Sign in to follow this  
karlos

Poll: What do you think about the new Interledger Protocol?

What do you think about the new interledger protocol?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the news has been released about the ILP, how do you feel about it?

• Dont care
    • Dislike it
    • Mildly concerned
    • I need more time to study it
    • Cautiously optimistic
    • Quite impressed
    • It's incredible!

Like it – I think it will bring value to the RCL over time. Banks have to hide their private business and be audited privately too. Too much is at risk to put everything public. The money will still flow through RCL as and when needed, except that the original source is masked, that's all, and a third party transacts on behalf of private clients.

I must say I'm concerned about a new ledger being created. It's pretty obvious banks don't want a protocol with a cryptocurrency in it. They want the "blockchain" without the coin. Ripple has listened to them and that's why they created ILP. I hate to say it, but I keep thinking about Kite's words of wisdom from the old days. What we need is an open protocol, with our valuable little token, on a mobile money network (ex. bKash, Mpesa) in a developing country.

Edited by anotherscott

I must say I'm concerned about a new ledger being created. It's pretty obvious banks don't want a protocol with a cryptocurrency in it. They want the "blockchain" without the coin. Ripple has listened to them and that's why they created ILP. I hate to say it, but I keep thinking about Kite's words of wisdom from the old days. What we need is an open protocol, with our valuable little token, on a mobile money network (ex. bKash, Mpesa) in a developing country.

We can still have it with the original Ripple ledger, but yeh it feels like it might take a backseat for now