Allvor

[ANN] Allvor: cryptocurrency for e-commerce powered by the XRP Ledger

@Allvor

Definitely an interesting project, congrats on being the first XRP based ICO!

I do hope Nano team updates their ledger wallet capabilities in time before the drop is over, as I feel the same as many here - security is paramount. E-mailed a request to them, I'm sure if we get enough people on board they will comply.

7 hours ago, tev said:

I'm not convinced! Every ripple address is publicly visible by design, so nothing to phish there. If they're trying to link ripple addresses to IP addresses, they'll have their work cut out sifting through public wifi hotspots and domestic addresses that change whenever routers get rebooted. If they have a working Spectre/Meltdown exploit in their web page, they'd be better of targeting a less security-conscious demographic than crypto-token claimants.

Are you convinced by their stated business model?

Why is there no simple way to get these coins without revealing your 24 word phase for your ledger nano s.  I cannot find one single demo on how to get these coins on youtube using a ledger nano s.  I have no cold computer - the purpose of the ledger nano s is to keep things offline.

How do I get these coins cause it's a substantial amount I should get and would not want to miss out on this.  Just seems risky with typing in keys and passcodes that are supposed to be offline only.

9 hours ago, JustinS said:

Why is there no simple way to get these coins without revealing your 24 word phase for your ledger nano s.

Because Ledger didn't implement that feature in their wallet software. Presumably they didn't think that long-term hodlers would be interested in storing IOUs offline because of the inherent risk of holding them long term? Or maybe they just didn't bother.

9 hours ago, JustinS said:

How do I get these coins cause it's a substantial amount I should get and would not want to miss out on this.  Just seems risky with typing in keys and passcodes that are supposed to be offline only.

You seem to be aware of the only method available (bip39 + ripplerm) without coding something yourself. An alternative would be to wipe your Nano S (after making triple sure that you have copies of your recovery phrase), then create a new Nano S wallet, backup the new recovery phrase, make note of the new wallet address, then restore your original Nano wallet, send all but 25.1 of your XRP to the new wallet, then recover the new wallet back to your Nano.

Now you can safely proceed with the ripplerm method on your original wallet; there is no risk to exposing the keys associated with the original wallet because it's empty. You can still claim the ALV because they base the amount on the quantity that you held on March 28th. Then send the ALV somewhere else because you don't seem to trust the process of exposing the keys to ripplerm.

Of course there's a lot of room for human error in the above method - if you had a second Nano S that would make it a lot less risky (and expensive!).

No matter what you do in crypto it's risky - either you write your own code and trust your ability, or you trust someone else's code (and accept its limitations), that's just the nature of it. Almost nothing we do in this space has no risk. The big question in this case is if Allvor is worth the risk.

Edited by at3n
Changed number of XRP to leave in original wallet to account for trust line creation and TX fee

On 4/7/2018 at 9:08 PM, tev said:

Looks good to me :D

I've not seen a walk-through of on-ledger trading with ripplerm-wallet, so I'll check back here later to see if you get it working. There's a lot of talk in the crypto world about decentralized exchanges; and on-ledger trading on the ripple consensus ledger likes an actual example. Good luck.

I got it to work (I managed to generate a signed offline "Offer Create" transaction). I could now see my order for 40,000 ALV cryptocurrency coins on https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/markets/ALV:raEQc5krJ2rUXyi6fgmUAf63oAXmF7p6jp/XRP?interval=15m&range=1d&type=line. I put a bid offer in for 40,000 ALV coins at a cost of 0.0008 per ALV coin, which works out to be 32 XRP coins. 32 XRP coins in "drops" is 32 million (32000000).

Here's a screenshot of how I placed my order:

screenshot-of-buying-ALV.thumb.png.cdcd1fe0e9f523718dc465ac874a33e1.png

Edited by 1Ton
Correct typographical error.

6 hours ago, Hodlezerper said:

Are you convinced by their stated business model?

I'm puzzled by their business model, but it's too early for me to form an opinion. It seems to have something in common with the plethora of ERC-20 tokens (I acquired some OMG without doing anything...), except that they've rejected the ETH & ETC blockchains in favour of the RCL. I'm curious.

I have misgivings about airdrops as a distribution model. The many recent airdrops of mineable crypto-tokens (accomplished by using phoney pretexts for chain-forks) are deeply cynical. They're arguably re-runs of the Tragedy of the Commons. But ALV deserves the benefit of the doubt because it's harmless. What they doing isn't technically different from the accepted practice of issuing USD or EUR IOUs, and they're not making grandiose claims about anything backing their tokens.

19 minutes ago, 1Ton said:

I managed to generate a signed offline "Offer Create" transaction

A limit order from a cold wallet. :D

People who've lost money from exchange hacks (Mt Gox, Bitfinex etc.) need to sit up and take notice!

Edited by Guest

21 hours ago, 1Ton said:

I want to buy at least 40,000 ALV tokens. I just tried a test transaction 1 hour ago to buy some ALV tokens with XRP using Ripperm. Plenty ALV tokens are available to buy at the amount I bided. My transaction has been broadcasted to the network, but I have not received my ALV order. @Allvor how long does it take for orders to be fulfilled?

Hi,

I claimed the free tokens. But could I ask if you don't mind why you want to buy the "ALV" tokens? are you bullish on them? DO you think they will be able to deliver on time ? 

3 hours ago, ibelievexrp said:

I'm interested in getting some free coins but I don't feel comfortable setting up a trust line on some wallet on my pc.

You are seeting up the trust line to recive the "ALV" coins. If you set rippling off I don't see any downsides from doing this. Readup about trust lines here 

https://ripple.com/build/gateway-guide/#trust-lines-and-issuances

22 hours ago, 1Ton said:

I want to buy at least 40,000 ALV tokens. I just tried a test transaction 1 hour ago to buy some ALV tokens with XRP using Ripperm. Plenty ALV tokens are available to buy at the amount I bided. My transaction has been broadcasted to the network, but I have not received my ALV order. @Allvor how long does it take for orders to be fulfilled?

