18 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

Liquidity can come from an increasing price as well as an increasing supply. They need a bigger market cap,  whichever way it occurs. 

well, liquidity for XRP is gonna have to occur within the framework of there being 100B in circulation at some point, so price will have to adjust to that...the supply is known, and the conditions of their release is defined, whether you like it or not...

9 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

I'm over 40k strong and hold to the belief that at some point Ripple will sign a big name that will do something. Something just seems strange with a stock sale I DO NOT FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT AT ALL.

There is little reason to raise more cash...........especially at this burn rate.

the reason is that their entire plan is built on the premise that 100B won't be enough, it speaks to the scale and scope of their ambition, its brilliant! It ain't gonna happen overnight and price will continue to suffer for a good while i'd guess, how long and how low i really couldn't say...nice stack btw

Edited by xrpmeplease

30 minutes ago, xrpmeplease said:

well, liquidity for XRP is gonna have to occur within the framework of there being 100B in circulation at some point, so price will have to adjust to that...the supply is known, and the conditions of their release is defined, whether you like it or not...

What does this have to do with anything? Price adjusts based on supply and demand, not ripple’s need for liquidity. 

22 minutes ago, xrpmeplease said:

the reason is that their entire plan is built on the premise that 100B won't be enough, it speaks to the scale and scope of their ambition, its brilliant! It ain't gonna happen overnight and price will continue to suffer for a good while i'd guess, how long and how low i really couldn't say...nice stack btw

Let's say I disagree 1000%. Current volume and coins outstanding are more than enough to handle the miniscule transactions xRapid is settling. To sell more XRP at this stage is shady, greedy, and disingenuous. 

Enough of this let's see what next week holds big bust with Snoop DOOG or actual news? 

2 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Current volume and coins outstanding are more than enough to handle the miniscule transactions xRapid is settling. To sell more XRP at this stage is shady, greedy, and disingenuous. 

What’s disingenuous is to say before the race has started that this is all we need.

Do you not understand Ripple are playing towards the end game not towards your present day enrichment?

8 hours ago, ringer2 said:

What does this have to do with anything? Price adjusts based on supply and demand, not ripple’s need for liquidity. 

i'm not disagreeing with you (above and your quote below), i'm just saying that if the supply is known and fixed in advance then the evolution of the price will necessarily reflect that...which means in this case price will rise slowly given the relatively high supply...

Ripple's strategy to build liquidity through a wide distribution of their supply rather than a short term focus on price makes sense if the ultimate goal is wide spread use, i.e. adoption...if they want XRP to be the base element of the IoV, getting it out there, actually being used, is most important...further, their strategy of starting with it being used to facilitate smaller payments for the WU's of the world, and building towards larger scale payments for Banks over time, allows for price to remain relatively low and XRP to still be of use...escrow is just a nod towards helping with stability of the price element of the equation since wide distribution with no price to speak of at all renders the whole exercise meaningless...

so price, in this instance, is about short term pain (could be a few more years, who knows) for long term gain since the known supply, within the marketplace as it currently exists, dictates it...that's all i'm saying, and it seemed relevant to point it out in light of your (persistent) comments that SUPPLY matters...sure it does, but get over it or buy another coin if short term price is your main concern...

9 hours ago, ringer2 said:

Liquidity can come from an increasing price as well as an increasing supply. They need a bigger market cap,  whichever way it occurs. 

8 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Let's say I disagree 1000%. Current volume and coins outstanding are more than enough to handle the miniscule transactions xRapid is settling. To sell more XRP at this stage is shady, greedy, and disingenuous. 

Enough of this let's see what next week holds big bust with Snoop DOOG or actual news? 

well, are you sure you want to continue to hold such a significant investment in something that is, and will continue to be, stewarded by such a "shady, greedy and disingenuous" bunch? seems like a poor plan, i can see why you'd want to change the subject...

10 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Let's say I disagree 1000%. Current volume and coins outstanding are more than enough to handle the miniscule transactions xRapid is settling

Wow, that’s myopic to say the least. Do you know the only reason they stared out with xRapid for the likes of WU and MG was because there wasn’t enough liquidity for the corporate customers? Do you know that the only reason they are selectively doing certain corridor is because they don’t have liquidity to support many corridors? Do you know that even in those small numbers of corridors the volume would be overwhelmed if WU and MG were to fully adopt xRapid? And the minuscule xRapid volume you talk about, it’s pre production volume.

Looks to me like you are playing the short game and want the coin to be pumped and dumped. If you want to play the speculation game, there are way better coins out there. XRP just isn’t one.

