Sign in to follow this  
mariusthegreat

Has anyone considered Bitcoin futures for price suppression..?

So the price is up the price is down, down and ahhh more down. 

But as I am sure most are aware of in here, Bitcoin futures have been showing its power over Bitcoin with the decreasing/depressed price of BTC.

I found this interesting read about BTC and CME-options cartels. It is a good read if you have time and also makes quite a lot of sense seeing as (at present) the price of XRP is intrinsically linked to BTC as are all other Crypto Assets (apart from USDT).

https://medium.com/@super.crypto1/4th-dimension-bitcoin-manipulation-cartel-can-it-be-burnt-no-way-c53de65c166a

To me it makes a whole lot of sense - and a bit more of a realistic argument to the "whale" argument..

Happy Easter :)

Besides  all conspiracy theories around whales, price suppression , aliens running bitcoins, there is no volume base on Chicago exchange on futures to support it.

said this before, it is the media playing futures, but zero foundation for a big short in what form. So yes it happens around futures dates, but not trough the futures itself.

9 hours ago, mariusthegreat said:

So the price is up the price is down, down and ahhh more down. 

But as I am sure most are aware of in here, Bitcoin futures have been showing its power over Bitcoin with the decreasing/depressed price of BTC.

I found this interesting read about BTC and CME-options cartels. It is a good read if you have time and also makes quite a lot of sense seeing as (at present) the price of XRP is intrinsically linked to BTC as are all other Crypto Assets (apart from USDT).

https://medium.com/@super.crypto1/4th-dimension-bitcoin-manipulation-cartel-can-it-be-burnt-no-way-c53de65c166a

To me it makes a whole lot of sense - and a bit more of a realistic argument to the "whale" argument..

Happy Easter :)

Well earlier whales could make money only on the exchange spot market by selling large positions, now they can use their large selling power to push down prices while going short bitcoin futures. Market manipulation meets Leverage.

Which also begs the question, are the Largest holder of Bitcoins secretly in the U.S and are influential enough to get bitcoin futures planned out within a month before the meteoric rise to 20K?

Which in turn begs the question, Is the King among them- See's regulation coming and backs Ripples Labs  getting them the right infrastructure/network to go global in 2017 as a hedge against possible regulatory backlash.

Edited by Jackdarippler

7 hours ago, CryptoGerrie said:

Besides  all conspiracy theories around whales, price suppression , aliens running bitcoins, there is no volume base on Chicago exchange on futures to support it.

said this before, it is the media playing futures, but zero foundation for a big short in what form. So yes it happens around futures dates, but not trough the futures itself.

Hey now...aliens use the Spockcoin on the Nimble exchange, didn't you know? 

I think the timing is too coincidental.

1 minute ago, Jackdarippler said:

Well earlier whales could make money only on the exchange spot market, now they can use their large selling power to push down prices while going short bitcoin futures. Market manipulation meets Leverage.

Which also begs the question, are the Largest holder of Bitcoins secretly in the U.S and is influential enough to get bitcoin futures planned out within a month before the meteoric rise to 20K?

Or...are banks planning to crush BTC? 

1 minute ago, CryptoGerrie said:

The whole crypto market is "Highly Illogical"

What is the saying? The most obvious answer is usually the correct one...

The timing of BTC's fall is way too coincidental for me. But then again, I am an avid member of the Tinfoil Hat Club, so there's that. :crazy:

Just now, DrWhoAmI said:

What is the saying? The most obvious answer is usually the correct one...

The timing of BTC's fall is way too coincidental for me. But then again, I am an avid member of the Tinfoil Hat Club, so there's that. :crazy:

I don't follow. It goes like 20x in a year, why wouldn't it then correct? What makes the timing suspect to you?

1 minute ago, corak said:

I don't follow. It goes like 20x in a year, why wouldn't it then correct? What makes the timing suspect to you?

It's the way it crashes right around the time the futures expire. I think this year BTC will see a lot less growth since the futures started. But time will tell if I'm simply a moron or not. 

Just now, DrWhoAmI said:

It's the way it crashes right around the time the futures expire. I think this year BTC will see a lot less growth since the futures started. But time will tell if I'm simply a moron or not. 

exactly! futures trading started (i think), on the 10th of dec., so a lot of people were also shorting before the inevitable bear market which has taken place at the start of every new year*

*bitcoin's low for the entire year has always been in january for the last 4-5 years.

Y

3 minutes ago, zerocool said:

exactly! futures trading started (i think), on the 10th of dec., so a lot of people were also shorting before the inevitable bear market which has taken place at the start of every new year*

*bitcoin's low for the entire year has always been in january for the last 4-5 years.

It is about the expiration not trading date and mind you the Future market is highly regulated. No volume to support any big short... Yes it is weird and I do agree with @DrWhoAmI that it is too much of a coincidence. But I think it has to do with the weak hands of a lot of BTC holders, that realize the 1M target from Mcaffee and others might not happen soon if ever. With that in mind a little spark can ignite a chain reaction. And the futures sounds easy to understand for the BTC holders. Wallstreet and evil banks shorting the whole thing. But for me, this is real BS, as the volumes don't support any of it. 

@DrWhoAmI , The TFHG is to much fun!! 

1 hour ago, DrWhoAmI said:

Or...are banks planning to crush BTC? 

I do not think its in their best interest to crush BTC, it will be their golden goose for a few years due to its network effect (which holds its only intrinsic value). Perhaps they will crush BTC once XRP's use case and adoption is undeniable.

Until this space remains a Bubble all assets are a tool to steal money from amateur retail investors through market manipulation, regulation will help weed out the non-performers and in general be a factor that will be taken into consideration seriously by future investors (They will be millions of them in the coming few years)

Note: By banks i mean Investment Banks, FI's and Hedge Funds. I do not think Retail Banks care much about Crypto, they are too conservative and try to focus on their bottom line. However they are worried about their Cross-Border Payments Business being disrupted by Blockchain and will flock towards a Bank friendly Xcurrent/ Xrapid, might even create some FOMO in their Home countries towards XRP, by promoting their new improved faster/cheaper remittance business.

Edited by Jackdarippler

7 hours ago, PG1 said:

Check out this article from December.  The second half gets interesting.  He predicted that futures would drop the market which would bottom out around mid April:

https://medium.com/swlh/will-the-futures-market-do-to-bitcoin-what-it-did-to-gold-b7d35704641

And it never happened.... i like to believe the bull run in April!! But nothing to do with futures

Sign in to follow this