[ANN] Allvor: cryptocurrency for e-commerce powered by the XRP Ledger

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for flagging me down!  Here's what I support without question:  ICOs done on the XRPL.  As long as they are legit ICOs, and conform to regulations, they should be done on the XRPL. 

I'm just excited to see a project use the tutorial I made before. I think that this project could be the start of a lot more companies using the XRP ledger specifically for tokens. How smooth tha

I just want to inform you guys: I have succesfully managed to claim my ALV with TEV's method mentioned above for my Nano Ledger S account. Before, I had to extract before my private key for my Ripple

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, gerstlauer said:

Researched ALV and figured why not, but now doubting my decision. If Rippled is disabled, and I claimed via TOR browser, I have nothing to worry about, right? 

You mean if Rippling is disabled, of course. Yes, it seems you have minimised the risk, as long as you're sure your PC was not compromised when you exposed the wallet secret key. That is the concern for many of us here.

On 3/29/2018 at 11:04 PM, Hodor said:

It will also bring additional liquidity.

Some might see this as a possible competitor to the XRP as a native asset, but I don't see it that way.  Think of EOS for Ethereum.  Or any ERC-20 token, for that matter.  They don't dilute Ethereum - they bring great amounts of liquidity.  Probably the sole driver behind Ethereum's demand levels is it's hosting of ICOs.  Let's support these on the XRP Ledger (as long as they're legit). 

How does this or any other token on the xrpl bring additional liquidity?

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Magicarp said:

@Allvor

So we can see this initial distribution as an air-drop? 

Total ALV = 100.000.000.000
Max distribution per wallet = 1.000.000

When will the public sale begin and at what price?

Hello Magicarp,
We see the initial distribution as a way to reward the community and at the same time create an initial market.

We do not have the definition of the beginning of the direct sale, but you can buy today in the Decentralized Exchange of the XRP Ledger. Here's how: https://allvor.org/decentralized-exchange/ 

Thank you

Establishing trust lines to COMPLETELY unvetted entities is just not my thing.  I'll stick with the XRP, thank you.  Clearly a lot of issues come up for a good deal of the community when it comes to understanding the nuances/consequences/details of establishing trustlines to unverified entitites on the internet.  Entirely reasonable and SMART of us all.  Common sense often goes a long way folks.  Raw and ugly markets make people desperate for any kind of haphazard gain.  Patience.  And if you're an ALLvor fan that's great too!  More power to ya as well.

54 minutes ago, Allvor said:

Hello Magicarp,
We see the initial distribution as a way to reward the community and at the same time create an initial market.

We do not have the definition of the beginning of the direct sale, but you can buy today in the Decentralized Exchange of the XRP Ledger. Here's how: https://allvor.org/decentralized-exchange/ 

Thank you

Can I move my ALV to a desktop wallet, like Toast?

1 hour ago, ScroogeMcDuck said:

You mean if Rippling is disabled, of course. Yes, it seems you have minimised the risk, as long as you're sure your PC was not compromised when you exposed the wallet secret key. That is the concern for many of us here.

Easily dealt with: Sign the transaction on a computer that's not connected to the internet.

Then transfer it via USB stick or QR code back to an internet-connected computer and broadcast it. Just as straightforward for a trustline as for any other cold wallet transaction. Obviously, you do need to look up your account's current *Sequence* before you start.

14 hours ago, Zockempire said:

Unfortunately Ripple Wallets like Rippex Wallet and Gatehub all want a Ripple secret key and not a regular private key to open the wallet.

Does ripplerm's wallet (https://github.com/ripplerm/ripple-wallet) let you convert private keys to secrets? Clicking Change => use secretkey will open up a box that asks you to enter either a secret or a hex/base58/rfc1751 private key.