Coming back to say Hello

5 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I responded to your post in this thread, not your entire post history.    If someone says "XRP will hit $500!!1!!!" that's their opinion. That person is not responsible for other people's decisions.  Equally, some people are saying "XRP will fall to 10c!!!"  or "XRP will fail, banks will use their own blockchain!!" - again, their opinion.  As many opinions as there are people. If I sell my XRP based on some bearish opinion, is the opinion holder responsible for my selling? No, I am.  In my reply to you, I used your logic and I said your own opinion could be deemed dangerous as you give a bearish outlook on XRP when it's already crashed so far already.  We know tempting it is for people to sell low as they feel prices will fall "forever".  Personally, more power to you or anyone to voice their opinion.  You are 100% entitled to your opinion, and I am 100% entitled to mine.  Neither of us are responsbible for other people's decisions.  Also, we can't cherry pick who can speak and who cannot (providing they are being civil, which is a reasonable condition). IF we think our words are somehow responsible for the future actions of other people, then we should not speak at all.  Clearly, that is ridiculous.  If someone said to you "hey, I sold my XRP because I deemed your post very bearish, but now the price has rebounded to $2 - I feel like you cost me a lot of money!" - you would rightfully tell that person to get lost. You see that, right? So how is that different to the opposite where you get a thread full of ridiculously bullish predictions on XRP.    If people honestly base their financial decisions on guys bantering on a random messageboard, they are likely doomed anyway. 

I respect your opinion and the logic.  Will do my best to address this tomorrow. 

Edited by Spekul8
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh my sides... You come back to warn others 3 months into a bear market when XRP has lost 90% of its value? If you truly meant what you said, you'd have warned people when the price was exploding

I'm happy that the OP was able to invest in XRP and have the will power to hold long enough to make a nice profit.  Good for him! What I don't like is being warned about my attitude when it comes

About one year ago, I left this forum and said my goodbyes. This was the best decision I have made for myself and this community.  I left for two reasons:  1) The community has become Euphoric with

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Spekul8 said:

ok, so please let's have a discussion.  What do these whales do?  Let's have your definition of a whale and how they affect prices.  Let's hear your theory of this "secret society". 

So you think the mt gox trustee who sold 400 million in btc had no effect on the market?...... as the easiest example.

@speku8

thanks for coming back to post i love reading posts from the veterans here very informative and the reason i got interested in xrp and ripple couple years back, great community

to all hodlers

crypto is a market like any other when emerging, people take for granted spectacular returns as normal, this year crypto is maturing and i believe the next run up might not be so volatile as in the past, that being said i think xrp still has a way to go the next run up will have to be based on solid use by one of the partners announced sbi western unioin etc, no matter the investment or market best rule of thumb always take profit when you can scale into and out of a position its not all or nothing.

16 minutes ago, XENO777 said:

So you think the mt gox trustee who sold 400 million in btc had no effect on the market?...... as the easiest example.

A trustee is not a "Whale", it is someone who is interested in covering his/her legal bills. They do not have the intention of owning the underlying asset. 

Yes, I do believe that $400M would affect the price if done in a short time span. 

19 minutes ago, Spekul8 said:

A trustee is not a "Whale", it is someone who is interested in covering his/her legal bills. They do not have the intention of owning the underlying asset. 

Yes, I do believe that $400M would affect the price if done in a short time span. 

Ok now .... it was done in a short time span, and do you not think it would be fair to say that nevermind the fact he had to do it to cover legal obligations, 

since he knew he was going to do it he prolly shorted the hell out of it to make money on the back end? Then also it would be fair to say he was already a rich man do to being involved in btc from the early days and prolly has large personal stash of his own and sold that too and since btc brings everything down sold any large holdings of alts too... only to buy back after the crash?

then the cherry on top... do you not think he told his large hodling whale friends to do the same?

there is no market rules or laws right now, no repercussions..... this is going on all the time.... big hodling rich friends have other big hodling rich friends and they tip each other off and make more money on the back end. 

Ive seen interviews with some of the people that got into btc in the early days and have huge hodlings and they say they do it and that it goes on and they laugh about it.... they dont care 

42 minutes ago, XENO777 said:

Ok now .... it was done in a short time span, and do you not think it would be fair to say that nevermind the fact he had to do it to cover legal obligations, 

since he knew he was going to do it he prolly shorted the hell out of it to make money on the back end? Then also it would be fair to say he was already a rich man do to being involved in btc from the early days and prolly has large personal stash of his own and sold that too and since btc brings everything down sold any large holdings of alts too... only to buy back after the crash?

then the cherry on top... do you not think he told his large hodling whale friends to do the same?

there is no market rules or laws right now, no repercussions..... this is going on all the time.... big hodling rich friends have other big hodling rich friends and they tip each other off and make more money on the back end. 

Ive seen interviews with some of the people that got into btc in the early days and have huge hodlings and they say they do it and that it goes on and they laugh about it.... they dont care 

The first idea we should stop doing here is fabricating facts "I've seen interviews". No, you didn't. ANYONE who sells an asset like BTC risks the chance of not buying it back in at a cheaper price. 

