Allvor giving free ALV to XRP holders whose Ripple accounts were active before 03/28/18! 5000 ALV + 1.3 ALV for each 1 XRP you held up until 3/28. So awesome!

I've got to hand it to Allvor, they are really freaking cool for this. Instead of doing an initial offering or crowd funding for ALV, their digital asset built on the XRP Ledger, they are giving a ton of free ALV to XRP holders whose Ripple accounts were active before March 28th, 2018.

They are giving you 5000 ALV, then on top of that they are giving you 1.3 ALV for every 1 XRP you have 

To claim your ALV, follow the instructions to add a trust line, in this link: https://allvor.org/add-a-trust-line/

After that, put your Ripple address in here: https://allvor.org/get-alv/

I use Toast Wallet so I had to end up importing my wallet into Gatehub and create the trust line there.

Got my free ALV, thank you Allvor! They have really shown their appreciation to us people that represent the first supporters of the XRP Ledger.

Its funny how I have had a 100% XRP portfolio and now I have more ALV than XRP. To the moon with both of you!

I can only hope that all new coins to be built on the XRP Ledger would show the same generosity to us, the original XRPL inhabitants. Very unlikely though. This is mindblowingly unexpected.

Edited by Trader-to-the-Crown

11 minutes ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

Yet another topic on ALV, that makes four. Please do a search before posting.

You are not thinking contextually. My post is immediately informative and instructive and focuses on the one key point that Allvor is making this offer. I am supplying the quick route to understanding it and taking advantage of the offer.

The other posts require digging, and only one of them really directly addresses this.

I guarantee tons of readers will not have known of this until my post, or will have only heard mention of it as something "to be happening soon" with little detail upfront.

6 minutes ago, Alice said:

How do you create trust line with ledger wallet or bifinex? Is allvor safe or trustworthy?

I only have experience with my Toast Wallet and a little bit of Gatehub. So I dont have an answer for you on that.

I can't vouch for Allvor being trustworthy either, but it has been talked about here and I (think) that Ripple nodded to them at one point on Twitter perhaps?

I'm no blockchain guru, I'm a blockchain noob if anything, but I cant imagine the addition of a trust line opens your XRP wallet to any vulnerability. I would love to hear a discussion on this from some more knowledgable people.

6 minutes ago, Trader-to-the-Crown said:

I only have experience with my Toast Wallet and a little bit of Gatehub. So I dont have an answer for you on that.

I can't vouch for Allvor being trustworthy either, but it has been talked about here and I (think) that Ripple nodded to them at one point on Twitter perhaps?

I'm no blockchain guru, I'm a blockchain noob if anything, but I cant imagine the addition of a trust line opens your XRP wallet to any vulnerability. I would love to hear a discussion on this from some more knowledgable people.

I read somewhere probably on reddit, not sure, that the trust line functionality is in place to keep your wallet only open to XRP so it can't be spammed with random IOU's. And ALV is in fact an IOU. From what I've read the last 12 hours I don't think this opens up for any voulnerability, but I'm not an expert on this at all.

Edited by JayloT

2 minutes ago, JayloT said:

I read somewhere probably on reddit, not sure, that the trust line functionality is in place to keep your wallet only open to XRP so it can't be spammed with random IOU's. And ALV is in fact an IOU.

So the purpose of the trust line is to accept tokens built on the same ledger without it interfering with your native token wallet? (In this case the native token to the ledger being XRP)

That makes it feel safe. Or am I misreading your meaning?

Just now, Trader-to-the-Crown said:

So the purpose of the trust line is to accept tokens built on the same ledger without it interfering with your native token wallet? (In this case the native token to the ledger being XRP)

That makes it feel safe.

From what I understand: yes. The trust line opens for that specific UIO on the XRP ledger to be able to be transfered to your wallet from another sender. Seems this is the only way the XRP ledger wil accept this sort of initial offering, in other words, not dictated by ALV. Am I right @Allvor ? (And btw: sorry for my bad phrasing, English is not my native language.)

14 minutes ago, Ripple-n-Time said:

Your post is definitely immediately informative.  I concur.  Can a trust line be established with a nano ledger S?  

I dont think so based on some things I am seeing on Reddit, but Toast Wallet lacked that functionality as well. I was able to import my Toast Wallet into Gatehub and then open a trustline there. It worked out pretty easy.

At the bottom of the instructions page it says what to do for wallets that dont have a trust line add function.

I am waiting to hear back from others if this solution will work for Ledger Nano S users.

Without a trust line, you are unable to accept a specific IOU, and no one can send them to you. The idea with trust lines is that you set the amount to how much you are willing to trust a specific IOU. For example, if I set a trust line for $100 USD.bitstamp, it means I trust bitstamp enough to hold $100 in their custody. I don't have to actually hold that amount, but it means I trust them only up until that amount, and not more. So if I have a trust line set up for $100 USD.bitstamp it means I am theoretically willing to accept payment of $100 bitstamp dollars as far as the ripple network is concerned (but that also depends on the payment terms I have with whoever is paying me). I don't think there is anything inherently risky to adding a trust line, but be careful to disable "rippling." Even with rippling enabled there is probably nothing risky for an ALV trust line, but better just to leave rippling disabled as a general habit since it could theoretically open you up to problems in the right situation. I don't know if Allvor requires personal information when signing up, but that would be the only potential risk I think.