Edited by lll_lll

8 minutes ago, lll_lll said:

Wow, that’s myopic to say the least. Do you know the only reason they stared out with xRapid for the likes of WU and MG was because there wasn’t enough liquidity for the corporate customers? Do you know that the only reason they are selectively doing certain corridor is because they don’t have liquidity to support many corridors? Do you know that even in those small numbers of corridors the volume would be overwhelmed if WU and MG were to fully adopt xRapid? And the minuscule xRapid volume you talk about, it’s pre production volume.

Looks to me like you are playing the short game and want the coin to be pumped and dumped. If you want to play the speculation game, there are way better coins out there. XRP just isn’t one.

Well said! If you actually sit down and look at the White paper for half of the crappy coins on the market it is a wonder why anyone would throw money at them. 

Based purely on the team and use case there is one clear winner in this space. I have bought one number of occasions and still feel confident that things will turn round, eventually! 

Enjoy your Sunday, go out get some fresh air, if you are going to sell today or tomorrow then do it, if you are going to hold for a year, 2 years or more then by all means, check the price but don't let it control your mood, have fun with friends and family etc. I kind of went off topic here a little but I keep reading very similar comments. 

2 hours ago, xrpmeplease said:

well, are you sure you want to continue to hold such a significant investment in something that is, and will continue to be, stewarded by such a "shady, greedy and disingenuous" bunch? seems like a poor plan, i can see why you'd want to change the subject...

Unlike many I'm not a Brad G is the man peron! I think Vitalik and the crew running the show from MIT and Stanford are prodigies in comparison. I do think Ripple will sign a bank and when they do I expect a price increase. XRP moves so slow if it doesn't I can easily get out and back in at any sign of large movement.  

The use case is real, but the management is not acting as if XRP is the blood of life. They use it like a credit card for cash!

Brad is a business man his best credit is his MBA from Harvard. His undergrad from Kansas meaning he is smart, but couldn't cut the mustard to get into a IVY at 18 years old. This was back when it was easier than it is today. Ripple is run by businessmen and like all people in business their golden parachutes, looking out for number 1, and making sure their bank accounts are taken care of will always be first priority.

Ripple is not a purist company fighting for the greater good hence why they are not loved like many other in crypto.

Edited by Mods_are_tyrants

3 hours ago, xrpmeplease said:

i'm not disagreeing with you (above and your quote below), i'm just saying that if the supply is known and fixed in advance then the evolution of the price will necessarily reflect that...which means in this case price will rise slowly given the relatively high supply...

Ripple's strategy to build liquidity through a wide distribution of their supply rather than a short term focus on price makes sense if the ultimate goal is wide spread use, i.e. adoption...if they want XRP to be the base element of the IoV, getting it out there, actually being used, is most important...further, their strategy of starting with it being used to facilitate smaller payments for the WU's of the world, and building towards larger scale payments for Banks over time, allows for price to remain relatively low and XRP to still be of use...escrow is just a nod towards helping with stability of the price element of the equation since wide distribution with no price to speak of at all renders the whole exercise meaningless...

so price, in this instance, is about short term pain (could be a few more years, who knows) for long term gain since the known supply, within the marketplace as it currently exists, dictates it...that's all i'm saying, and it seemed relevant to point it out in light of your (persistent) comments that SUPPLY matters...sure it does, but get over it or buy another coin if short term price is your main concern...

Short term price isn’t my concern. I’ve stated that multiple times. I’m simply providing an explanation for those who don’t understand why the price is going down despite all the news. Plus, refuting those - not you - who claim supply doesn’t affect price at all. 

1 hour ago, lll_lll said:

Really? You think 200-1 billion a day in volume isn't enough when each xrp is divisible by 1 million. There is more than enough to go around there are just no big takers we can agree to disagree.

38 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Unlike many I'm not a Brad G is the man peron! I think Vitalik and the crew running the show from MIT and Stanford are prodigies in comparison. I do think Ripple will sign a bank and when they do I expect a price increase. XRP moves so slow if it doesn't I can easily get out and back in at any sign of large movement.  

The use case is real, but the management is not acting as if XRP is the blood of life. They use it like a credit card for cash!

Brad is a business man his best credit is his MBA from Harvard. His undergrad from Kansas meaning he is smart, but couldn't cut the mustard to get into a IVY at 18 years old. This was back when it was easier than it is today. Ripple is run by businessmen and like all people in business their golden parachutes, looking out for number 1, and making sure their bank accounts are taken care of will always be first priority.

Ripple is not a purist company fighting for the greater good hence why they are not loved like many other in crypto.

Max! wondered where you went...hope you are well and your bunker is well stocked for the "reset"!