Last three tweets from western union

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And one from @BankXRP      

Banks will be replaced by apps, looks like Western Union wants to pivot itself as such app. Things are starting to make a lot of sense.

Ok, you can assume three posts in a row that happen to all be about ripple’s of water by Western Union (known to be testing XRP, working with Ripple since 2015, launching 0 cost cross-border transacti

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Quintree said:

It looks like it. I deposited a check yesterday by simply signing the back and taking a picture with my phone using the bank's deposit app. No need for a teller at all.

You're still routing money through the bank.  The bank benefits from not needing brick-and-mortar locations anymore.

Think further, where you can instantly send/deposit and settle money between people based purely on the xrp ledger.  It will be great.

Edited by aye-epp
s/intalled/instantly

This is exactly what the start of a marketing campaign looks like. I've been involved with many that begin in a similar way. It is meant to grab the attention of your customers to try and build up some intrigue. I don't particularly care for the strategy when it comes to financial institutions because people don't actively follow new news as it pertains to them with a high level of anticipation and focus.

However, it is a technique a hired marketing consultant would think to use in the days leading up to a main campaign about a new product or service. It is just common practice. I see these tweets by WU as exactly this. Not much effect, but something they do none the less because it is common practice. An announcement and significant news will come shortly within the next week or two imo

4 hours ago, aye-epp said:

You're still routing money through the bank.  The bank benefits from not needing brick-and-mortar locations anymore.

Think further, where you can installed send/deposit and settle money between people based purely on the xrp ledger.  It will be great.

I think this has a good chance of happening. 

I think its a little outlandish to think WU is "communicating with us" through adverts. There are no subliminal messages here.

I would say though that its entirely reasonable to think that this is the start of a new marketing campaign that coincides with A) XRP integration being complete and B ) a formal decision to rollout said integration following successful pilots.

Will there be a formal announcement from Ripple? Hopefully. Will we see it regardless if its true via wallet / volume activity? Probably. 

Why all the skepticism?

As Tehol already mentioned, we know WU have been working with Ripple for years and have been testing xRapid this year. If they're moving ahead, they have to go live sometime. And there won't necessarily be an official announcement when that happens.

Maybe this is the start of it, maybe not. But sheesh....clasping at straws? Far fetched? If you don't believe this is going to happen, your time might be better spent over on r/bitcoin or one of those other no-utility coin sites.