How low can Bitcoiners go? Ryan Selkis & Co. angry at a donation to charity

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure Bitconers could come up with a $30.1 million donation if they wanted to.   It would prolly take 6 months to process and could only be worth $30 by the time it gets through, but it's

tell the children to settle down and go back to their table.   Brad and the adults have work to do. 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, PlanK said:

I'm sure Bitconers could come up with a $30.1 million donation if they wanted to.

It would prolly take 6 months to process and could only be worth $30 by the time it gets through, but it's the intention that's good. ;)

I don't think Bitcoiners have that type of money. Lightning Network wasn't funded instantly, it took the biggest names in Bitcoin and several months to raise 2.5 million. Meanwhile, Ripple can donate ~30m to charity.

That 2.5 million of BTC money, by the way, helping to continue one of the most environmentally destructive modern technologies.

Edited by flanman

So, help me here. Okay, let’s say Bitcoin triumphs over all and leaves the other cryp...D.A.’s and the banks a smoking ruin. Yaaay. Now, who is going to extend me credit when I want to buy a house? Who insures my purchases (Visa, etc.) against fraudulent transactions and reimburses me when there is one?  How do I earn interest- there aren’t any more savings accounts or CDs? These anarchists are whiny children.

20 minutes ago, Deeznutz said:

So, help me here. Okay, let’s say Bitcoin triumphs over all and leaves the other cryp...D.A.’s and the banks a smoking ruin. Yaaay. Now, who is going to extend me credit when I want to buy a house? Who insures my purchases (Visa, etc.) against fraudulent transactions and reimburses me when there is one?  How do I earn interest- there aren’t any more savings accounts or CDs? These anarchists are whiny children.

Yup, basic econ is the real problem with the "bitcoin will destroy fiat currency!" bs, even if you get around all the tech issues.

It's the same problem we had with the gold standard, if the money supply can't grow along with the economy, then growth is constrained. 

Edited by flanman