[ANN] Allvor: cryptocurrency for e-commerce powered by the XRP Ledger

17 minutes ago, JonHolmquist said:

I'm buying

I must admit to being a naive kid in this matter.....   I have no idea what is really happening.

I'm not at all sure about whether this a good thing or not.  I also don't want to have to go back up the glacier to dig out the secret key for my wallet so I can add a trust line.... :) 

Can you share what you think is happening here and why you are buying with your precious XRP?

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for flagging me down!  Here's what I support without question:  ICOs done on the XRPL.  As long as they are legit ICOs, and conform to regulations, they should be done on the XRPL. 

I'm just excited to see a project use the tutorial I made before. I think that this project could be the start of a lot more companies using the XRP ledger specifically for tokens. How smooth tha

I just want to inform you guys: I have succesfully managed to claim my ALV with TEV's method mentioned above for my Nano Ledger S account. Before, I had to extract before my private key for my Ripple

Posted Images

memes aren't funny explained but here you go:

Jon started the first XRP Ledger ICO called PRX. It wasn't really an ICO as he refunded everyone a few days after.

While making PRX, Jon wrote a guide on how to issue your own currency on the XRP Ledger. After that, even I was able to issue my own currency over xmas :) (never got around to doing anything with it)

Others have issued currencies before, Jed famously issued currencies bearing some nasty words about XRP when he left. But an easy guide on how to make a secure currency was never made until Jon showed us how.

8 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I must admit to being a naive kid in this matter.....   I have no idea what is really happening.

I'm not at all sure about whether this a good thing or not.  I also don't want to have to go back up the glacier to dig out the secret key for my wallet so I can add a trust line.... :) 

Can you share what you think is happening here and why you are buying with your precious XRP?

I'm just excited to see a project use the tutorial I made before.

I think that this project could be the start of a lot more companies using the XRP ledger specifically for tokens. How smooth that airdrop operates as well has be excited for future possibilities as well! Haven't met the team behind this project so I can't speak too strongly for the merits of the project.

1 minute ago, flanman said:

Jon started the first XRP Ledger ICO called PRX. It wasn't really an ICO as he refunded everyone a few days after.

While making PRX, Jon wrote a guide on how to issue your own currency on the XRP Ledger. After that, even I was able to issue my own currency over xmas :) (never got around to doing anything with it)

Others have issued currencies before, Jed famously issued currencies bearing some nasty words about XRP when he left. But an easy guide on how to make a secure currency was never made until Jon showed us how.

Basically this

8 minutes ago, flanman said:

Ah sorry...  I appreciate your detailed reply but I wasn't clear...  I knew about PRX and also had considered issuing Tiny's...  but couldn't think of a use case.   :) 

I was trying to get at why Jon was buying.  I certainly won't spend my precious Zerps on anything until the whole thing is stablized on the moon many years hence....  so I wanted to understand why he was.

7 minutes ago, JonHolmquist said:

I'm just excited to see a project use the tutorial I made before.

Ah thanks...  yeah it's a bit of a thankless task writing reams of text then wondering if it helped anyone.  (Btw I have read it and really appreciated it, thanks.  :good:)

But you must have a crap ton of XRP to consider risking some on a wild speculation.  Once my tiny amounts of fiat became Zerps that was pretty much the end of their travels.   :) 

Regarding ALV....    I hope they are legit and I really welcome experiments in the XRPLedger space.  I also hope they have got some idea of their tax and compliance obligations because I don't want to see any murkiness in XRP waters.

7 hours ago, noucktourno said:

Just posted by the Ledger CTO on Reddit :

Hello guys,
Just to clarify that Ledger CTO, user btchip on Reddit, has no relation with Ripple Company. He is an employee of LedgerWallet:

https://www.ledger.fr/the-people-behind-ledger/nicolas-bacca/ 

What we would like is for them to construct a version of the Ripple wallet that has a basic XRP Ledger functionality like entering a trust line.
They are good and can do this quickly, since the operations are enhanced within the XRP Ledger.
We've already sent a message, but if customers were to ask for it, it might happen faster ...
Thank you!

7 hours ago, ZeeperCreeper said:

Hey, @Allvor.

I have created a trust line to raEQc5krJ2rUXyi6fgmUAf63oAXmF7p6jp as instructed on your webpage.  But when I try to claim the coins, it says I don't have a trust line. It's funny because it's there when I check my account on bithomp.

PS. A trust line can be created offline using Rippex desktop wallet. Just have to upload the transaction file from a connected computer.

Hello,
Please see the value of the trust line, it should be more than 1,000,000, which is the limit of the payment in the distribution program.
Thank you,

11 minutes ago, Allvor said:

Hello guys,
Just to clarify that Ledger CTO, user btchip on Reddit, has no relation with Ripple Company. He is an employee of LedgerWallet:

What we would like is for them to construct a version of the Ripple wallet that has a basic XRP Ledger functionality like entering a trust line.
They are good and can do this quickly, since the operations are enhanced within the XRP Ledger.
We've already sent a message, but if customers were to ask for it, it might happen faster ...
Thank you!

Allvor already helping push XRP Ledger functionality to 3rd parties! :D

Edited by flanman
12 minutes ago, Allvor said:

Hello guys,

Thank you!

does that mean you will wait for them to fix the wallet and keep the possibility for the trustline airdrops open until then? I really dont feel comfortable exposing my ledger to gain coins

As a user of the Ledger Nano S, it looks like I won't be able to claim my 7000+ free Allvor cryptocurrency coins using https://www.theworldexchange.net. I only have the private keys to the XRP addresses on my Ledger Nano S. I do not have the secret keys to my XRP wallet addresses.

The tool I used to reveal my XRP wallet addresses private keys is the BIP39 Tool - which is found here on GitHub: https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39. I used the BIP39 Tool offline. The BIP39 Tool only gives me the private keys to all my XRP wallet addresses, but the BIP39 Tool does not give me the secret keys (that begin with the letter s) to my XRP wallet addresses.

I'm going to email the company that is responsible for the Ledger Nano S and ask them to consider adding the trust line feature to their native Ripple Desktop Wallet software application.

15 minutes ago, NoWorryIAsian said:

does that mean you will wait for them to fix the wallet and keep the possibility for the trustline airdrops open until then? I really dont feel comfortable exposing my ledger to gain coins

Hello NoWorryIAsian,

Unfortunately we can not guarantee this. But if the users demand they can do very fast.

Just now, Allvor said:

Hello NoWorryIAsian,

Unfortunately we can not guarantee this. But if the users demand they can do very fast.

would have been easier if you would have put the snapshot in the future, so people could have moved their xrp to a trustline compatible wallet first

5 minutes ago, NoWorryIAsian said:

would have been easier if you would have put the snapshot in the future, so people could have moved their xrp to a trustline compatible wallet first

would have been easy to exploit that way, just make a bunch of 20xrp wallets and get 5k alv each.