[ANN] Allvor: cryptocurrency for e-commerce powered by the XRP Ledger

17 minutes ago, tev said:

Easily dealt with: Sign the transaction on a computer that's not connected to the internet.

Then transfer it via USB stick or QR code back to an internet-connected computer and broadcast it. Just as straightforward for a trustline as for any other cold wallet transaction. Obviously, you do need to look up your account's current *Sequence* before you start.

Have you done it? On what wallet? I see no option in the Ripplerm wallet for extending a trust line using a transaction blob. AFAICS the command to set a trust line needs to talk to a Rippled server and thus needs to be online. If you know how to do it offline, detailed instructions would be appreciated by many here, I'm sure.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for flagging me down!  Here's what I support without question:  ICOs done on the XRPL.  As long as they are legit ICOs, and conform to regulations, they should be done on the XRPL. 

I'm just excited to see a project use the tutorial I made before. I think that this project could be the start of a lot more companies using the XRP ledger specifically for tokens. How smooth tha

I just want to inform you guys: I have succesfully managed to claim my ALV with TEV's method mentioned above for my Nano Ledger S account. Before, I had to extract before my private key for my Ripple

Posted Images

Just now, Ctrl-Z said:

Oh well, got the vast majority in escrow.

Do you have your xrp escrowed to and from the same wallet?

yes, approx 2/3 of my stash.

Not that ALV is worth much at the minute, but you never know...

Hey, @Allvor.

I have created a trust line to raEQc5krJ2rUXyi6fgmUAf63oAXmF7p6jp as instructed on your webpage.  But when I try to claim the coins, it says I don't have a trust line. It's funny because it's there when I check my account on bithomp.

PS. A trust line can be created offline using Rippex desktop wallet. Just have to upload the transaction file from a connected computer.

34 minutes ago, noucktourno said:

Just posted by the Ledger CTO on Reddit :

The ledger CTO is as ignorant as you guys ?

No wonder there's so much FUD around XRP, nobody knows anything!

Please learn about the XRP Ledger. You're investing in it! You expect it to moon! But you've never traded on it? You've never issued your own currency? You've never used it as a bridge for paying in BTC? 

Take a day off and play around on gatehub, make some trades in strange currencies, and get to know the tech you believe in.

Edited by flanman

So anyway...

i had a ripple wallet with 20 xrp on it after transferring it to my nano

i did the ALV thingy and added a trust line, got 5k ALV

then i removed the trust - nothing happened (it said 'we will convert your balance of ALV to XRP' but it didnt)

then i tried to add the trustline again and now it said 'you need 30 xrp to add another trustline'

weird

8 hours ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

Have you done it? On what wallet? I see no option in the Ripplerm wallet for extending a trust line using a transaction blob. AFAICS the command to set a trust line needs to talk to a Rippled server and thus needs to be online. If you know how to do it offline, detailed instructions would be appreciated by many here, I'm sure.

Yes, a few minutes ago. I'll try to summarize before I forget.

1. While sitting at connected computer, change ripplerm-wallet's demo account to your own account. (That is, your public address, begginning with "“r”. Don't type your secret into this computer!)
  2. Click on Tools.
  3. Go to the RawTxn tab (if you're not already there).
  4. Click the wallet account button and the wallet sequence button.
  5. Put a sensible value in the Fee box. I used 12 drops, because the top of the page says that's the current fee.
  6. Scroll down the page to Transaction Types, and select TrustSet
  7. Complete the value, currency and issuer boxes. If you're claiming ALV, you would put 100000000, ALV and raEQc5krJ2rUXyi6fgmUAf63oAXmF7p6jp (Allvor's address) in these boxes.
  8. Click the SetNoRipple box. A tick will appear in it. (Omit this step only if, for some unfathomable reason, you want other people to go rippling through your account.)

