• Advertisement

Someone suppressing the price of XRP intentionally?

What do you guys think about the idea that someone(Ripple) is killing the rallies and suppressing the price of XRP when it goes up!

I have heard a few times from Ripple employees on this forum that they are NOT doing anything to kill the rally and suppres the price intentionally, but can you believe them on this one?

In the recent years they said more than a few times that they DONT LIKE speculators and the price should increase steadily! Well nobody wants the price to be volatile(except traders :) ) ,

XRP  to be adopted from the big guys(Banks), the price should not explode before that........when the big guys buy a lot of cheap XRP then the price can explode!

Just think about it who is selling on these levels of XRP here with all the good news around Rippple and even XRP!

In 2013 Ripple let the price go up to 0.05 USD with a lot less volume than now, but they changed their strategy,now for a wide XRP adoption price volatilaty is worst thing ever!

All I am trying to say here is that the price is being manipulated very easily, they just need to inject "more" supply when the demand rises and my personal opinion is that the price of XRP will not go over 0.01 cent before some big banks stock up with big chunks of XRP, otherwise Ripple will just keep the price low and "stable"!

If Ripple is intentionally holding down the price, then it is probably only a select few at the top of the ladder that are aware of it, the average employee is probably not aware of it. 

Do banks get a certain amount of XRPs as part of a startup package when they sign onto Ripple?  Iif so there could be a tax incentive to keep the price down for a while.

Ripple has too much to lose with simple market antics. Getting sophisticated FIs to onboard a neutral bridge that might prove not so neutral would only undermine what gains they have made. And after the last fine they could ill afford a illegal or at least questionable manipulation.

The most likely answer would be a few whales sitting on a pile of XRP they can't off load due to lack of market depth and so when demand builds up they take advntage of it. Knowing someone will pull a trigger near the .01 target makes a race on who will pull out first.

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

0% chance that Ripple is manipulating the price. 

They want it to be expensive.

It doesn't really work until it's expensive.

To give you an idea, there's only about $1M worth of XRP (177M XRP) available for sale on Polo. (Less than 2/10ths of 1 percent of XRP)

That's 177 people with 1M XRP.

Based on this, XRP is extremely undervalued.

Everyone rants about 'premine' and '100b XRP', but the common person won't have access to 90% or more of that XRP.

The banks will have it and they will not sell it to Joe Schmo :) .

What's being distributed to the banks is kind of like their float and will not be available on exchanges.

I think that XRP value is going to be high because it will have great utility as an asset and you won't be able to get it.

Any current market manipulation is being done by people with a few hundred BTC, not by Ripple.

Edited by xebit
7 hours ago, xebit said:

0% chance that Ripple is manipulating the price. 

They want it to be expensive.

It doesn't really work until it's expensive.

To give you an idea, there's only about $1M worth of XRP (177M XRP) available for sale on Polo. (Less than 2/10ths of 1 percent of XRP)

That's 177 people with 1M XRP.

Based on this, XRP is extremely undervalued.

Everyone rants about 'premine' and '100b XRP', but the common person won't have access to 90% or more of that XRP.

The banks will have it and they will not sell it to Joe Schmo :) .

What's being distributed to the banks is kind of like their float and will not be available on exchanges.

I think that XRP value is going to be high because it will have great utility as an asset and you won't be able to get it.

Any current market manipulation is being done by people with a few hundred BTC, not by Ripple.

Where do you get this number from 177 mln XRP in Polo,give me a link or a address? Last time I've heard they had around 700-800mln XRP!

Look at the volumes on ripplecharts, just look the last month for XRP/USD on Bitstamp and XRP/CNY on RippleFox, the average daily volume just for the last month is around 50-60mln XRP on each gateway, so this means 100-120mln XRP average each day just on both exchanges amounts to over 1bln XRP in less than 30 days!

And when you say few hundred BTC you meant few thousand BTC right! :)

8 hours ago, Mercury said:

Ripple has too much to lose with simple market antics. Getting sophisticated FIs to onboard a neutral bridge that might prove not so neutral would only undermine what gains they have made. And after the last fine they could ill afford a illegal or at least questionable manipulation.

The most likely answer would be a few whales sitting on a pile of XRP they can't off load due to lack of market depth and so when demand builds up they take advntage of it. Knowing someone will pull a trigger near the .01 target makes a race on who will pull out first.

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

Probably you are right! The big whales most likely got their XRP cheap, I would assume 0.004 and cheaper, because when you are selling big chunks of something you have to sell it at a discount and in financal world the greater the risk the bigger the discount.

So at these levels 0.008-0.009 they "might" be making 100% profit and it sounds right to take some off the table.

If this is the case we should see a break out above 0.01 on huge volumes when next big news comes up which will be "soon" . :)

12 hours ago, BAX said:

What do you guys think about the idea that someone(Ripple) is killing the rallies and suppressing the price of XRP when it goes up!

I have heard a few times from Ripple employees on this forum that they are NOT doing anything to kill the rally and suppres the price intentionally, but can you believe them on this one?

In the recent years they said more than a few times that they DONT LIKE speculators and the price should increase steadily! Well nobody wants the price to be volatile(except traders :) ) ,

XRP  to be adopted from the big guys(Banks), the price should not explode before that........when the big guys buy a lot of cheap XRP then the price can explode!

Just think about it who is selling on these levels of XRP here with all the good news around Rippple and even XRP!

In 2013 Ripple let the price go up to 0.05 USD with a lot less volume than now, but they changed their strategy,now for a wide XRP adoption price volatilaty is worst thing ever!

All I am trying to say here is that the price is being manipulated very easily, they just need to inject "more" supply when the demand rises and my personal opinion is that the price of XRP will not go over 0.01 cent before some big banks stock up with big chunks of XRP, otherwise Ripple will just keep the price low and "stable"!

12 hours ago, BAX said:

we are talking about bank.. until now they didn't want to enjoy cryptocurrency market.. so now, try to imagine how this is going on the backbone... 18 of the big bank in the world joint already the project... and the rest? you think they will join if half of the network get the coin at 1200 sat and they have to buy it at 8000 or more? i don't think so.. and more , for what i know ripple lab want to hold half of the total amount coin...(i'm not sure if the sold it or not at the end...) but i believe this can be realy influence on this topic.. 

Yes it is Ripple and prolly Jed Mcaleb. Ripple dilutes the market based off demand. So every spike expect a touchdown...it states this on the Ripple website. But they state that eventually the demand for XRP will offset they amount they inject...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Well they say by 2020 Ripple will only have 50 billion XRP...so they plan on diluting umtil then...so even though Ripple goes live next year does not mean the price will appreciate...I think down the road

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, maxi83 said:

you think they will join if half of the network get the coin at 1200 sat and they have to buy it at 8000 or more? i don't think so

Yes but someone's got to buy/sell XRP at some point. FIs will have lots of FREE zerps, albeit tied to biz agreement. I suspect everyone has an agreement to wait until a certain time, at which point they can sell XRP if they want.