11 minutes ago, Spartaksus said:

Based on my calculation the average OTC price is in the range $0.05 - 0.12. But of course I am just an internet stranger and I can be wrong. :unknown:

I would be very surprised if you were correct.  How do you arrive at that figure?

2 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I would be very surprised if you were correct.  How do you arrive at that figure?

From quaterly reports - I compared how much they earned from institutional direct sales vs xrps released from escrow.

2 minutes ago, Spartaksus said:

From quaterly reports - I compared how much they earned from institutional direct sales vs xrps released from escrow.

Hmm...  that sounds reasonable.  It’s way different than what I have always thought,  and argued,  and had statements from Ripple confirming.  (That Ripple rarely sell OTC at anything other than Market price)

It something worth looking into further.  Not convinced yet,  but you have me intrigued.

26 minutes ago, Spartaksus said:

Based on my calculation the average OTC price is in the range $0.05 - 0.12. But of course I am just an internet stranger and I can be wrong. :unknown:

Oh hang on...  did you say released from escrow?  Did you subtract the XRP that go back in?

7 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Oh hang on...  did you say released from escrow?  Did you subtract the XRP that go back in?

Yes, only the volume which didn´t returned back to escrow. Example for q3: Inst. sales $50M vs 700M xrps from escrow (July 300, Aug 200 and Sept 200M) = $0,07

Edited by Spartaksus

4 minutes ago, Spartaksus said:

Yes, only the volume which didn´t returned back to escrow. Example for q3: Inst. sales $50M vs 700M xrps from escrow (July 300, Aug 200 and Sept 200M) = $0,07

Ah ok...  then I can say with certainty that yes, you are mistaken.  Further in the report it says:

The majority of the unused portion of the 700 million XRP not returned to escrow was being held in operating wallets at the end of the quarter.

8 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

The majority of the unused portion of the 700 million XRP not returned to escrow was being held in operating wallets at the end of the quarter.

I agree. Because of that I used term ,,average price,, Ripple probably doesn´t use the same price for each investor, so some of them can receive XRP for free (Coil, Xpring) and the concept of operating wallets for unused portion of XRPs is known just from the last quater what I know :)

2 minutes ago, Spartaksus said:

I agree. Because of that I used term ,,average price,, Ripple probably doesn´t use the same price for each investor, so some of them can receive XRP for free (Coil, Xpring) and the concept of operating wallets for unused portion of XRPs is known just from the last quater what I know :)

So I’m a bit confused...  are you agreeing that your OTC price was incorrect (and massively too low)?   Btw...  they, and every other large player,  have always used “operating wallets”.

And I also disagree on your “probably doesn’t use same price for each investor” since they have more than once said it’s sold at market rate.

10 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

they have more than once said it’s sold at market rate

I simply don´t believe in it (and especially not after CMC calculation fail). They had to incentivize them with cheaper price otherwise what would be the reason to use OTC (and being under restrictions coming from agreement) and don´t buy from exchange?

1 hour ago, Spartaksus said:

They had to incentivize them with cheaper price otherwise what would be the reason to use OTC (and being under restrictions coming from agreement) and don´t buy from exchange?

For the same reason that all large purchasers would prefer OTC.  To avoid slippage.  

Sorry mate but your calcs and assumptions are incorrect.