10 hours ago, Zerp_Legend said:

There were rumours that the 5 Billion transaction from a while ago was for them . That’s what ripple owed them if I remember correctly 

Indeed. And it looks that R3 is now actively pursuing their part of the deal, making the use of XRP available to their partners for settlement. We can be quite certain a substantial amount of XRP has changed hands, in a deal that is advantageous to both parties, as well as to holders of XRP.

Happy New Year to all,

2019 has got off to a start with 800m being re-escrowed from the the Dec release (5th time in a row that 200m has been sold/used during the month).

The only unusual thing to report is that 10x2 accounts have been filled (500m each making 10B in total) and a new account has been started for the next set of payments.

image.thumb.png.77d09ea4fb66ff0d2caa45e5bee0ddaa.png

4 hours ago, jbjnr said:

Happy New Year to all,

2019 has got off to a start with 800m being re-escrowed from the the Dec release (5th time in a row that 200m has been sold/used during the month).

The only unusual thing to report is that 10x2 accounts have been filled (500m each making 10B in total) and a new account has been started for the next set of payments.

image.thumb.png.77d09ea4fb66ff0d2caa45e5bee0ddaa.png

Cool, what do you think it could mean? 

I am curious as to where they are getting the extra XRP to sell and how much of it they have. Looking at the difference between Jan 1 2017 and Jan 1 2018, it looks like more than 2B XRP has entered into circulation while looking at the re-escrowed amount, only 1.7B XRP were released at the same time. Also, we are not seeing a significant increase in the amount of XRP entering circulation. In Jan 3 2016, it was 36B, in Jan 1 2017 it was 38B and currently it is 40B. I was expecting this to increase significantly recently with significant increase in volume. Maybe increase in price is contributing to the less sales of XRP.

From the numbers I'm seeing in the circulating supply, at least 70% on average is going back into escrow. Supply is still greater than demand in OTC so I don't expect any jumps in price.

On 1/1/2019 at 4:46 PM, lll_lll said:

I am curious as to where they are getting the extra XRP to sell and how much of it they have. Looking at the difference between Jan 1 2017 and Jan 1 2018, it looks like more than 2B XRP has entered into circulation while looking at the re-escrowed amount, only 1.7B XRP were released at the same time. Also, we are not seeing a significant increase in the amount of XRP entering circulation. In Jan 3 2016, it was 36B, in Jan 1 2017 it was 38B and currently it is 40B. I was expecting this to increase significantly recently with significant increase in volume. Maybe increase in price is contributing to the less sales of XRP.

Looks like 41B now. Perhaps the sales will xrapidly increase 🤓

3 hours ago, jbjnr said:

The remains from February have been re-escrowed and it's a surprise. Only 600m has been put back under lock and key. We can't jump for joy that sales are going up just yet, as in the past they have done a second escrow a few days after the first, but this represents a change in pattern and it can't be a bad thing (for the last 6 months, 800m has bee re-escrowed). It looks like distribution is increasing - it might be a result of overall volume increases recently and daily sales going up correspondingly, but looking at the total transfers for Q1 so far on the daily sales, there is only 118m in my total column, so it does look like there are some private sales/distribution going through. (Recent stuff like listing on coinbase etc might have been responsible for some large purchases). Let's hope that this indicates an upswing in activity that is maintained long term.

image.thumb.png.18316c0a64a3799ec1de8208d4b245bb.png

EDIT : 118m in $$$ for Q1 2019, but total transfers from wallets is 300m xrp and the wallets that do daily transfers to exchanges are up by about 50m xrp by the looks of things, so daily sales can account for approx 50m and the rest is somewhere else. I'll do the numbers a bit more thoroughly later.

Excellent work.  From 2-400 in one quarter looks a bit too good to be true, so lets take it with a pinch of salt until we hear March figures.

I presume those daily sales would be linked to top up demand from existing customers (exchanges, banks on Ripplenet?)?  If so that might be good indicator of usage amongst this group going up?

On 12/8/2018 at 12:16 PM, lucky said:

Indeed. And it looks that R3 is now actively pursuing their part of the deal, making the use of XRP available to their partners for settlement. We can be quite certain a substantial amount of XRP has changed hands, in a deal that is advantageous to both parties, as well as to holders of XRP.

How can we be sure, Ripple's website doesn't reflect a change in ownership of 5B:

https://ripple.com/xrp/market-performance/

4 hours ago, DannyRipple said:

Addition of 90 million to circulating supply. Can’t wait till we’re at 50+B

The best time to jump in to the XRP wagon is when the circulating supply reach 95bio XRP. Which if the price is still 30 cents the market cap will be around 28 bio USD. That's the time to pump. But, now, we're still 5 years early.