Could you also please comment if the order was ever fulfilled? Were you taking liquidity( joining the top bid to buy) or providing liquidity( price should match ask for buying). That could determine the reason why it takes time? 

2 hours ago, goldstar111 said:

Hi,

I claimed the free tokens. But could I ask if you don't mind why you want to buy the "ALV" tokens? are you bullish on them? DO you think they will be able to deliver on time ? 

I put in a order for 40,000 ALV crypto coins at a cost of 0.0008 per ALV coin, which works out to be 32 XRP coins (currently a small price to pay to buy such a huge quantity of ALV coins that could possibly be worth much more in the future). What do I have to lose? If the 40,000 ALV coins become totally worthless in the future, well, I have only lost 32 XRP coins. But, in the future if the ALV coins go up considerably in value, then I have a lot to gain due to the huge quantity of ALV coins I will be holding.

For example, let's say ALV goes up some day to 0.16 euros and I own a total of 47000 ALV coins. My total ALV crypto portfolio would be worth 7,520 euros. If ALV goes up to 0.77 euros, then my ALV crypto portfolio will be worth 36,190 euros! The price of a single ALV crypto coin does not need to be very high in order for me to see a great return on my investment. Of course it will be great if a single ALV crypto coin shot up in value to something like 2 euros.

I got in this cryptocurrency business in early January 2018 (I'm a latecomer). I spent £3200 GBP in January buying crypto coins. Mainly XRP and Ethereum Classic. Now I am trying to not repeat the past mistakes I have made, such as buying at the wrong time at too of a high price. I could have gotten so much more XRP coins for my money if I did wait. But back in January I was new to the world of crypto trading (I was inexperienced).

For the last 3 and a half months I have been studying the crypto market and I now feel I am well equipped with enough crypto trading knowledge. XRP right now is priced cheaply, I was going to buy a few thousand more XRP coins, but my concerns regarding whether XRP will be classified as a security by SEC, has made me hold off on making such a large XRP purchase order. I also think it is smart to diversify your crypto investment portfolio. Never put all your eggs in one basket. I may still buy some more XRP coins, but the bulk of the money I have to invest will mainly be invested in coins that I think have a bright future ahead of them such as EOS.

At the time of typing this post I have only received 904 ALV coins out of the 40,000 I'm trying to buy. My order is still being fulfilled. I have bided below the current asking price that the lowest priced sellers want to sell their ALV coins for, but I have bided higher than other ALV coin buyers. Yesterday, If I did put my order in it would have been fulfilled instantly as sellers were selling their ALV coins at a lower price than my current bid price. Today the ALV sellers are selling at a higher price. I may raise my bid price, I'm not so sure yet.

Edited by 1Ton

51 minutes ago, 1Ton said:

I put in a order for 40,000 ALV crypto coins at a cost of 0.0008 per ALV coin, which works out to be 32 XRP coins (currently a small price to pay to buy such a huge quantity of ALV coins that could possibly be worth much more in the future). What do I have to lose? If the 40,000 ALV coins become totally worthless in the future, well, I have only lost 32 XRP coins. But, in the future if the ALV coins go up considerably in value, then I have a lot to gain due to the huge quantity of ALV coins I will be holding.

For example, let's say ALV goes up some day to 0.16 euros and I own a total of 47000 ALV coins. My total ALV crypto portfolio would be worth 7,520 euros. If ALV goes up to 0.77 euros, then my ALV crypto portfolio will be worth 36,190 euros! The price of a single ALV crypto coin does not need to be very high in order for me to see a great return on my investment. Of course it will be great if a single ALV crypto coin shot up in value to something like 2 euros.

I got in this cryptocurrency business in early January 2018 (I'm a latecomer). I spent £3200 GBP in January buying crypto coins. Mainly XRP and Ethereum Classic. Now I am trying to not repeat the past mistakes I have made, such as buying at the wrong time at too of a high price. I could have gotten so much more XRP coins for my money if I did wait. But back in January I was new to the world of crypto trading (I was inexperienced).

For the last 3 and a half months I have been studying the crypto market and I now feel I am well equipped with enough crypto trading knowledge. XRP right now is priced cheaply, I was going to buy a few thousand more XRP coins, but my concerns regarding whether XRP will be classified as a security by SEC, has made me hold off on making such a large XRP purchase order. I also think it is smart to diversify your crypto investment portfolio. Never put all your eggs in one basket. I may still buy some more XRP coins, but the bulk of the money I have to invest will mainly be invested in coins that I think have a bright future ahead of them such as EOS.

At the time of typing this post I have only received 904 ALV coins out of the 40,000 I'm trying to buy. My order is still being fulfilled. I have bided below the current asking price that the lowest priced sellers want to sell their ALV coins for, but I have bided higher than other ALV coin buyers. Yesterday, If I did put my order in it would have been fulfilled instantly as sellers were selling their ALV coins at a lower price than my current bid price. Today the ALV sellers are selling at a higher price. I may raise my bid price, I'm not so sure yet.

ok thank you. All the best to you. Check this thread out on twitter. I am confident $XRP will not be deemed a security . It is just FUD started after the  Coinbase interview.

3 minutes ago, goldstar111 said:

ok thank you. All the best to you. Check this thread out on twitter. I am confident $XRP will not be deemed a security . It is just FUD started after the  Coinbase interview.

Also for whatever it is worth I just loaded up again around $0.48. Bulk of my purchases were much long ago.

@Allvor Why are you making so many very small (0.01 ALV) XRP/ALV market orders?