You have now gathered enough information to sign a transaction. It's all summarized just under the Sign button towards the foot of the page. You have to find some way of getting this information to your cold computer, which is disconnected from the internet. I used a print-to-file PDF of the wallet page, and a USB stick, but I guess you could use a screenshot. It wouldn't be too hard to write down on a piece of paper. The critical details are the Sequence, the Flags and the Fee, since those aren't available to you when you're away from the internet. Now go to your cold computer:—

On your cold computer, you have to open up an offline copy of ripplerm-wallet in a web browser. You're going to be repeating the above steps, but with a few slight changes:

• You have to use your secret when you're switching the wallet from the demo account to your own. Click the blue Change button and then click use secretkey. Paste your secret into the box and click Submit twice.
  • Now it's a matter of repeating what you did on your hot computer. The difference is that you're going to have to provide the Sequence, Fee et cetera by hand, using your written notes or transferred screenshot, since your cold computer can't pull them off the internet. When you've got everything right, the text below the Sign button will look exactly the same as it did on your hot computer, so check carefully. You want the Flags (and everything else) to be the same as they were earlier.
  • This time, you have to fill in the secret box in the Signature section. Just click the button to its right. (You weren't able to do this on your hot computer because you secret wasn't available there.)
  • When you're satisfied that you've entered the right data, click the Sign button. This will generate a signed transaction in the blob box at the foot of the page.

You now have a signed transaction, which you want get back to your hot computer. I'm content to use USB sticks, since I don't have a uranium enrichment program. If your threat model includes Stuxnet or BadUSB, perhaps try something with QR codes.

On the hot computer, go to ripplerm-wallet's Tools section and select the Submit tab. Import (or paste) your signed transaction into the tx_blob box and click Submit.

Done.

I'm typing this into my hot computer,from memory, so hope I haven't missed anything.

Edited by Guest
Forgot the last-but-one bullet point. Thank you Zockempire for reminding me.
6 hours ago, ChavasRegal said:

You can log in to 

https://www.theworldexchange.net/

Then using your private / public key then click "Set Receivable Tokens"  and set up a trustline using the info from 

https://allvor.org/add-a-trust-line/

On the website https://www.theworldexchange.net, after clicking on the option "Set Receivable Tokens", I do not see an option that will allow me to "Disallow Rippling".

Do you know if "Disallow Rippling" is disabled by default on the Ripple network when using the option "Set Receivable Tokens" to set up a trust line?

Edited by 1Ton
2 hours ago, 1Ton said:

On the website https://www.theworldexchange.net, after clicking on the option "Set Receivable Tokens", I do not see an option that will allow me to "Disallow Rippling".

Do you know if "Disallow Rippling" is disabled by default on the Ripple network when using the option "Set Receivable Tokens" to set up a trust line?

Rippling should be dissabled by default on your wallet, I believe you can check / alter the status in the advanced section on the world exchange. 

29 minutes ago, ChavasRegal said:

Rippling should be dissabled by default on your wallet, I believe you can check / alter the status in the advanced section on the world exchange. 

On the website: https://www.theworldexchange.net, in the "Advanced Settings" section, the following options are listed:

• defaultRipple
  • disableMasterKey
  • disallowIncomingXRP
  • enableTransactionIDTracking
  • globalFreeze
  • noFreeze
  • passwordSpent
  • regularKey
  • requireAuthorization
  • requireDestinationTag
  • rippleServer

After looking at this page: https://ripple.com/build/rippleapi it appears that In the "Advanced Settings" section, the first option "defaultRipple" is the option that when enabled will enable Rippling. So to "Disable Rippling" leave the option "defaultRipple" disabled.

It looks like a significant proportion of people are recieving their alv then immediately selling them to increase XRP.

My question.....   who is buying all these ALV? 

6 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

It looks like a significant proportion of people are recieving their alv then immediately selling them to increase XRP.

My question.....   who is buying all these ALV? 

• An ALV-minded investor who believes in ALV
  • An XRP-minded investor who believes that ALV will spread the XRP Ledger
  • Cleyton's grandparents

I wouldn't be surprised if Ripple (or an employee acting alone) decides to hold ALV.