Haha where are the hodlers now

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol. I'll hold, thanks. 

OMG - Thank you so much for coming on here and sharing your thoughts. I was hodling like a right idiot, then I saw your post, by you, so well informed and rich. So rich, you have the time to just trol

Just fyi, everyone who said to sell was right. Doesn't matter, still hodling. The risk of missing the spike outweighs the loss of prolonged bear market to me even now. Xrp is either gonna buy me a hou

• 3 months later...

@Sceptic seen a few accounts which have mentioned holding to the end, have now been deactivated....

Things are not too rosy these days.

A lot better of people in this thread mentioning 2020 as the big year, could see more account fall by the wayside..

Well just goes to show, no one should ever predict a totally corrupt and manipulated sphere (won’t call this a market, that’s disrespectful to the theory).

TA is the absolute worst as well. How people think they can predict movements of things (won’t call them assets because they are down right manipulated liabilities), is beyond a joke also.

Question is: Who has 2020 as their exit year? 

Surely people do have piece-of-string holding strategy..? 

1 hour ago, mariusthegreat said:

@Sceptic seen a few accounts which have mentioned holding to the end, have now been deactivated....

A lot better of people in this thread mentioning 2020 as the big year, could see more account fall by the wayside..

Well just goes to show, no one should ever predict a totally corrupt and manipulated sphere (won’t call this a market, that’s disrespectful to the theory).

TA is the absolute worst as well. How people think they can predict movements of things (won’t call them assets because they are down right manipulated liabilities), is beyond a joke also.

I started buying XRP mid 2017 and said to myself that it was a 3-5 year investment. I know the price today is not what we would expect but Ripple is expanding and since using XRP is part of their strategy for ODL I still have confidence in my investment. I will therefore not exit this year already.

15 minutes ago, FVM said:

I started buying XRP mid 2017 and said to myself that it was a 3-5 year investment. I know the price today is not what we would expect but Ripple is expanding and since using XRP is part of their strategy for ODL I still have confidence in my investment. I will therefore not exit this year already.

Yep, seems like the 3-5 year range is the average. 

I think the whole Covid-19 issue plus the impending economic crises the world will face could either set things back even more or could help speed things up? 

Its interesting to read back over people who have mentioned to hold for a long time then you see they have left the space. You cannot blame then as everyone has different time horizons.

47 minutes ago, mariusthegreat said:

Yep, seems like the 3-5 year range is the average. 

I think the whole Covid-19 issue plus the impending economic crises the world will face could either set things back even more or could help speed things up? 

Its interesting to read back over people who have mentioned to hold for a long time then you see they have left the space. You cannot blame then as everyone has different time horizons.

My personal expectation is that it slows down, especially the development of laws and regulations that are required for crypto. Many organizations also cut on their investments currently. Time will tell.

4 hours ago, mariusthegreat said:

You answer your own question- this is a manipulated and corrupt market.  The price movements obey no rules, so we are guessing blind.  Price movements mean nothing (they don't bother me).

The corruption and manipulation will come to an end as the markets become regulated and more interesting to far sighted institutional and private investors, as this happens XRP will gain traction because it is the only crypto that is really ahead of the game in terms of providing proven and tested solutions that increase market efficiencies.

I am 68 on Thursday and I really do not feel impatient or disappointed with 2017 - 2020.  ODL looks to me to be going very well and I expect my 70s to be a golden period of my life when I will be rich and hopefully remain healthy enough to achieve many ambitions in what has been a lucky life.   I do not really understand this impatience.   You lot have decades head of you to enjoy the fruits of being very early investors in a technology that is going to radically change the world (like Telecoms changed the world in the 90s - 20s).

invested right before the 2017 bullrun, around sep 2017, after not exiting the bullrun profits in early 2018, i told myself this is a 3 to 5 years hold, and more inclined to 3 years.

full 2018 passed, so does full 2019, without realizing it's almost half way into 2020 now, time seriously flies, by end of this year will mark the so called 3 years.

im with the fella posted on 29 Dec 2019 in this thread, just wait, if it happens it happens, speed up the wealth to retirement level, or not, quite simple actually, provided that you dont need the money you invested.

at this point im beyond numb after seeing price getting hit over and over and over, been buying all the way down thinking im getting bargains, to the point i refuse to add more nowadays when the price truly lingers at the bottom. looking back now i wonder how i managed to be so motivated to buy xrp using a sizable portion of my paycheck every month without hesitation, i even took out a small loan to insure myself in case a bull run happens so i will have a big enough bag, i was eager to get a bigger loan amount but it's hard to get it without long track record of credit history, banks are such a jerk, despite i have a very good salary, im glad i was unable to take a bigger loan by fate.

that said, im only down 50% compared to a lot other more unfortunate folks at 70% and above.

40 minutes ago, Sihtegroftnod said:

Why would you bring back this dead thread?

Because I was bored of “charting XRP” and “Bitcoin flag xxx” threads which are really dull and use crypto voodoo known as TA which is utterly useless in this manipulated and corrupted sphere.

I am intrigued to gauge the general feel of everyone. The time line is also good 2018 - 2020 now. 

If you’re not interested, don’t comment and move on, simple ;) 

34 minutes ago, Jotaro said:

invested right before the 2017 bullrun, around sep 2017, after not exiting the bullrun profits in early 2018, i told myself this is a 3 to 5 years hold, and more inclined to 3 years.

full 2018 passed, so does full 2019, without realizing it's almost half way into 2020 now, time seriously flies, by end of this year will mark the so called 3 years.

im with the fella posted on 29 Dec 2019 in this thread, just wait, if it happens it happens, speed up the wealth to retirement level, or not, quite simple actually, provided that you dont need the money you invested.

at this point im beyond numb after seeing price getting hit over and over and over, been buying all the way down thinking im getting bargains, to the point i refuse to add more nowadays when the price truly lingers at the bottom. looking back now i wonder how i managed to be so motivated to buy xrp using a sizable portion of my paycheck every month without hesitation, i even took out a small loan to insure myself in case a bull run happens so i will have a big enough bag, i was eager to get a bigger loan amount but it's hard to get it without long track record of credit history, banks are such a jerk, despite i have a very good salary, im glad i was unable to take a bigger loan by fate.

that said, im only down 50% compared to a lot other more unfortunate folks at 70% and above.

Risky with the loan / leverage.

Crypto is exciting, good luck 🍀 

10 minutes ago, mariusthegreat said:

Your world was easy

Life is never easy unless you are privileged or wealthy (nearly the same thing). 

Seriously...  any time you make an assessment about a whole generation like that,  you are almost certainly going to be wrong.