Allvor

[ANN] Allvor: cryptocurrency for e-commerce powered by the XRP Ledger

On 9/14/2018 at 4:06 AM, Wizann said:

On April 21, 2018, I established a trustline and accepted my Allvor distribution to my ripple account on Gatehub.net. Thought I would check it and it appears to show that my Allvor is at 0, having been moved. 

I don't remember moving it. Is it possible that is there somehow and I just don't see it? Is it possible to be transferred to a ledger nano S. Thinking maybe I did that but I specifically remember at that time the Allvor website only showed the amount to be distributed. It was quite a bit and I have been very supportive of this project. 

Where could it have gone and/or is it still connected to the distribution program somehow. How do I check?

Allvor….. any ideas. My gatehub account is giving me a value as to what my Allvor is worth, but it is showing zero tokens. Thanks in advance.

P.S. if the value of one Allvor is .0377280 then it looks like the coins are somewhere in the correct amount. What's the price today?

**Nevermind, as usual, I eventually figured it out!   ?‍?

You got Rippling enable, that is why you lost your Allvor

Edited by Winteriscomming

2 hours ago, RippleHerToShreds said:

Nice idea but 55 seconds to pay for a coffee? I'd rather pay in cash!

that not completely fair, you're taking the entire video length -- if you did the same with apple pay it might take a minute too bc you could include things like opening the app, choosing the card, confirming the payment, bla bla

1 hour ago, zerpdigger said:

that not completely fair, you're taking the entire video length -- if you did the same with apple pay it might take a minute too bc you could include things like opening the app, choosing the card, confirming the payment, bla bla

Fair enough, I had another look - 42 seconds and that was with the second phone already having the pass phrase entered. Time still needs to come down by a factor of 3 or 4.

22 hours ago, RippleHerToShreds said:

Fair enough, I had another look - 42 seconds and that was with the second phone already having the pass phrase entered. Time still needs to come down by a factor of 3 or 4.

Probably you are counting the wallet reading the qrcode plus the time to insert the password. To be fair, you have to count  the time after the password was confirmed. This machine is 100% XRP Ledger, what means that the time counting here is the same as any XRP transaction.

3 hours ago, Carrico said:

Probably you are counting the wallet reading the qrcode plus the time to insert the password. To be fair, you have to count  the time after the password was confirmed. This machine is 100% XRP Ledger, what means that the time counting here is the same as any XRP transaction.

Yes I am counting the whole transaction time, just as I would if paying in cash - you got to put hand in pocket, count and wait for change (15-20 seconds). No point in the actual transaction taking 1 second if preparation takes 40!

2 hours ago, RippleHerToShreds said:

Yes I am counting the whole transaction time, just as I would if paying in cash - you got to put hand in pocket, count and wait for change (15-20 seconds). No point in the actual transaction taking 1 second if preparation takes 40!

Do you know any payment solution with cryptocurrency that doesn't require preparation (read a qrcode or insert all data manually and put the password) with confirmation time (sending/ printing the hash code) smaller than that? Please, share with us!

3 hours ago, Carrico said:

Do you know any payment solution with cryptocurrency that doesn't require preparation (read a qrcode or insert all data manually and put the password) with confirmation time (sending/ printing the hash code) smaller than that? Please, share with us!

No, but how many cryptos claim to be a payment solution like Alvor? 40 seconds + doesn't cut it.

Edit: OK, had yet another look at the video and it wasn't quite as slow as the guy made it look. But it seemed to take an age for the payment to go through (around 25 seconds) - on the Ripple network that should surely take less than 5?

Edited by RippleHerToShreds

14 hours ago, RippleHerToShreds said:

Edit: OK, had yet another look at the video and it wasn't quite as slow as the guy made it look. But it seemed to take an age for the payment to go through (around 25 seconds) - on the Ripple network that should surely take less than 5?

Not sure where you're getting 25 seconds from. The transaction was initiated at 0:29 in the video, the phone reported that the transaction was sent about 4 seconds later, and the terminal picks it up 6 seconds after that.

So it seems like the terminal is a ledger or two slower than it could be, presumably it could be optimized to make it more responsive.

20 hours ago, RippleHerToShreds said:

It's easy to imagine how this process could be sped up, for example give the user the option to use a fingerprint instead of a password. Or to make it really streamlined, there could be an option to "pre-authorise" the transaction, for example allow fingerprint authentication even before the app sees the QR code, and then allow the app to send the transaction immediately as soon as it does see the QR code. So you could be unlocking the app with a finger as the cashier is entering the price, then scan the QR code, and 4 seconds later the transaction is complete.

I think it's much more important at this stage to get the actual transaction time reduced, which means simply reducing the amount of time it takes for the terminal to notice that the transaction is complete. Then the user experience can be improved, which I don't think will be a serious hurdle.

32 minutes ago, at3n said:

It's easy to imagine how this process could be sped up, for example give the user the option to use a fingerprint instead of a password. Or to make it really streamlined, there could be an option to "pre-authorise" the transaction, for example allow fingerprint authentication even before the app sees the QR code, and then allow the app to send the transaction immediately as soon as it does see the QR code. So you could be unlocking the app with a finger as the cashier is entering the price, then scan the QR code, and 4 seconds later the transaction is complete.

I think it's much more important at this stage to get the actual transaction time reduced, which means simply reducing the amount of time it takes for the terminal to notice that the transaction is complete. Then the user experience can be improved, which I don't think will be a serious hurdle.

We are seeing two different things working at this video: a Wallet (created by Toast Wallet withou any intervention from Allvor) and the Allvor solution, the POS machine. Obviusly many things could be upgraded here, especially the whole wallet process.

This is the first POS machine running 100% inside the XRP Ledger, and the hash code you see is already exploitable after it appears at screen or beeing printed. There is no middleman or custody. It's revolutionary.

1 hour ago, at3n said:

Not sure where you're getting 25 seconds from. The transaction was initiated at 0:29 in the video, the phone reported that the transaction was sent about 4 seconds later, and the terminal picks it up 6 seconds after that.

So it seems like the terminal is a ledger or two slower than it could be, presumably it could be optimized to make it more responsive.

http://freegifmaker.me/images/2dGBN/ (ledger time)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVsKjZKVbqE (full video)

20 minutes ago, Carrico said:

We are seeing two different things working at this video: a Wallet (created by Toast Wallet withou any intervention from Allvor) and the Allvor solution, the POS machine. Obviusly many things could be upgraded here, especially the whole wallet process.

This is the first POS machine running 100% inside the XRP Ledger, and the hash code you see is already exploitable after it appears at screen or beeing printed. There is no middleman or custody. It's revolutionary.

Ah, I didn't realise that was Toast, I've never used it.

Yes, personally I'm impressed so far with the process, Allvor's progress is encouraging.