Second, the sale of BTC as a result of Mt.GOX was public information for months upon months. The sale of any bankrupt entity eventually go through a trustee and the assets are sold.  You could have taken advantage of this information as well. 

It's anyone's guess as to what they think XRP will be worth per coin at some point in the future.  Magical prices of 589 abound these threads.  Who really knows?

Only the coins that will be used will survive - the coins whose blockchains are being actually used by customers, businesses, people, FIs etc will survive.  There is so much fluff and BS in this market that it is just ridiculous frankly.  

I think, as many do here, that XRP will be one of those that does survive the long run.  Ripple will survive with their current business model, and they do have a significant interest in XRP surviving.  But the only way XRPs price will appreciate is with real demand by these FIs/businesses and institutional investments etc.  Individuals like us are not going to prop this price to a sustained amount beyond 2-3 dollars per XRP.  It's true, all that price was FOMO in late Dec/Jan when idiot TV anchors are describing to the masses how to buy the next "bitcoin" on their mainstream shows.  A lot of people got burned by those idiots.

Currently BTC takes the prize, but that wont last in the long run.  BTC has the biggest market, and provides the liquidity for the majority of this speculation in altcoins.

If XRPs demand significantly increases above it's demand today, via business/FI holdings or liquidity providers to power the "internet of value" we will see a significant increase in the fiat price of each XRP - simple economics.  What price that is - is is anyone's guess.  Maybe it's at $5 in 2019, maybe its $100, who knows.  Question is what are your exit points along the way while you are alive and well and able to make decisions based on the data you are receiving from the markets...maybe you have decided your exit is death with a will to your next of kin - thats an exit too, and they will realize that value - whatever it is at that point.

1 hour ago, Spekul8 said:

The first idea we should stop doing here is fabricating facts "I've seen interviews". No, you didn't. ANYONE who sells an asset like BTC risks the chance of not buying it back in at a cheaper price. 

Second, the sale of BTC as a result of Mt.GOX was public information for months upon months. The sale of any bankrupt entity eventually go through a trustee and the assets are sold.  You could have taken advantage of this information as well. 

Not trying to argue with you, please dont accuse me of fabricating anything, i did not and i did hear these things....the mt gox thing is just an example there is stuff like that that goes on that is not public knowlege, same as wall st and stocks....

i wish you well with your methods and i hope we both make money in our own ways...:drinks:

Ohh the innocence. 

''There are no whales''. Yeah right and crypto is definitely a fair, regulated market, driven by utility where the best coins come on top and certainly not driven by emotion, greed and despair. /s

There is clear evidence that, in fact, whales do exist. Go to a random exchange and look at the buy/sell orders. You can literally see the bots working for the whales. Did you really think that in this unregulated market whale cartels don't exist? Think again.

Edited by TheXRPNinja
1 hour ago, Spekul8 said:

It’s a fact that most of the BTC available is owned by a relatively small number of people. That’s a perfect breeding ground for manipulation of the price by those people in an unregulated market. To think otherwise is naive to an almost kindergarten level. Congratulations on making money in the New Year, but people will still call you out for naive opinions.

5 minutes ago, djdhrubs said:

It’s a fact that most of the BTC available is owned by a relatively small number of people. That’s a perfect breeding ground for manipulation of the price by those people in an unregulated market. To think otherwise is naive to an almost kindergarten level. Congratulations on making money in the New Year, but people will still call you out for naive opinions.

So please explain the process of "manipulation". Always open-minded to ideas to upgrade myself from Kindergarten. Moreover, please explain how the crypto market is different from any other market and how this manipulation stopped you from making money. 

2 minutes ago, Spekul8 said:

So please explain the process of "manipulation". Always open-minded to ideas to upgrade myself from Kindergarten. Moreover, please explain how the crypto market is different from any other market and how this manipulation stopped you from making money. 

Just read the posts above mine mate. Good luck. :)

8 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

David was also the guy that he did not understand why the price went to 40 cents a year ago because nothing major happened in the company.  I wish I could find that twit/comment. Guys like David should develop, not be a PR social media machine. Let the prices talk about success. 

Actually I think it's great he's not pretending to understand price movements at this stage where it's all speculation.

My point is Ripple has made it clear they're after a healthy XRP ecosystem (BG's words) and wouldn't "be happy with XRP priced at $0.50 for 10 years". The higher the value of XRP, the higher they can aim.

I'm also fine with his activity in social media. The guy is mostly answering technical questions and educating people on Internet Of Value, far from PR stuff.

23 hours ago, Gepster said:

dude GTFO.   Your the first person i blocked and now you still show up on my timeline?

BTW: You are not worthy of the nickname D.B. Cooper. He is a legend and you are just a IQ70 troll.

So, this is your attempt at  communicating without cartoons and videos?   I'm guessing you aren't bringing the noodle salad to the Mensa picnic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.