Allvor

[ANN] Allvor: cryptocurrency for e-commerce powered by the XRP Ledger

Skimming through your website and whitepaper this all seems like a typical ico moneygrab.

Think of an idea, add blockchain/crypto (in this case xrp), gather some folks, build a website, construct a whitepaper and start an ico.

Very little depth.

I don't see why an asset other than XRP is needed for this idea/project.

No thank you.

9 hours ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

@Allvor As most of us know by now, XRP cannot be frozen. However, Allvor IOUs could be frozen by you. Have you, or do you have any plans to, set the No Freeze flag?

Hello PunishmentOfLuxury,
Let's look carefully.
While we have the automated distribution, it can be an additional security feature.
But after the distribution is closed, No Freeze is likely to be activated.
We will inform you here
Thank you

4 hours ago, Member278576 said:

Dont know what to make of this. Have anyone tried to get the "free allocation" via Nano Ledger S?

Edit: spelling

Hello Member278576,
You have to open your account with another wallet, which allows you to enter the trust line, such as the Desktop Wallet.
Maybe friends of Ledger Wallet plan to include this change in the next release of Wallet. Would be great!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, xrphilosophy said:

And by issuing a trust line to another currency/asset does this create any kind of security risk for the XRP holder's account?  I certainly don't want to be the first to try this, not understanding the consequences or benefits of claiming my Allvor.

Hello xrphilosophy,
The trust line is only an authorization to receive payments from the sender and the specified currency, nothing more. It's so we can send you the payment. It does not interfere with your account or other currencies.
Thank you!

2 hours ago, xrphilosophy said:

And by issuing a trust line to another currency/asset does this create any kind of security risk for the XRP holder's account?  I certainly don't want to be the first to try this, not understanding the consequences or benefits of claiming my Allvor.

I used Gatehub. I did not receive anything from the 30% bonus since i have the min amount just to keep a wallet open (rest on my Nano). Since nothing is at Gatehub, i thought my risk was limited. If this thing ends up being successful, its a free call option to us as XRP holders. In my eyes, we have been rewarded by holding in the form of free upside, ill take it. 

Yeah, that's what I was asking about.  Be careful folks.  Honest or not this Allvor, secure or not- my understanding from awhile back is that establishing trust lines are a possible vulnerability point into one's XRP holdings.  I don't know how this works, but I do know this is why trust lines exist- to limit your ledger position's exposure to a limited few, whom you trust.  If I am to receive free coins from someone- I would have to be able to reliably trust that party, from independent sources, in order to open my private bank of XRP to them.  Any other people on here who know more about this than I please feel free to advise. This whole Allvor thing, although perhaps very well intentioned brings up other questions for us as XRP holders.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Allvor said:

Hello xrphilosophy,
The trust line is only an authorization to receive payments from the sender and the specified currency, nothing more. It's so we can send you the payment. It does not interfere with your account or other currencies.
Thank you!

Thank you for answering.  WIll look into this further.  Another point of confusion however- so these Allvor coins go straight into my XRP wallet?  How would I read/identify those on a ledger wallet?  Or in any wallet?  I will continue exploring the nature of trust lines as well.  Again, thanks ahead for your response.  It's an interesting topic to discuss, and learn about.  I skimmed the whitepaper of Allvor, yet still don't understand exactly what it is you are trying to accomplish...

On 3/29/2018 at 1:44 PM, Allvor said:

Team

• Cleyton Domingues - Creator, Founder and Independent Researcher
  • Syval Peres - Co-founder and Developer
  • Leandro Gonçalves - Co-founder and Developer
  • Alessandra Carvalho - Designer
  • Luciano Oliveira - UI/UX Developer

Could you tell us more about the team? Very hard to find info on you. Thanks and good luck with your project.

1 hour ago, Allvor said:

Hello Member278576,
You have to open your account with another wallet, which allows you to enter the trust line, such as the Desktop Wallet.
Maybe friends of Ledger Wallet plan to include this change in the next release of Wallet. Would be great!

Thanks!

ok, thank you for the reply.

19 minutes ago, Malloy said:

Could you tell us more about the team? Very hard to find info on you. Thanks and good luck with your project.

Yes, past work history/experience  and CV's a must!  This team in Brazil cannot live in generality and promises.  Photos as well.  Get to know you type stuff.  Also odd that virtually nothing online about each of you except:

Cleyton Domingues - Creator, Founder and Independent Researcher (has a linkedin account with 6 connections)

Syval Peres - Co-founder and Developer (found nothing online)

Leandro Gonçalves - Co-founder and Developer (found nothing online -except someone by the same name who is a professional horse jockey living in Indiana).

This project may still need some development even with all of your good intentions.  Best of luck!

I find that very shady at least. Why is the trust-line needed? Can't @Allvor just send the airdrop? A trust-line is meant to be towards someone I trust, right? 

Just as you wouldn't open an account at a credit union or bank you don't trust you shouldn't extend a Ripple trust line to any entity you don't trust.

https://forum.ripple.com/viewtopic.php?t=3334

Edited by xrp-overflow