodded to them at one point on Twitter perhaps?

I'm no blockchain guru, I'm a blockchain noob if anything, but I cant imagine the addition of a trust line opens your XRP wallet to any vulnerability. I would love to hear a discussion on this from some more knowledgable people.

Some Ripple fans made a joke and forked stellar so now the stellar fans are having a joke and forking xrp. Another 1trillion coins. Waste of time. May end up getting hacked creating trust lines and providing wallet addresses etc.

5 hours ago, goldstar111 said:

1. The Ripple escrow is a joke, seeing they can extract ONE BILLION every month!
2. No point when they can simple mint another million, billion, 100 billion anytime they desire.

4 hours ago, goldstar111 said:

This demonstrates the mentally or simple lack of intelligence of most cryptio "investors". These ALV tokens are worthless - paying 1/200 of a XRP for one is a waste of money/stupidity.