Social website idea for XRP (first) and other crypto (later)

For the past few years I have been building websites on the Wordpress platform for family and friends, and have found it to be quite enjoyable as a pass time hobby. I am in the process of building a photography site for my sisters business, and also a magazine style site in the fitness industry. I have also built a site for my church. While these, as I said, have been an enjoyable pass time for me, I want to expand past Wordpress plug together websites and contribute to my passion...the XRP community. 

I have a huge vision to contribute. My idea is for a social site, similar to Facebook, that is specified for the crypto community. The site would be coded in PHP. I want to have

• profiles
  • photos
  • videos
  • music
  • groups
  • events
  • blogs
  • forums
  • files
  • messenger
  • chat
  • store/auction
  • etc.

But, as I said, this site would target the crypto community, so it would also incorporate wallets...the first being Ripple wallets. My vision is to be able to transact between profiles and make purchases from the store/auction page. It is my thought that there should be the availability of instant payment and escrow payment. I want to make available personal fiat wallets per profile as well, giving not only the individual to sell/buy with fiat, but also the opportunity to purchase crypto from other users...essentially pairing any crypto available with fiat money. 

This is a very small description of my vision, but it is the basics. I'm posting this here to get some feedback from the community before going much further with the idea. What I am looking for as far is feedback are any thoughts, good or bad, on the idea, questions I can elaborate on, others' ideas that might be good/feasible to incorporate and the general interest in the community. 

This is a huge idea and would take a great deal to build such a platform. I am not extremely well versed in coding so I would outsource a lot of work to those with the expertise. As the idea is huge, so would be the workload...so a fruitful end result may take some time...but I believe, well worth it for the community. 

Please, share your thoughts, ideas, criticism (be nice), etc. I would also not be apposed to hearing from anyone that can volunteer to contribute to such a project.

(If this is not ok to do I will remove it immediately. Just trying to get feedback and willing to compensate. Any mods let me know)

*50 XRP to the one who comes up with the best name for this platform.

*(Remember that it will start with XRP but will not be exclusive) 

*Do NOT use a name that represents Facebook in any way. (Exclude the words Face and Book)

Most of all, have fun!

Edited by jailee
9 minutes ago, jailee said:

But, as I said, this site would target the crypto community, so it would also incorporate wallets...the first being Ripple wallets. My vision is to be able to transact between profiles and make purchases from the store/auction page. It is my thought that there should be the availability of instant payment and escrow payment. I want to make available personal fiat wallets per profile as well, giving not only the individual to sell/buy with fiat, but also the opportunity to purchase crypto from other users...essentially pairing any crypto available with fiat money. 

Are you aware of Wietse Wind? Released this today...

Just now, Trusty86 said:

Fascinating idea. The peoples bank?

Of course it would be something like that. I want to make sure though that ALL crypto wallets would be 100% owned and operated by the user of said wallet. NO KEYS HELD BY THE SITE. The only access to funds by the admin would be through the escrow account, if used, for the purchases, in order to settle disputes and distribute confirmed purchases using said escrow.

So anyway, as a newcomer to your group - I bought into xrp in October @ 0.2 having read a lot. I also bought some litecoin, ethereum and bitcoin. I've sold the others at a profit and bought more zerps. From what I've been reading since October, we'll all do very well. $10 by the end of the year would be incredible!!!

3 minutes ago, Live4xrp said:

Are you aware of Wietse Wind? Released this today...

Yes, I am aware of this. He has done a fascinating job in creating this and it will really contribute to the community. How does this effect/contribute to the social site idea? I'm not sure of why the reference?

I am webdesigner/webdeveloper myself also and have a similar idea like yours based on the blockchain technology.

In this world social media abuses your private information and has control over you. The people them selfs should own their personal information, content & profile!
Build a blockchain for user profiles. See every user as a coin, you own it, you control it. Nobody can touch your profile/ID accept yourself and you'll be able to make certain information visible. From this basic idea you can scale into any direction.

3 minutes ago, Chocobo said:

I am webdesigner/webdeveloper myself also and have a similar idea like yours based on the blockchain technology.

In this world social media abuses your private information and has control over you. The people them selfs should own their personal information, content & profile!
Build a blockchain for user profiles. See every user as a coin, you own it, you control it. Nobody can touch your profile/ID accept yourself and you'll be able to make certain information visible. From this basic idea you can scale into any direction.

Dumb question maybe, but isn’t this what Steem does? Does Steem has a use case?