lucid99

What's your investment strategy?

There's a lot of talk about investing only the responsible amount but I think that spread is different person to person. So I'm curious - what percentage of your investments are in crypto? Or what percentage of your net worth is in crypto? ...and how comfortable are you feeling right now?

Ive put approximately 2.5% of my investments in crypto which is about 1% of my net worth. 

I've also decide to continue to invest at that rate because as the market fluctuates so does opportunity.

DA 3% of net.

XRP 78%

EDIT:

I have made DA higher now though...every month i put 20-40% on Digital Assets :)

Edited by RTKen

I have ~10% of my investments in crypto. ~90% of my crypto investments is XRP. I’m at a point where I feel uncomfortable investing more in crypto. XRP has a real use case and all, which I believe will be big, but I guess I don’t have the balls of some of the guys on this forum who are 100% in on XRP. I feel better spreading my investments. I will envy your Lambos though if XRP moons ;)

20 minutes ago, MegaR80 said:

I have ~10% of my investments in crypto. ~90% of my crypto investments is XRP. I’m at a point where I feel uncomfortable investing more in crypto. XRP has a real use case and all, which I believe will be big, but I guess I don’t have the balls of some of the guys on this forum who are 100% in on XRP. I feel better spreading my investments. I will envy your Lambos though if XRP moons ;)

Thats good...invest the way feel comfortable for you...I like your way :)

About 1% of net worth, don’t invest what you can’t afford to loose (especially) in crypto. Finished buying now, time to hodl, review at end of 2019. Hodle for six years unless it goes over $100 during that time sell all at that point. Forget about crypto and enjoy my retirement. Or......

People have always said don't invest what you can't afford to lose. I remember my grandpa said that for years, and he was always extremely hesitant to give investment advice. In fact, he wouldn't. He wouldn't take the liability of suggesting an investment upon himself. 

Twenty years later, I'm less certain of this approach than ever. I'm not even sure what it truly means to most people.

Can I make my monthly mortgage/rent/utility bills etc with this level of investment? then you're ok. if not, then that's what you can't afford to lose. 

Do I need to eat out once less per month? Do I need to buy 1/2 price clothes instead of $200 jeans? then I'm probably investing the right amount. 

I have around 40% of my net worth in digital assets. After selling my BTC, I am now 100% XRP.

I also put around 50% into real estate and the rest is just cash.

I am only 31 and currently falling into top 0.1% of population in my country in terms of salary, so that thanks to the decent cash flow, I am able to take more risk when it comes to investments, hence the 40% in digital assets.

I am planning to quit my job next year though, so I actually rely on success of Ripple and XRP quite a lot. 

7 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

People have always said don't invest what you can't afford to lose. I remember my grandpa said that for years, and he was always extremely hesitant to give investment advice. In fact, he wouldn't. He wouldn't take the liability of suggesting an investment upon himself. 

Twenty years later, I'm less certain of this approach than ever. I'm not even sure what it truly means to most people.

Can I make my monthly mortgage/rent/utility bills etc with this level of investment? then you're ok. if not, then that's what you can't afford to lose. 

Do I need to eat out once less per month? Do I need to buy 1/2 price clothes instead of $200 jeans? then I'm probably investing the right amount. 

Yeah, the definition of “afford” is key. Sure, I can sell my house and belongings and live in a tent to get more cash to buy XRP. But the emotional cost would be too high even if it’s financially affordable. 

If “what you can afford” means investing (part of) the available cash after expenses are paid each month, that’s the way to go IMO. Investing monthly is also a nice way to make sure you’re not buying at the peak.

I think your post is spot on, cut some unnecessary expenses if you want to invest more. 

Last year my Financial advisor was completely dismissive of my interest in bitcoin. Of course I was hesitant to buy them, lol. That was a mistake. I had the funds to make a a lot of money. So I slowly bought in using Coinbase, I wanted to buy XRP, but could not get signed up to an exchange. Kraken was worthless, Bitstamp I believe took months to verify finally I found Evercoin. Bought XRP watched it moon in Jan. And the crash. Sold all at a small loss. Now buying on binance/Coinbase. Have a big bag of XRP but of course I bought most of at 1$ !!! DCA is 84cents. Been buying through dips. 

Got a few k in. Not looking to be a millionaire, enough to clear all my debts and a nice downpayment on a house would be more than enough for me.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, LamboToTheMoon said:

Got a few k in. Not looking to be a millionaire, enough to clear all my debts and a nice downpayment on a house would be more than enough for me.

In a few years "a few K" might be a few hundred K and enough to pay for a house!