Jump to content
Allvor

[ANN] Allvor: cryptocurrency for e-commerce powered by the XRP Ledger

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Stelco said:

It says that 5% of the tokens will be sent directly to XRP holders. Can you explain how this works? If my XRP is currently stored on a Ledger wallet would I still be able to receive? 

My question too @Allvor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 minutes ago, 1Ton said:

Did you miss out any steps in the instructions you provided?

I don't think so, but it's tricky, because my cold computer is actually just my hot computer booted off a USB stick with network drivers deleted. I can't have both on at the same time! A few thing to watch out for:

  1. After you feed your secret (or private key) into your cold ripplerm-wallet, does the wallet then display your public address (beginning with “r”)?
     
  2. Did you have a tick-mark in the SetNoRipple box on both your hot computer and your cold computer?
     
  3. Did you use identical data for value (100000000), currency (ALV) and issuer (raEQc5krJ2rUXyi6fgmUAf63oAXmF7p6jp) on both computers?
     
  4. Have you got the same values for Sequence, Fee and Flags in your cold wallet that you had in your hot wallet? Especially, in the box just under the Sign button. The Flags value updates itself automatically according to what you put in various other fields. The Fee usually seems to be 12 drops (works out as 0.000012 XRP, but the wallet is denominated in drops).
     
  5. On the cold computer, is your secret in the “Signing ==> secret” box just above the Sign button? (I suppose you could add your wallet's public address, too, in the SignAs box, but that would require you to temporarily tick the multisignature box and then untick it once the public address is visible;  this shouldn't be required.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Your question has been answered elsewhere in this thread, by other Ledger owners, who have successfully claimed their ALVs using their private keys (from their hardware wallets) to offline-sign their set-trustline transactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ChavasRegal said:

Yes I'm running Windows. 

Yeah... Windows is a very insecure operating system... You could try Linux... Installed alongside windows (dual boot)... That way you still get to use your windows for whatever you need and just use Linux for cryptos... Ubuntu is a good Linux distribution (operating system version of Linux) with lots of support: https://distrowatch.com/table-mobile.php?distribution=ubuntu

Edited by enrique11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

Yeah... Windows is a very insecure operating system... You could try Linux... Installed alongside windows (dual boot)... That way you still get to use your windows for whatever you need and just use Linux for cryptos.

The wallets weren't compromised due to using Windows, they were compromised due to a spoofed wallet generator that looked and acted like a legitimate and well regarded generator but had the nasty side effect of stealing the private key,  there were multiple wallets affected not just the ones I had generated. 

Edited by ChavasRegal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChavasRegal said:

The wallets weren't compromised due to using Windows, they were compromised due to a spoofed wallet generator that looked and acted like a legitimate and well regarded generator but had the nasty side effect of stealing the private key,  there were multiple wallets affected Ted not just the ones I had generated. 

Yikes! Yeah... It will get worse with time as more newbies and money pour into this space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2018 at 5:05 PM, tev said:

I don't think so, but it's tricky, because my cold computer is actually just my hot computer booted off a USB stick with network drivers deleted. I can't have both on at the same time! A few thing to watch out for:

  1. After you feed your secret (or private key) into your cold ripplerm-wallet, does the wallet then display your public address (beginning with “r”)?
     
  2. Did you have a tick-mark in the SetNoRipple box on both your hot computer and your cold computer?
     
  3. Did you use identical data for value (100000000), currency (ALV) and issuer (raEQc5krJ2rUXyi6fgmUAf63oAXmF7p6jp) on both computers?
     
  4. Have you got the same values for Sequence, Fee and Flags in your cold wallet that you had in your hot wallet? Especially, in the box just under the Sign button. The Flags value updates itself automatically according to what you put in various other fields. The Fee usually seems to be 12 drops (works out as 0.000012 XRP, but the wallet is denominated in drops).
     
  5. On the cold computer, is your secret in the “Signing ==> secret” box just above the Sign button? (I suppose you could add your wallet's public address, too, in the SignAs box, but that would require you to temporarily tick the multisignature box and then untick it once the public address is visible;  this shouldn't be required.)

tev, thanks for posting the Ripplerm Wallet instructions you did earlier for us Ledger Nano S owners. The reason my offline signed transaction was not working was because I had the multisignature box ticked with my wallet's public address entered and secret key. That was the reason my offline signed transaction did not work. Thanks again for posting the instructions on how to use the wallet Ripplerm to claim the ALV cryptocurrency coins securely without exposing our secret key.

I just received my 7000+ ALV cryptocurrency coins. I'm very happy.

 

screenshot-of-trustline-added.png

Edited by 1Ton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dav3 said:

My question too @Allvor

Hello Stelco and Dav3,
See our website, please. It is necessary that you insert a trust line and make the request using the specific form (it's very simple, just put your Ripple account).
LedgerWallet.com has sold you a wallet with limited resources. Maybe you can ask them to do an update. There are also some alternative methods out here in the forum.

The deadline for requesting ALV is not defined, but when this occurs it will be announced in advance.
Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BiltongNinja said:

@Allvor Apologies if it has been asked before.

I have some XRP on Binance. How would I go about getting ALV tokens with the XRP held on Binance?

Many Thanks!

Hello BiltongNinja,

Unfortunately its not possible. The program applies only to individual accounts in the XRP Ledger

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
28 minutes ago, BiltongNinja said:

@Allvor Apologies if it has been asked before.

I have some XRP on Binance. How would I go about getting ALV tokens with the XRP held on Binance?

Many Thanks!

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/21778-ann-allvor-cryptocurrency-for-e-commerce-powered-by-the-xrp-ledger/?do=findComment&comment=330827

Quite apart from claiming ALV, it's not a good idea to keep your XRPs on an exchange. It looks like this airdrop is motivating XRP holders to improve their security!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very disappointed with the Allvor Team.

If an airdrop is to be done to XRP holders, why not just do a simple airdrop to all XRP holders who have XRP in wallets instead of giving us technical jargon that normal people do not understand. 

I own all my XRP on a ledger nano s wallet. I should be able to paste my public keys somewhere straightforward and get my ALV sent to my wallet just like Ethereum, EOS and the rest do. All the jargon about sending this and that here and there is just rubbish.

I am truly very disappointed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...