xRapid not aimed at banks according to David Schwartz

LongRun

1 minute ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I was surprised at first too, and I’m really doing my homework everyday since july 2017.  Had a discussion with @Tinyaccount the other day about the multi-interpretability ( self constructed word here) of David’s communication. And here we are with another example. 

So he’s being too bold and too straight forward, or he knows something is going to happen on short term ( or both). 

Is there any statement like this in the past? That xRapid isn’t aimed at banks? 

Without context or further insights the fudster are going to take this as “ banks don’t only not need XRP, they aren’t even the target anymore, XRP failed”. And that’s really annoying, there we go again, fudfighting.

They’d better announce WeChat tomorrow or good news from SBI/WU/MG. 

Maybe Xpool beta announcement is closer than we think, thus David has explicitly stated this to create extra fuss over Xpool. Very interesting times ahead!

42 minutes ago, Hodl_eXRPert said:

'Once banks are on board and using xCurrent it will be as easy as flipping on a switch to start using xRapid'

To: 

"xRapid is our first product that settles with XRP and it's not aimed at banks."

Im kinda shocked..

This

13 minutes ago, Hodl_eXRPert said:

If xRapid can fix nostro/vostro accounts like they claim. Then xRapid is aimed for banks. Period. 

no, that's what you thought in your own head

just because it CAN do X, doesnt mean it only has to do X, and cannot do Y, or Z, or Q

jesus h christ!

16 minutes ago, jasil said:

The horse speaks and the forum tries to spin every comment positive and look for magic meaning in every word lol.

Lol mate u baffle me. Are you actually holding? Just asking out on curiosity. 

look, main point being: XRP can do a LOT of things... a LOT

i could use it directly to pay for coffee... i COULD, but i won't because it's not ready yet

1 minute ago, Qasim_786 said:

Lol mate u baffle me. Are you actually holding? Just asking out on curiosity. 

I hold 18k of XRP, but it is not my biggest crypto holding nor do I think it will be the biggest mover this year. I just call a spade a spade.

1 minute ago, jasil said:

I hold 18k of XRP, but it is not my biggest crypto holding nor do I think it will be the biggest mover this year. I just call a spade a spade.

Think being the keyword. 

Just now, zerpdigger said:

just because it CAN do X, doesnt mean it only has to do X, and cannot do Y, or Z, or Q

jesus h christ!

no need to use language as yours.. it is clearly not in my head only since this twitter made lots of confusion.. not only to me, but to others also.. and investors have fully right to ask question.. if you cant keep it civil and explain me as best as you can, just put me on ignore.. it is simple as that

I find his twitters contradictory. 

11 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I was surprised at first too, and I’m really doing my homework everyday since july 2017.  Had a discussion with @Tinyaccount the other day about the multi-interpretability ( self constructed word here) of David’s communication. And here we are with another example. 

So he’s being too bold and too straight forward, or he knows something is going to happen on short term ( or both). 

Is there any statement like this made in the past? That xRapid isn’t aimed at banks? 

Without context or further insights the fudsters are going to take this as “ banks don’t only not need XRP, they aren’t even the target anymore, XRP failed”. And that’s really annoying, there we go again, fudfighting.

They’d better announce WeChat tomorrow or good news from SBI/WU/MG. 

You know what the funny thing is?
All this time on ripple.Com on the tab "use cases". https://ripple.com/use-cases/
It clearly states Xcurrent or Xvia for banks. 
Xcurrent or Xrapid for payment providers
XRP for digital asset exchanges 
And Xvia for corporates

Edited by Sirthinkalot

1 hour ago, princesultan said:

there is definitely some poor communication coming out from top management right now. one is saying one thing, another is saying something completely different. there's going to be a lot of confused people from these comments.

It's not poor communication. It's people reading too much into things or coming to their own 'assumed' conclusions. 

3 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

jesus h christ!

I bet I can find more statements and hints direct from Ripple saying they’re targetting banks with xRapid than the opposite. 

Not able to fact check this right now, but you have to wonder why this tweet surprises a lot of people, and not only the newbies. That fact alone says enough. For a multibillion company their PR and tweets  are still not at the desired professional level. 

33 minutes ago, jasil said:

The horse speaks and the forum tries to spin every comment positive and look for magic meaning in every word lol.

“Never surrender your hopes and dreams to the fateful limitations others have placed on their own lives. The vision of your true destiny does not reside within the blinkered outlook of the naysayers and the doom prophets. Judge not by their words, but accept advice based on the evidence of actual results. Do not be surprised should you find a complete absence of anything mystical or miraculous in the manifested reality of those who are so eager to advise you.”
― Anthon St. Maarten